DATE

It's You

‘Hi’, Kris grinned.

 

‘H-Hi’, Suho stuttered, surprised that Kris was in his café so early in the morning. Oh my god, it’s him. Stay calm, Suho.

 

‘One chocolate malt please. Take away.’, Kris said, still smiling. Suho keyed in his order and gave Kris his bill.

 

‘Can I speak to you?’, Kris asked and leaned against the counter table ‘In private?’.

 

‘S-sure.’, Suho nodded, a faint blush appearing on his cheeks when he heard ‘private’. He gestured Yixing to take over the counter and the latter wiggled his eyebrows. The duo went near the tables at the back of the café.

 

‘I was wondering if you wanna come to the International Food Carnival this weekend…with me?’, Kris asked, pulling the back of his neck.

 

‘Ah! The International Food Carnival? I was planning to go there too! International gourmets and cuisines and snacks from all over the world! Oh my god, I just love Italian food and gosh. Pastas and pizzas…’, Suho stopped when he realized he was rambling about food and literally embarrassing himself in front of his dear ‘perfection’. Suho pressed his lips and mumbled sorry and his face red from embarrassment.

 

‘Hey, no need to be sorry. It was cute. So, is that a yes?’, Kris asked, his tone hopeful. Suho nodded.

 

 ‘Great! 6pm, your café, okay?’, Kris laughed, finding Suho extremely adorable.

 

‘Sure. S-see you.’, Suho replied, fiddling his fingers and he gave Kris a shy smile.

 

Coughs!

 

The both of them turned around only to find Yixing holding a paper bag containing Kris’s order. Kris thanked Yixing and he turned to look at Suho and slipped a piece of paper into Suho’s apron. He then winked at the younger before leaving the café and fist-pumped the air once he was outside the café. Yixing laughed at Suho who looked like as though someone poured red paint all over his face. Suho took out the piece of paper and opened it.

 

KRIS WU

011-234-67897

 

‘Oho! What was that?’, Yixing nudged him, wiggling his eyebrows. ‘Is that his number?’

 

‘Yeah. He invited me to the International Food Carnival this weekend.’, Suho replied dreamily, staring at the piece of paper with a smile on his face.

 

‘You look like some high school girl fangirling over her crush. So, it’s a date eh? I told you that you stand a chance so go for it!’

 

‘But Xing…you were suppose to go there with me. How about the three-’

 

‘Oh no. I’m not gonna be a light bulb there. I’ll just stay at the café and extend business hours.’, Yixing said.

 

‘But you wanted to go-’

 

‘I’m fine. Maybe I’ll go after working hours and look around. Plus, there’ll be another food carnival next year so I don’t really mind.’

 

‘I’m sorry, Xing.’, Suho said, his tone regretful.

 

‘You don’t have to be! It’s your date! Your day! We’ll have another outing some other day.’, Yixing assured Suho and placed an arm over Suho’s shoulder.

 

‘Thanks, Xing. There’s no one like you.’

 

‘Of course! I’m limited edition. Ah, no. I’m the only edition. There’s no other Zhang Yixing.’, Yixing said sassily. Suho laughed out loud.

 

‘Help me pick an outfit for Saturday night.’

 

‘Well, you just came to the right person. Oh, and you’ll be paying me extra wages on Saturday.’, Yixing stuck out his tongue before leaving Suho.

 

‘YAH!’

 

Suho can’t wait for Saturday night to come and marked his calendar with a heart shape on Saturday. Yixing couldn’t be happier when Suho finally found someone to fill up the loneliness in his life. Yixing smiled when he saw Suho marking his calendar with a bright red marker, smiling. You deserve this. Good luck, Ho!

 

*****

 

‘Hyung! I’m back!’, Kyungsoo said as he entered Suho’s café.

 

‘Heyyy! How was Paris, Soo?’, Yixing greeted, pulling Kyungsoo into a hug which the latter gladly return.

