OF WINE AND 'O SOLE MIO'

It's You

‘It’s raining.’, Kyungsoo pouted as he looked out the patio.

 

‘The news said it’ll probably rain the whole day. We can’t go out because a few parts in town are flooded.’, Jongin said, flipping through the pages of a paint book.

 

‘So much for my last day here.’, Kyungsoo said softly with a sigh. He turned to Jongin and asked ‘What can we do here?’. He plopped on the sofa and looked outside the patio.

 

‘What do you wanna do?’, Jongin smirked at the younger.

 

‘W-What?!’, Kyungsoo stammered. Jongin stood up and hovered above the elder.

 

‘Y-Yah!’, Kyungsoo said, face turning pinkish.

 

Jongin stretched his arm behind the couch and Kyungsoo heard some rustling sound.

 

‘Just trying to get this.’, Jongin chuckled, holding a plastic bag containing painting equipments. He stopped his face in front of Kyungsoo and spoke in a low voice, ‘What were you thinking, Kyungsoo? You’re so dirty minded.’. The younger smirked and quickly got up before Kyungsoo gets physical. Kyungsoo got up and glared at him but the younger just smiled at him.

 

‘Wanna help me paint?’, Jongin asked.

 

‘No’ was Kyungsoo’s cold response. Jongin kept quiet and started dipping his brush into a small bottle of bright red paint before he started painting. After a few minutes, Kyungsoo went to glass table where Jongin was painting quietly and took a painting brush and dipped it in blue paint.

 

‘I thought you’re not gonna help me.’, Jongin looked up.

 

‘I’m not.’, Kyungsoo looked at Jongin with big eyes.

 

‘Then wh-’, Kyungsoo brushed the paint across Jongin’s cheek and smiled.

 

‘That’s why.’, Kyungsoo said and quickly ran away.

 

‘YAH! Come back here!’, Jongin got up and chased the elder. Kyungsoo quickly ran into the bathroom and locked the door. Jongin banged the bathroom door and yelled ‘YAH! Come out!’. Kyungsoo sighed in relief when Jongin couldn’t open the bathroom door.

 

‘No!’, Kyungsoo said and he started laughing.

 

‘Yah! This is not funny!’, Jongin said, still banging the bathroom door.

 

‘HAH! REVENGE IS SWEET JONGIN!’, Kyungsoo said and started laughing. Serve him right for playing around the elder. Physically. Kyungsoo would be lying if he wasn’t affected whenever Jongin holds him or the skinships they had. Even if painting Jongin’s cheeks was a childish act, Kyungsoo will still think that it’s worth it because it’s annoying the hell out of Jongin.

 

‘UGH! I GIVE UP! I’M LEAVING!’, Jongin hollered and Kyungsoo heard the suite door being slammed. To be safe, he waited for a few minutes before opening the door. He slowly opened the door and peeked around the suite. There was silence and no sign of the younger. Kyungsoo stepped outside the bathroom and looked around again. He really left.

 

‘Gotcha!’. A pair of strong arms caught his waist from the back. Kyungsoo gasped and looked behind.

 

‘Jongin! Let me go!’, Kyungsoo hissed and wriggled his body, trying to escape Jongin’s arms but failed.

 

‘No! You are going to get it.’, Jongin tightened his grasp. ‘Stop moving!’, Jongin yelled. Kyungsoo kept wriggling causing Jongin to fumble backwards and the younger stepped on a paintbrush on the floor. Jongin slipped and the both of them fell on the sofa with Kyungsoo on top of Jongin. BADUM! BADUM! BADUM! There goes Kyungsoo’s heart when he saw Jongin’s piercing gaze.

 

‘S-Sorry.’, Kyungsoo mumbled, avoiding Jongin’s gaze and tried to get up but Jongin crossed his legs and locked Kyungsoo’s legs.

 

Kyungsoo squeezed his eyes and he felt something cold brushing across his cheek before he could complete his sentence. He opened one eye and saw a grinning Jongin.

 

‘Revenge is sweeter when it’s you.’, Jongin leaned to Kyungsoo’s ear and spoke in a low voice and winked (flirtatiously) at the elder and Kyungsoo was left dumbfounded in Jongin’s arms.

 

*****

 

‘Can’t drink?’, Jongin teased his secretary who was sitting opposite of him as he swirled the red liquid in his glass. Kyungsoo glared at him then looked at the glass of wine he was holding. Why do hotels always serve wine to their customers as if there were no other beverages available in this grand and classy hotel.

 

‘Some classy hotel.’, Kyungsoo muttered under his breath.

 

Kyungsoo has low alcohol tolerance and could not drink because it’ll make him tipsy and high and he’ll probably do something embarrassing. Once, he accidentally drank soju during a get-together during his university years and ended up kissing his lecturer, a rather grumpy old woman which result in poor Kyungsoo getting extra assignments. His university friends often with that incident and since then Kyungsoo never took any alcoholic beverages. However, Kyungsoo’s  ego was too big and so, he did the unexpected. Oh, what the heck. He drank the red liquid one shot and placed the glass on the table rather loudly. Jongin looked at the elder, mouth hanging.

