WHEN YOU THOUGHT THINGS WERE GOING YOUR WAY...

It's You

‘I can do this at my own desk!’, Kyungsoo grumbled and tried to wriggle his wrist off Jongin’s grasp.

 

‘Shh. My coffee table is bigger than your desk.’, Jongin shushed the elder by putting his index finger on Kyungsoo’s lips, another hand still gripping Kyungsoo’s wrist.

 

That morning, Jongin had insisted that Kyungsoo do all the typing and documentation in his office to avoid a certain someone.

 

Kyungsoo swatted Jongin’s fingers and said, ‘Then you should’ve bought us desks that are bigger than your coffee table.’

 

‘Alright, I will! So will you please sit down.’

 

‘I really don’t know why you’re doing this.’, Kyungsoo pulled his hands away from Jongin’s grasp and walked past Jongin and sat on the sofa. Jongin heard Kyungsoo turning on his laptop, he grinned and mouthed ‘Yes!’

 

‘I’m saving you a trip to my office. I mean after you’re done with that, you’ll eventually have to let me sign that so you won’t have to walk to my office again after leaving.’, Jongin took a seat beside Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo scoffs in response but said nothing and continued typing, ignoring Jongin. The younger’s gaze lingered longer than usual . Kyungsoo likes you too. You’re jealous. Yixing’s words kept racing through Jongin’s mind and Kyungsoo felt a hole boring through his right cheek. He turned to Jongin, a faint blush on his cheeks and asked, ‘W-What?’

 

‘Nothing. Do you want to have lunch together?’, Jongin asked, his eyes still on Kyungsoo.

 

‘O-Okay…I will so stop looking at me.’, Kyungsoo diverted his attention back to the laptop screen, his heart skipped a beat when he heard ‘together’. Focus, Kyungsoo! Focus!

 

Jongin smiled and walked to his desk. Both hands supporting his chin, he looked at Kyungsoo typing the documents.

 

‘YAH! Don’t look at me!’, Kyungsoo took the papers and hid his face so that Jongin would stop staring at him but Jongin laughed out loud.

 

‘This moron.’, Kyungsoo muttered and got up from the sofa and marched right up to Jongin as he rolled up the papers in his hand.

 

‘What are you-ah!’, Jongin scowled when Kyungsoo hit his head with the roll. ‘Yah! Why did you hit me?!’

 

‘I didn’t even hit you. I just…tapped your head. Pfft, and it wasn’t that hard.’, Kyungsoo countered.

 

‘Aish. Just do your work. I want it in one hour time.’

 

‘Wimp.’, Kyungsoo smirked before he turned around but Jongin heard it. He turned his armchair, lifted both legs and trapped Kyungsoo. He then pulled Kyungsoo and the elder fell on his lap.

 

‘Jongin!’, Kyungsoo tried to stand up but Jongin grabbed both his arms and said in a low voice ‘I heard that.’

 

Annoyed, Kyungsoo turned around only to find his face few inches apart from Jongin’s face. ‘I’m stronger than you think. You-oof!’, Kyungsoo elbowed Jongin’s stomach leaving the younger in pain.

 

‘I’m afraid not. Wimp.’, Kyungsoo smiled and walked away. Jongin on the other hand thought he was being possessed or something because instead of yelling, he smiled and he didn’t mind being physically hurt because of Kyungsoo. Love sure is crazy.

 

At a restaurant nearby…

 

‘Do you like anybody?’, Jongin blurted causing Kyungsoo to choke on his orange juice. Kyungsoo coughed so badly that people started looking at their table and Jongin quickly handed him a napkin, one that Kyungsoo snatched from Jongin and covered his face which was turning red.

 

Once Kyungsoo calmed down, he gulped down a glass of water. ‘What kind of question is that?!’

 

‘A…normal question?’, Jongin raised his brow. ‘Are you going to answer it?’

 

‘Kyungsoo kept quiet and avoided eye contact with Jongin as Jongin eyes him. ‘Well?’, Jongin asked.

 

‘Th-There is someone I like.’, Kyungsoo’s voice getting inaudible at the very end.

 

‘Oh.’. Images of Kyungsoo and Yunchan flooded his mind and Jongin’s face was pictured with annoyance. Kyungsoo likes me. As if.

 

‘How do you know Yunchan?’, Jongin asked, folding his arms.

 

‘He was university junior and we were in the same course.’, Kyungsoo replied and Jongin nodded his head.

 

‘Did you two had anything during your university years?’

 

‘Wh- no. And why does it look like I’m being interrogated here? Let me ask you something, Kim Jongin. I heard you were a dance tutor back then.’, Kyungsoo said, his face serious.

 

Jongin widened his eyes and looked at Kyungsoo. ‘Wha-How did you find out?’, Jongin spluttered. Kyungsoo’s lips slightly tugged upwards but this was a serious situation. He didn’t want to blow this chance to find out what Jongin was hiding all those years.