 

‘It was great. I bought you guys some souvenirs. Where’s Suho hyung?’, Kyungsoo replied, holding up a bag full of souvenirs.

 

‘He’s in the kitchen. He’ll be out any min-’

 

‘Soo!!!’, Suho squealed when he came out from the kitchen, a big smile on his face.

 

‘Hyung!’, Kyungsoo grinned, hugging Suho.

 

‘Sit down and I’ll bring out something.’, Suho said and left for the kitchen.

Suho came out with Kyungsoo’s favourite dessert, chocolate mousse and strawberry cheesecake and a glass of iced chocolate drink.

 

‘Woah hyung. Why all these treats?’, Kyungsoo asked, surprised at the amount of food Suho brought.

 

‘He really missed you, Soo.’, Yixing said. ‘I wonder what’s Soo doing now. Is the food there suitable for them?’, Yixing mimicked only to receive a punch in the arm from Suho and Kyungsoo laughed.

 

‘Thanks, hyung. But you do sound like a mother hen.’, Kyungsoo joked and Yixing started doing some clucking sound.

 

‘This is what we call brotherhood. We care for one another.’, Suho said, poking Yixing’s stomach to shut him up.

 

‘Anyway, thanks for your treat, hyung. And, can you pass the souvenirs to the gang when they drop by?’, Kyungsoo thanked Suho and scooped some chocolate mousse.

 

‘Sure. How was Paris?’, Suho asked, taking the bag from Kyungsoo.

 

‘It was nice. I’d love to go back to Paris again if I was given another chance. Jongin also got an oversea project.’

 

‘Speaking of Jongin, did anything happen at Paris?’, Yixing asked Kyungsoo.

 

‘Uhh, n-no.’, Kyungsoo stuttered when images of him underneath and on Jongin and them sleeping together appeared in his mind.

 

‘Are you sure, Soo?’, Yixing eyed him suspiciously.

 

‘Y-Yes. It was only a business trip. Nothing more.’, Kyungsoo replied, avoiding Yixing’s suspicious gaze.

 

‘I don’t think it was ONLY a business trip though.’, Yixing emphasized on the word ‘only’, shaking his head.

 

‘Why won’t you believe me?! And…why are we talking about that brat so early in the morning?!’, Kyungsoo said, looking annoyed and Yixing stifled his laughter.

 

‘Why are you laughing?’, Kyungsoo eyed his friends who were exchanging looks.

 

‘Nothing.’, Yixing said, pressing his lips and stood up when a customer entered the café.

 

‘Soo, you should rest more. Yixing and I have to get back to work.’, Suho patted his Kyungsoo’s back.

 

‘Fine. Bye, hyung.’, Kyungsoo stood up with a sigh and he turned to Suho ‘Oh, hyung. Good luck with Kris tonight.’, he smirked before leaving the café.

 

‘Yah!’, Suho hit Kyungsoo’s back, ears turning red.

 

Suho went to counter and nudged Yixing. ‘I told you there’s nothing going on between them.’

 

‘You really at romance. Come on, Soo blushed and stuttered when we mentioned Jongin’s name. Have you ever seen this side of him?’, Yixing asked.

 

‘Well, I am so sorry your best friend at romance. Tsk.’, Suho crossed his arms.

 

‘Glad you know that. Thank god you have Kris to teach all about romance.’, Yixing grinned and Suho glared at him.

 

‘Smile cause someone’s got a date tonight.’, Yixing said, wiping wine glasses.

 

‘Xing! What do I have to wear tonight?!’, Suho gasped and looked at his uniform.

 

*****

 

Kyungsoo plopped on the couch and looked around the house. There was nothing left for him to do because he had already cleaned up his apartment apart from the laundry because the washing machine broke down. He decided to get it fixed the next day because it was a Sunday and the repair shop opposite the street was closed. Kyungsoo took out a book titled ‘The Little Prince’, one he borrowed from Suho. Not long after he started reading, his doorbell rang and Kyungsoo stood up and walked to the door. Who could that be?

