THE RECONCILATION

It's You

Kyungsoo walks into the secretary department, a few files in his hands after returning from the design department.

 

‘Surprise!’, his colleagues yelled. There was a small chocolate cake on the table with a lighted candle and “Welcome Back to Work!” written in pink frosting.

 

Kyungsoo blinked his eyes, unaware of the situation.

 

‘Mr. Do, welcome back to work and please take care of your health!’, Mr. Huang said, patting his shoulders.

 

‘Yeah, don’t make us worry again. The office isn’t fun when you’re not around, my partner-in-crime.’, Ms. Jia said with a playful wink.

 

Kyungsoo chuckled at Ms. Jia’s words. ‘Thank you, Mr. Huang and Ms. Jia. I’ll take care of my health.’

 

‘C’mon, you better blow out the candle because it’s melting.’, Mr. Huang ushers him.

 

Kyungsoo blowed the candle and they shared the cake when Yunchan knocked on the glass door, making his presence known.

 

‘Oh, intern! Come and have some cake.’, Ms. Jia said, signaling him to enter.

 

‘Here. To your health and take good care of yourself, sunbae.’, Yunchan presented a bouquet of flowers to Kyungsoo.

 

He took it by surprise and thanked him. Mr. Huang and Ms. Jia ooh-ed but Yunchan stopped them by putting up his hand, a stop signal.

 

‘I have an announcement to make.’, Yunchan fidget with his fingers. He turned to Mr. Huang and Ms. Jia and bowed to them. ‘Thank you for your guidance all along. I have learnt many things from the two of you. I, Park Yunchan will no longer be interning here.’, he announced.

 

‘What?’, the two of them said in unison, disbelief written all over their faces.

 

‘What is this, Yunchan? Is something wrong? Is this about Jong-’, Kyungsoo asked but Yunchan shook his head.

 

‘No. It’s not because of that. I will be furthering my studies in the US.’

 

‘Will you be coming back to Korea once you finish your studies?’, Mr. Huang asked.

 

‘Maybe, but I’m planning to work there.’

 

‘It’s too bad we couldn’t plan your farewell party since it’s so sudden. We’ll meet up soon when you return. Take care and good luck, Yunchan.’, Mr. Huang said with a smile.

 

‘Thank you, sir.’

 

‘But…this is so sudden, Yunchan.’, Kyungsoo said sadly.

 

‘It’s okay, sunbae. We’ll keep in touch and I hope to hear some good news soon.’, Yunchan smiled at him.

 

Yunchan packed his stuff into a brown box and bid farewell to his colleagues. He looked at Kyungsoo and said ‘Sunbae, thank you for everything. This may be too much to ask but can I have a farewell hug?’

 

A small smile graced Kyungsoo’s lips. He steps forward and gave his junior a small hug.

 

‘Goodbye, sunbae.’, Yunchan broke the hug and walked out from the secretary department while saying his goodbyes.

 

‘Okay, guys. Let’s not be sad. We have the internet and still can keep in touch with him. Let’s start working now.’, Mr. Huang clapped his hands.

 

‘Yes, sir!’

 

*****

 

Kyungsoo entered Jongin’s office, only to find it empty. Again.

 

It was his third time seeing it empty since morning and there was no sight of the young CEO anywhere.

 

Kyungsoo sighed and put the files on Jongin’s desk when Mr. Nam, Jongin’s assistant rushed into the office, his face panicked.

 

‘Mr. Nam, have you seen Jong- I mean President Kim?’, Kyungsoo asked.

 

‘No. His car is in the parking lot but I can’t find him. He’s not answering his phone too.’, Mr. Nam checked his phone only to find that working time was almost over. ‘Oh, no. What if something happened?’, Mr. Nam cries.

 

‘It’s okay. Everything will be fine. Let’s go find him.’, Kyungsoo pats his back.

 

Where are you, Jongin-ah?