 

‘I have my ways.’, Kyungsoo cleared his throat, trying his best to look and sound serious. ‘ Now tell me about this dance tutor thing.’

 

‘I shall not. And please. I do not want to be reminded of the past.’

 

‘But Jongin…it happened many years back and I just-’

 

‘Please Kyungsoo…I’m not ready yet.’, Jongin said wearily as he closes his eyes. Kyungsoo couldn’t say anything but to feel disappointed. Not entirely disappointed but he was curious, upset and frustrated. His feelings were tangled up.

 

On the way back to the office, they met Yunchan at the hallway.

 

‘CEO Kim! Sunbae!’

 

‘Hi, Yunchan.’, Kyungsoo smiled and Jongin nodded his head.

 

‘CEO Kim. I’m Park Yunchan. Do remember the dancing academy? You tutored me once before the semi-finals.’

 

Jongin was about to answer but stopped when he suddenly remembered what Kyungsoo told him. “I have my ways.” And he turned to Kyungsoo with a smug smile. Kyungsoo shut his eyes and pressed his lips. He got caught and turned to Jongin, laughing awkwardly. Damn it!

 

Jongin scoffed and muttered ‘Some ways you got there.’ and Kyungsoo gritted his teeth.

 

‘Did I say something wrong?’, Yunchan asked, puzzled by the two.

 

‘No. It’s been so long so I can’t remember. Sorry.’, Jongin apologized.

 

‘No, don’t be, sir. Err… I should get back to the hall. Mr. Huang doesn’t like people who are late. Excuse me. Bye, sunbae.’, Yunchan bowed and gave a small wave to Kyungsoo.

 

‘Bye. See you around.’, Kyungsoo smiled.

 

‘I have my ways.’, Jongin mimicked Kyungsoo’s attempted serious look and tone.

 

‘Aish.’, Kyungsoo quickly walked back to the office, leaving a laughing Jongin.

 

Once the office door closed, Jongin blocked Kyungsoo by extending his arm until his palm touched the wall, startling Kyungsoo.

 

Jongin leaned towards Kyungsoo and stopped at Kyungsoo’s ear (which is now red) and whispered with a smirk ‘Your shoelace came off.’

 

Kyungsoo immediately looked down to find his left shoelace undone. He groaned in embarrassment causing Jongin to laugh. Kyungsoo was about to bend down to tie his shoelace but Jongin stopped him. The younger kneeled down on one leg and tied Kyungsoo’s shoelace. He tugged it tightly and stood up and said ‘Don’t want you to fall for someone else.’ before walking to his desk, leaving a flustered Kyungsoo.

 

*****

 

‘Hey, can you help me print these samples and file them, please? I have a sudden meeting with the Design team and you know what Mr. Choi is like.’, Mr. Huang stopped by Kyungsoo’s desk, his hair messy and there were visible dark circles below his eyes as though someone had punched him in the eye.

 

‘Sure.’, Kyungsoo took the USB from Mr. Huang. He was about to leave the office when Kyungsoo called him.

 

‘Yeah?’, Mr. Huang turned around and Kyungsoo mouthed ‘Your hair.’

 

Mr. Huang looked at the glass door and let out a high pitched gasp. He quickly brushed his hair and quickly walked away, muttering something about Mr. Choi.  Kyungsoo could only shake his head and sigh in sympathy. Honestly, Mr. Huang is a good team leader and a very nice person in Kyungsoo’s opinion and in almost everybody’s opinion. He’s been so busy with the fashion event and the Design team was giving a rather difficult time by rushing him into everything. Kyungsoo and the other team members have been helping him but the end seemed to be so far away. Kyungsoo would stay up till late at night to help the team and Yunchan helped him a lot too.

 

Kyungsoo was done with the samples and he pushed the blade to the side and started filing the samples. He was about to stand up and the tip of the blade grazed his hand and it started bleeding.

 

‘Ah.’, Kyungsoo let out a small sigh and started wiping the blood off with tissues when Yunchan passed by his desk.

 

‘Sunbae!’, Yunchan took Kyungsoo’s hand. ‘What happened?’

 

‘I got cut by accident. Nothing big, Yunchan. Don’t worry.’, Kyungsoo said and pulled his hand away.

 

‘What do you mean nothing big? It’s still bleeding. I’ll take you the nurse room.’, Yunchan said seriously and grabbed Kyungsoo by the wrist and pulled Kyungsoo out of the office.

 

‘There’s no one around.’, Yunchan entered the nurse room and looked around. ‘Sit down, sunbae. I’ll look for the first aid kit.’, Yunchan said as he searched the drawers while Kyungsoo sat on the edge of the sickbed.

 

Yunchan took a seat next to Kyungsoo and took out the alcohol swap and dabbed it softly on the cut on Kyungsoo’s hand. ‘You should really be careful, sunbae.’, Yunchan said as Kyungsoo winced at the pain.

 

‘Thanks, Yunchan.’, Kyungsoo said as Yunchan applied some ointment on the cut.