 

‘J-Jongin?!’ What are you doing here?’, Kyungsoo asked in surprise, eyes widening to the size of saucer plates.

 

‘I was in this neighborhood. I thought I’d stop by.’, Jongin said with a smile and stepped into Kyungsoo’s apartment but was stopped by Kyungsoo.

 

‘You can’t enter!’, Kyungsoo voice slightly pitchy, hands blocking Jongin from entering his house.

 

‘Why can’t I?’, Jongin furrowed his brows.

 

‘You…just can’t. So, uhh…come over some other day when I invite you…formally.’, Kyungsoo reasoned, his voice panicky. Not when the laundry is piled up as high as Mount Himalaya.

 

‘What are you hiding in there? Drugs? Women? Men?’, Jongin asked, trying to look inside Kyungsoo’s apartment.

 

‘What?! I’m not some bandit leader! Why would I have drugs or men in here??’, Kyungsoo retorted and folded his arms, slightly disappointed that Jongin thought he hid women in his house.

 

‘Then why won’t you let me in?’, Jongin lifted Kyungsoo, carrying the elder by the stomach on his shoulders like a sack of potatoes.

 

‘J-Jongin!’, Kyungsoo gasped and he hit the younger’s back, demanding him to put him down.

 

‘Not bad’, Jongin said, looking around the apartment and still carrying Kyungsoo. The walls were painted with cream colour, not to many furnitures and it was neat.

 

‘Put me down, Jongin! I can file a police report for breaking into my house! This is against the rule: defying one’s privacy!’, Kyungsoo hissed, still hitting Jongin’s back.

 

‘Why didn’t you study law?’, Jongin said, dropping Kyungsoo on the couch. The elder stood up and glared at him.

 

‘Because I don’t want to.’, Kyungsoo walked past Jongin and head for the kitchen. Jongin followed the elder to the kitchen. Kyungsoo took out a bottle of juice for Jongin.

 

‘Here you go.’, Kyungsoo turned around, finding Jongin standing in front of the laundry room.

 

‘Wow, are you running some laundry business?’, Jongin turned to Kyungsoo who looked embarrassed.

 

‘No. Why are you looking around my house? I don’t do drugs nor do I keep women and men here.’, Kyungsoo said through gritted teeth and shut the door. Jongin laughed out loud.

 

‘I am beginning to regret this.’, Kyungsoo sighed. Why do I even offer him juice when he’s not welcomed. Kyungsoo, you are too young to be losing your mind.

 

‘Regret what?’, Jongin asked, opening the bottle cap and drinking it.

 

‘Nothing.’, Kyungsoo dropped himself on the couch with a big sigh. Jongin looked at Kyungsoo who looked tired.

 

‘Are you okay?’, Jongin asked, sitting beside Kyungsoo. The elder shifted to the side, not used to Jongin being this close to him, literally.

 

‘Uhh…there’ll be a group of interns coming next week. Two interns for each department. And, there’ll also be a program for them so you’ll need to help them out.’, Jongin said warily, afraid that Kyungsoo will get annoyed for talking about work on a Sunday.

 

‘Okay.’ was Kyungsoo’s response and Jongin sighed in relief. He looked at Kyungsoo who was looking outside the window, probably something on his mind.

 

‘Let’s go.’, Jongin said, standing up and grabbing Kyungsoo’s wrist.

 

‘Y-Yah. What now?’, Kyungsoo said, startled by Jongin’s action.

 

‘We are going out to relax.’

 

‘Going out isn’t relaxing, Jongin. I-’

 

‘Let’s go.’, Jongin said with a smile on his face, pulling the elder off the couch who was protesting not to go out.

 

‘The International Food Fair?’, Kyungsoo asked, looking at the main entrance.

 

‘Yeah. I got a few tree tickets.’, Jongin said, smiling. ‘Ah, food.’, Jongin follows the delicious smell of nachos and burritos coming from the Mexico stand.

 

‘Buen días señor!’, a round Mexican man wearing a sombrero greeted Jongin.