 

Kyungsoo walked along the halls, corridors and lobby, hoping to see Jongin but failed. He walked down the stairs to the storage room at the basement and saw the doors open. He walked towards the room and saw someone lurking around the boxes of files.

 

‘Jongin-ah?’

 

‘AHHHHHHHHHH!!!’, Jongin let out an unmanly scream and turned his head towards the direction of the voice, his face pale.

 

Relief washed over Kyungsoo as soon as his eyes landed on Jongin’s. Fear written all over face and beads of sweat between his hair and skin.

 

‘Jongin-ah! What are you doing here?! I’ve been looking for you since morning. Mr. Nam too.’, Kyungsoo asked, walking towards him.

 

‘Don’t do that again!’, Jongin snapped, his hand on his chest as he tries to calm himself.

 

‘S-Sorry.’, Kyungsoo looked down.

 

‘It’s okay.’, he muttered.

 

‘What are you doing here?’

 

‘I’m looking for a 2009 ledger report.’, Jongin said, flipping through the files and looking at the boxes.

 

‘You should’ve asked me to that. Why didn’t you?’, Kyungsoo said, walking towards the rack opposite him and looking at the records.

 

Jongin opened his mouth to say something but stopped. He looked at Kyungsoo who was flipping through the reports for a few seconds and tored his gaze from him, back to the boxes in front of him.

 

 

After 30 minutes, Jongin ruffled his hair in frustration and kicked the box in front of him. He was in the storage room for the whole day and yet he couldn’t find the report he wanted.

 

‘Aish! Where is it?’

 

The storage room doors suddenly closed and a click sound could be heard. Kyungsoo rushed to door and tried opening it but he couldn’t.

 

‘No, no, no! It’s locked! We’re stuck!’, Kyungsoo jiggled the doorknob.

 

‘What?!’, Jongin did the same but the door wouldn’t open.

 

‘Oh my god. What are we going to do? Can you call Mr. Nam?’

 

Jongin searched his pockets, his eyes widening slowly ‘, I left it in the office.’

 

Kyungsoo groaned. ‘My battery’s dead.’

 

‘Nobody can hear us from here. It’s too far and we might have to wait till tomorrow morning for the janitor to come.’, Jongin said.

 

‘Tomorrow?!’

 

‘Yes. Ugh, I should really pay attention to the facilities down here.’, Jongin looked around.

 

‘Great. Now we’re stuck here.’, Kyungsoo stated as he walked towards the lighted spot in the room that was coming from the ventilation window and sat on the cold concrete floor.

 

‘Thank you very much, captain obvious.’, Jongin deadpanned, shifting next to Kyungsoo and their arms came in contact. Kyungsoo flinched at the the sudden contact and felt heat creeping up his face.

 

Kyungsoo cleared his throat as he couldn’t stand the silence between them.

 

‘Why did you come here alone? I could’ve help you find it and we wouldn’t be stuck here.’, Kyungsoo asked.

 

‘I didn’t want you to get sick again.’, the younger said softly.

 

Kyungsoo turned to look at him.

 

‘When I found out you fainted and was brought to the hospital…I-I wasn’t myself. I rushed to the hospital during a meeting and got into a fistfight with Yunchan at the hospital. The hyungs were disappointed and I just couldn’t bring myself to face you. I’m sorry for saying all those mean things to you, I’m sorry for being childish and rash, I’m sorry for the pain I caused you, and I’m sorry for not believing in you.’, Jongin apologized, guilt filling himself and he didn’t expect Kyungsoo to forgive him.

 

The elder tore his gaze away and looked at the boxes in front of them.

 

‘Yunchan is moving to the US. He left this morning.’, Kyungsoo said.

 

‘I know. He told me.’, Jongin answered curtly.

 

‘That night, when I came back late-’

 

‘It’s okay. You were with Yunchan. I understand-’

 

‘Jongin.’

 

‘Sorry.’