 

‘Pfft! Who says I can’t drink?’, Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes.

 

‘Kyungsoo, that’s not how you drink wine.’, Jongin laughed. He chuckled and shook his head as he looked at the elder who started hiccupping and cheeks slowly turning red and Jongin was finding it hard not to stare. It’s just his first glass. Kyungsoo placed his hand on his chin and supported his upper body by putting his elbow on the marble table and looked at Jongin with an unreadable expression. What a cute drunkard.

 

‘Pour me...hic…another…hic…glass.’, Kyungsoo said.

 

‘You’re drunk.’, Jongin said and sipped his wine again.

 

‘No, I’m..hic…not. I’m perfectly…hic…fine. I’m…hic…fine!’, Kyungsoo whined and Jongin just smiled looking at Kyungsoo being a cute drunkard.

 

‘Then why are you hiccupping and you can’t even sit straight?’, Jongin leaned towards the table, still smiling.

 

‘No…hic…I am sitting…hic…straight.’, Kyungsoo whined, hiccups in between his words,  his body gradually drifting to the side and the left side of his face ended up on the table. Jongin had a wide smile plastered on his face, showing off his pearly white teeth while looking at Kyungsoo and waited for the elder to say something but there was no response.

 

‘Yah.’, Jongin poked the elder’s right cheek but there was no reaction.

 

‘Kyungsoo.’, Jongin poked the elder’s cheek again but there was no response again. He stood up and walked to Kyungsoo’s side. He bent down and looked at at Kyungsoo, unaware a smile was on his face. So cute.

 

‘Wake up, Kyungsoo.’, Jongin stood up and slowly pulled Kyungsoo up and the elder let out a moan, one that Jongin interpreted rather differently. Kyungsoo finally stood up with the support of Jongin and Kyungsoo looped his arms around Jongin’s neck for support and their eyes met. Jongin felt hot in the face when he saw Kyungsoo eyes. It was so innocent yet y at the same time and Jongin quickly looked away.

 

He cleared his throat before saying ‘Since you can stand on your own two feet, I assume you can walk-’

 

‘O SOLE MIO~~~~~’, Kyungsoo started singing really loudly, attracting attention from people in the restaurant. People in the restaurant snickered and laughed.

 

‘Yah!’, Jongin hissed and cupped Kyungsoo’s mouth but that did not stop Kyungsoo from singing even though his voice was muffled by Jongin’s hand. He sang louder and Jongin pulled the cute drunkard out of the restaurant to save his image and headed for the lift.

 

‘You’re lucky no one knows us in Paris.’, Jongin muttered under his breath.

 

‘O SOLE MIO!~~~~~~’, Kyungsoo continued singing and flailing his arms in the air and Jongin mentally cursed because the lift was rather far from the restaurant and they had to pass through the lobby. Jongin felt like he had to travel from the south pole to the north pole because the journey to the lift was extremely long. He couldn’t be happier when he saw the lift and quickly entered the unoccupied lift. He looked at Kyungsoo who slumped down and ended up on the marble-floored lift still muttering to ‘O Sole Mio’.

 

Jongin shut his eye and sighed heavily. No more wine for you.

 

The lift doors opened and he lifted Kyungsoo and carried the elder bridal style into his suite. He kicked the door shut and made his way to the bed. When he was about to lay Kyungsoo down, the elder refused to let go of the younger and tightened his arms around Jongin’s neck. He rested his head on the crook of Jongin’s neck and said softly ‘You’re warm.’, his breath tickling Jongin’s skin.

 

Jongin was so tempted to kiss the hell out of Kyungsoo but he rather not risk his face being beaten up by Kyungsoo. He cleared his throat and said ‘The bed is right there.’

 

‘Nooooo. I don’t want to be cold.’, Kyungsoo whined and tightened his grasp around Jongin’s neck.

 

‘Kyungsoo…I-’

 

 ‘Noooooooooooooo.’, Kyungsoo whined (cutely) and pulled the younger and Jongin fell on top of Kyungsoo.

 

‘Y-Yah.’, Jongin stammered and looked at the elder.

 

‘Stay’, Kyungsoo said softly, eyes slowly closing and he tightened his arms around Jongin’s neck, refusing to let him go. The younger sighed in defeat and ended up sleeping beside Kyungsoo. He looked at Kyungsoo’s face and was slightly sad because Kyungsoo’s cheek weren’t that red anymore. He the elder’s cheek softly and listened to Kyungsoo’s  steady breathing. What am I going to do with you?

 

*****

 

The next morning, Kyungsoo’s head was pounding as if someone was hitting gongs in his head the moment he woke up. The ray of sunshine hit him in the face and Kyungsoo scrunched his face, blocking the light with his hand and he felt a weight on his waist. He sighed and turned around and saw a sleeping Jongin, topless and Jongin’s arms were wrapped around his waist. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened to the size of saucer plates and gasped loudly. He kicked Jongin off the bed which result in Jongin cursing out loud early in the morning.

 

‘WHAT THE ?’, Jongin cursed out loud, pressing the back of his head.