 

‘Buen días! Buen días!’, Jongin said and ordered one order of nacho and burrito.

 

‘You understood him?’, Kyungsoo asked as soon as Jongin returned.

 

‘Yeah. I googled up a few foreign language before I came here.’, Jongin said in between munches of nachos in his mouth.

 

‘Wipe your mouth! You eat like a child. Even a child is cleaner than you.’, Kyungsoo said and walked away to other food stands.

 

‘Yah!’

 

The two of them walked around the fair, trying different kind of foods from different countries. Sushi, curry, and pastries and many other delicacies which sparked Kyungsoo’s interest in food hence making him buy almost every food that he sees when he passes by any food stand. Jongin on the other hand wasn’t amused because Kyungsoo makes him pay for all the food. ‘You pulled me out with you and I didn’t bring my wallet.’, Kyungsoo would say that with a smile and Jongin would grit his teeth in response.

 

‘Marshmallow and chocolate?’, Jongin asked.

 

‘Marshmallow and chocolate.’, Kyungsoo said, looking at the younger with big eyes.

 

‘But we have that in Korea.’, Jongin reasoned and Kyungsoo pouted. He looked at people dipping their marshmallow into the creamy chocolate fountain. Kyungsoo his lips and turned to Jongin, batting his eyelashes.

 

‘No.’ was Jongin’s firm response. Kyungsoo then looked at him with pleading eyes that screamed ‘I want marshmallow! Kyungsoo wants marshmallow!’.

 

‘N-No’, Jongin said and looked away from Kyungsoo’s eyes. Don’t waver, Jongin!

 

Kyungsoo blowed out a ball of air of frustration and said ‘Fine!’ before walking away. Jongin looked at the walking figure approaching another stand selling donuts.

 

‘Hey.’

 

‘What?’, Kyungsoo turned around and saw Jongin holding a cup containing chocolate covered marshmallows. His pouty face was replaced with a surprised one and a happy grin.

 

‘Jongin! When did you buy this?’, Kyungsoo asked, taking the cup and started devouring it.

 

‘No questions. Eat.’, Jongin said with a small smile. Oh, the things you make me do. Looking at the elder eating the sweet treat, Jongin thought that going back to marshmallow stand was indeed worth it.

 

‘Is that…Suho hyung?’, Jongin asked, looking at a familiar figure with another tall guy standing in front of a sushi stand.

 

‘He’s on a date.’, Kyungsoo said with a smile, still looking at his hyung getting shy when Kris fed him a piece of sushi.

 

‘Oho, he’s making some progress there.’, Jongin looked at Suho who fed Kris another piece of sushi, his face amused. The duo turned around and left the sushi stand and Jongin wanted to call out for Suho but Kyungsoo immediately stopped him.

 

‘Don’t!’, Kyungsoo cupped Jongin’s mouth.

 

‘Why not?!’

 

‘Don’t ruin their date with your presence.’, Kyungsoo said and pulled Jongin away with him.

 

At the carpark…

 

 ‘Thank you for buying me the chocolate marshmallow.’, Kyungsoo said softly.

 

‘I can’t hear you.’, Jongin said with a grin.

 

‘Aish. I said -’

 

Jongin brushed his thumb across Kyungsoo’s lips.

 

‘You said I eat like a child but what is this?’, Jongin showed his thumb with chocolate on it.

 

‘Y-Yah.’, Kyungsoo stuttered as warmth crept up his face.

 

‘And…you’re welcome.’, Jongin said with a charming smile, and walked away leaving Kyungsoo behind but stopped. He turned around and walked towards Kyungsoo and reached out for Kyungsoo’s hands. He looked at their hands, now together and said with a smile ‘Wouldn’t want you to run into another cyclist.’ before walking towards his car.

 

 

 

 

 


Hello! ^^ Happy New Year dear subscribers and readers^^ I hope you like this chapter :D Comment and subscribe~^^ p.s Do you mind commenting something or anything if you're from Malaysia?