 

‘I really didn’t had anything planned that evening. I just wanted to go home and Yunchan saw me at the carpark and invited me out for dinner. He said it was his treat and begged me so I just went with him.’

 

‘What? You’ll go with anybody that offers you free food?’

 

‘Jongin.’, Kyungsoo turned to Jongin, furrowing his brows.

 

‘Sorry…for jumping into conclusions.’, Jongin mumbled.

 

‘It wouldn’t hurt you if you would’ve just listened to me.’, Kyungsoo teased and continued ‘I forgave you quite some time ago, Jongin-ah.’ The moment I realized I had feelings for you.

 

‘What? Why? I was a jerk. I don’t deserve to be forgiven.’, Jongin said, ignoring his heart which was starting to beat at a quicker pace after hearing Kyungsoo calling him so casually.

 

‘Let’s just say you’re special.’, Kyungsoo gave him a soft smile. Because I was a coward, denying the fact that I liked you and I shut you away.

 

Jongin’s heart was literally threatening to burst through his ribcage. First, Kyungsoo called him in a casual manner and now he says Jongin is special with a beautiful smile on his face.

 

‘W-What…So is Jongin-ah my new name now?’

 

‘I feel comfortable calling you that.’

 

Jongin turned to look at Kyungsoo with a smile. ‘Thank you for forgiving me.’

 

‘Just promise me you won’t do that again.’, Kyungsoo said, avoiding Jongin’s gaze.

 

‘I promise.’, Jongin said, eyes still fixed on Kyungsoo.

 

‘Stop looking at me.’

 

Jongin laughed and there was a comfortable silence in the air.

 

‘So, are we good now?’, Jongin asked and Kyungsoo hummed in response.

 

*****

 

Jongin slowly opened his eyes and looked around.

 

‘I must’ve dozed off. Ughhh, how long are we going to be stuck here?’, Jongin silently thought.

 

He checked his watch. 6:30am. He turned to his left and saw Kyungsoo leaning on his shoulder, sleeping soundly.

 

‘Maybe being stuck down here isn’t so bad.’, Jongin thought, unaware of the smile gracing his lips. His hands unconsciously  Kyungsoo’s cheek, his smile growing wider at the tingling sensation at his fingertips when it came in contact with Kyungsoo’s pale skin. He’d better get used to this kind of feeling whenever he touches Kyungsoo.

 

Jongin retracted his fingers when he heard the jiggling of the doorknob and voices outside.

 

‘Kyungsoo, wake up. Someone’s here.’, Jongin said softly, softly patting Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

 

‘5 more minutes.’, Kyungsoo stired, his voice drowsy.

 

The doors were still stuck and Jongin could here the person behind it trying his best to push it. After a few hard pushes and strucks, the door blew open, revealing the janitor and the security guard.

 

‘Ahjussi!’, Jongin called for the old men. The two of them stepped into the storage room, trying to look for the source of the voice.

 

‘President Kim? What are you doing here? Did you get stuck here the whole night?’, the old janitor rushed towards them.

 

‘Are the doors open?’, Kyungsoo asked, rubbing his eyes as he got up, a sight that Jongin thought was cute.

 

‘Yes. I’m so sorry, sir. I put up the ‘No Entry’ sign because the doorknobs were faulty. I should’ve immediately changed it and the lights too.’

 

‘No, it’s okay. It’s partly my fault too for not paying attention to the facilities here.’, Jongin said. The two of them bowed to the elderly men.

 

‘President Kim!’, Mr. Nam rushed towards Jongin and Kyungsoo when he saw them entering the lobby.

 

‘Oh, Mr. Nam…’

 

‘Sir! Do you know how worried I was? We almost lodged a police report!’, Mr. Nam cried as relief washes over him.

 

Kyungsoo smiled. Mr. Nam was always there for Jongin whenever he needed something before, during and after work. He was a diligent, responsible and loyal assistant that has trained, helped and worked with Jongin before he was appointed as a CEO by his father.