 

‘Y-YOU! W-WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME? WHY ARE YOU SHIRTLESS?’, Kyungsoo screamed and looked at his body. He screamed again ‘WHY AM I WEARING YOUR SHIRT? OH MY GOD…oh my god…my purity…’, Kyungsoo mumbled and he looked like as though he was having a mental breakdown.

 

Jongin pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. ‘Look, I did not take away your purity and…’, he scoffed ‘…since when do you have purity?’. Kyungsoo gritted his teeth and gave the younger a nasty look. Kyungsoo then touched his lips. D-Did I do something? Did I kiss- he looked at the younger –Jongin?!

 

‘D-Did I… did we…’, Kyungsoo mumbled in embarassment. Kyungsoo wanted to cry and Jongin climbed up to bed and said ‘We did did something.’ in a teasing manner.

 

‘Aish! This is all your-’, Jongin held his hand up, stopping Kyungsoo from saying anything.

 

Last night…

 

‘Stay’, Kyungsoo said softly, eyes slowly closing and he tightened his arms around Jongin’s neck, refusing to let him go. The younger sighed in defeat and ended up sleeping beside Kyungsoo. He looked at Kyungsoo’s face and was slightly sad because Kyungsoo’s cheek weren’t that red anymore. Those red cheeks were cute though. He the elder’s cheek softly and looked at the sleeping figure whose arms were still around his neck and Jongin secretly liked it, sharing warmth and contentment, for Jongin at least. He wondered if Kyungsoo felt the same, before drifting off to sleep.

 

Jongin woke up feeling hot in the middle of the night and his shoulder was aching for staying too long in his position. He wanted to get up but Kyungsoo was still sleeping and his arms were still around Jongin’s neck. The younger decided to shrug off the pain and continued lying in his position. After some time, he couldn’t stand the pain and he was feeling very hot. He slowly pushed off Kyungsoo’s arms and the elder stirred but continued sleeping. Jongin sighed in relief and got up and massaged his shoulders, wincing at the pain. He then took off his shirt and looked at Kyungsoo. “I don’t want to be cold.”. Kyungsoo’s words came across his mind so Jongin gently slipped his shirt onto Kyungsoo to keep him warm. For the first time, Jongin went to sleep with a smile on his face.

 

‘So that was what happened last night.’, Jongin explained everything to Kyungsoo from the moment he got drunk at the restaurant, the lift, the suite, the bed, the shirt and everything. However, Kyungsoo refused to acknowledge the part where he literally begged Jongin to stay with him and ignored the younger.

 

‘Admit it, you like what you see this morning.’, Jongin smirked at the Kyungsoo before entering the bathroom, who looked bewildered and cheeks blooming into a rosy colour. Stupid Jongin.

 

At the airport…

 

‘Are you getting in or not?’, Jongin asked. They landed in Korea half an hour ago and they were currently standing in parking lot of the airport.

 

‘No. I’d rather walk than sit in the same car with you.’, Kyungsoo replied haughtily.

 

‘Pfft. Walk. It’s almost an hour drive from here to your place and you’re gonna walk? I wish you all the best.’

 

Kyungsoo snorted and muttered ‘I don’t need you.’ and Jongin didn’t miss it. He narrowed his eyes and said ‘Fine! If you’re walking, I’m walking too.’. Kyungsoo turned to Jongin with a look of disbelief on his face.

 

Jongin turned to his chauffeur and said ‘We’re walking so-’

 

‘Woah woah woah. Wait. Excuse us for a moment.’, Kyungsoo pulled Jongin away from his car.

 

‘Look, Jongin. You have a car and a chauffeur to drive you home so go! I’ll call a cab or whatever. Go!’, Kyungsoo hissed.

 

‘No. Either you sit in my car or we’re walking.’, Jongin deadpans. Kyungsoo sighed and poked his forehead multiple times. After a few minutes debating internally, the elder agreed.

 

‘You .’, Kyungsoo said before entering the car and Jongin grinned, causing Kyungsoo to scrunch his face.

 

*****

‘He’s in love with Kyungsoo.’, Yixing said, stacking packets of flour in the storage room.

 

‘What?! That doesn’t even make any sense. They hate each other!’, Suho replied in disbelief.

 

‘Hate can change to love, Ho.’

 

‘Stop calling me that! Geez!’, Suho glared at a grinning Yixing. The café doorbell rang and Suho went to counter followed by Yixing.

 

‘Welcome and how may I-’, Suho said halfway and looked up.

 

‘Hi.’

 

 

 

 

 


I AM SO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG FOR ME TO UPDATE THIS STORY *gets bricked* TT so sorry guys TT I hope you enjoy this chapter. Oh and O Sole Mio means 'my sunshine' and the last part is a small preview of...*drum rolls* KRISHO! I can't update it frequently cause I'm working now but I'll try to update it whenever I'm free. Anyway guys MERRY CHRISTMAS :D happy holidays to those who are celebrating ^^. Oh! Any of you all watch Oh My Venus? OMG THAT DRAMA IS LOVE! Shin Min Ah and So Ji Sub is love! *throws hearts and confettis* Comment and subscribe ^^