 

‘Hey, I’m sorry I caused a ruckus. I was locked in the storage room and don’t worry. I’m fine.’, Jongin smiled sheepishly at his trembling assistant who was on the verge of tears.

 

‘It’s my fault, sir…for not paying attention to my duty. I’m sorry, sir.’, Mr. Nam apologized.

 

‘Aish, it’s not your fault. C’mon, let’s go to the cafeteria. I’m starving.’, Jongin pulled his assistant into a headlock. He turned to Kyungsoo with a smile. ‘Let’s go.’

 

 

‘I heard you were locked up in the storage room with President Kim for the whole night.’

 

‘Oh…the doorknobs were faulty and we couldn’t open it.’, Kyungsoo said, face turning pink at the thought of sleeping on Jongin’s shoulder.

 

‘Oh ho! Why are you blushing?’, Mr. Huang wiggled his eyebrows and Kyungsoo’s expression was scandalous.

 

‘I-I am not! It’s just hot here…’, Kyungsoo stammered, his eyes on the laptop screen.

 

‘No, it’s not. As far as I know, our air conditioners here are working perfectly.’

 

‘Well, I’m feeling hot then.’

 

‘Why? Did you do something at the storage room?’

 

‘What?!’. Kyungsoo turned to Mr. Huang, whom started laughing hysterically.

 

‘This is so fun, Mr. Do.’, Mr. Huang cackled.

 

‘No, it’s not. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to send some reports.’, Kyungsoo stood up, collecting the files on the table in a rushed manner.

 

‘Control yourself, Mr. Do.’, Mr. Huang teased and Kyungsoo wanted to jump into a hole.

 

*****

 

‘Oh, hi.’, Jongin said as Kyungsoo entered the his office.

 

‘Here are the documents for the fashion project. The design team sent it this morning.’, Kyungsoo explained while placing the file on Jongin’s desk.

 

Jongin nodded and flipped through the portfolios and design books.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes unconsciously travelled to Jongin’s wide and broad shoulders. Warmth crept up his cheeks at the thought of his head being there that night. He was embarrassed and his body squirmed in awkwardness.

 

‘Are you feeling okay? Your face is red’, Jongin’s voice interrupted his thoughts.

 

‘I like you-.’, Kyungsoo blurted out and immediately covered his mouth with his palm, eyes widening into size of saucers , his fingers slowly pinching his lips when he realized what he was about to say.

 

‘H-Huh?’, Jongin responded.

 

‘-ur shirt. I mean I like your shirt.’, Kyungsoo explained, arms flailing at every direction.

 

You mean underneath his shirt?

 

Shut up, brain.

 

Kyungsoo cleared his throat, lips turning dry as Jongin gave him a confused look.

 

‘Nothing. I’m not feeling well.’, Kyungsoo excuses himself and quickly walked out of the office, ignoring Jongin’s call.

 

Kyungsoo lets out a relieved sigh as he walked along the corridor to his office. He nearly jumped off his skin when his phone vibrated. He took it out and saw a message and tapped the screen.

 

From: Jongin

You should go home if you’re not feeling well. And…thanks. I like my shirt too.:)

 

 

 

 

 


Lmao guys. Took me a century to update this fic because I was writing baekyeol oneshots (you guys should check it out! I really appreciate it!) and university is just kiliing me. Sorry guys especially my dear subscribers. TT I hope you enjoy this chapter and I changed the previous chapter's title (Chapter 12). Dear readers, thank you for subscribing and reading and commenting. I love you guys. I'll try to update this fic soon. Don't forget to subscribe, comment and upvote if you like it! Have a good day. ^^ *big hugs to everyone*

Shameless promotion of my Baekyeol Fics.

First Love

No Regrets 

Then, Now and Forever

One Last Time

I hope you check it out! ^^ Thank you so much!