 

‘No problem, sunbae. Be careful.’, Yunchan smiled, still holding Kyungsoo’s hand and Kyungsoo just smiled back.

 

The two of them walked back to the office when Jongin walked out from the secretary’s office.

 

Jongin froze when he saw Kyungsoo and Yunchan together. Again.

 

‘Where were you?’, Jongin looked at Kyungsoo in the eyes and Kyungsoo wondered why did Jongin’s expression and tone changed.

 

‘I…’

 

‘We were at the nurse room. He got a cut in the hand by accident and I took him to the nurse room to clean it.’, Yunchan explained.

 

‘Oh.’, Jongin gave them a cold stare and Kyungsoo suddenly felt uncomfortable when his eyes met Jongin’s.

 

Jongin walked away before Kyungsoo could say anything and he turned to look at the walking figure who disappeared down the stairs. Jongin?

 

*****

 

That night, Kyungsoo tossed and turned around the bed. He couldn’t sleep when Jongin’s cold and piercing gaze kept appearing in his mind. Did he misunderstood the whole situation?

 

‘Should I explain to him?’, Kyungsoo mumbled. ‘But did I do anything wrong?’, Kyungsoo got up and ruffled his hair in frustration. What am I going to do?

 

Kyungsoo thought about what happened a few days ago…

 

Kyungsoo was reviewing the documents for the fashion show that the company will be holding in two weeks time. Kyungsoo yawned as he typed the reviews of their latest spring line that will be launched at the event. His phone vibrated, interrupting his typing. Who could that be at this time? He swiped the screen of his phone and tapped the message icon.

 

From: Brat

 

You sleeping?

 

Kyungsoo stared at the message for a few seconds and typed…

 

From: Brat

 

I was until you woke me up. Go to sleep, Jongin.

 

…and sent it. What is he up to now? He pushed his phone aside and continued his work. Kyungsoo checked his phone again when two minutes passed. Did he really sleep? When he was about to continue his typing, his phone vibrated.

 

From: Brat

 

Goodnight :) See you tomorrow. And don’t review the documents so late at night!

 

Kyungsoo read the message and his face left his phone screen and he looked around his apartment. What the…did he installed cameras here? How did Jongin knew he was reviewing the documents at this hour.

 

Kyungsoo blushed at the thought of Jongin sending him a smiley and tightened his grasp at the edge of his pillow. He was determined to explain things to Jongin tomorrow.

 

 

The next day…

 

‘Good work.’, Jongin said as he passed the file to Kyungsoo once he checked the samples. Kyungsoo took the file and remained rooted at his position.

 

‘What’s wrong? Aren’t you leaving?’, Jongin asked, looking at Kyungsoo. The elder bit his lips and fiddled his fingers. Should I tell him?

 

‘Uhh…about yesterday…are you mad?’, Kyungsoo asked warily.

 

‘Oh, that. No, I’m not.’, Jongin said, his voice icy. Yes, I am mad. But not at you.

 

Kyungsoo knew Jongin was lying but he decided to keep quiet. He forced himself to smile and said, ‘That’s a relief, Jongin. It was an accident. Don’t worry. We didn’t do anything.’

 

Jongin lifted his face and stared at Kyungsoo in the eye, ‘Did I say I was worried? You may leave now.’. Jongin’s office was suddenly stuffy and awkward. Kyungsoo felt a pang in his heart when Jongin looked down and continued his work.

 

Kyungsoo’s lips was trembling and his eyes were misty. He turned away and walked out from the office. This was not what he expected. Once he closed the door, he leaned against it. Kyungsoo knew he was falling for Jongin. He’s falling hard for that brat. That brat that made him clean his office on his first day, do unnecessary errands and constantly making fun of him. He wants to find a way out from this mess he got into and he’s been failing terribly at it. Now Jongin’s mad at him for some unknown reason and Kyungsoo decided to avoid Jongin for the time being.

 

Kyungsoo gave brief responses to Jongin and only came to his office when he was called or when he needed to get Jongin’s signature or approval for the documents. Kyungsoo knew he did nothing wrong and wanted to explain for himself but Jongin was still mad at him and he thought maybe this was the best for the two of them. Going back to first time they met at Jongin’s company.

 

Cold and unfriendly.

 

 ‘What did you do this time?’, Yixing asked, shaking his head at the pitiful sight before him.

 

‘Kyungsoo’s avoiding me and I feel like .’, Jongin let out a choking sound.

 

‘Why is he avoiding you and why do feel like ?’

 

‘I saw him and Yunchan again. Kyungsoo’s hand got cut by accident and Yunchan treated his cut.’

 

‘Ahh…you’re jealous?’

 

‘No, hyung. I’m not jealous. It’s just that I’m mad at myself because I wasn’t there for Kyungsoo whenever he needs it and I’ve been a complete jerk to him these days. I keep saying things that I don’t even mean.’

 

‘You’re really ty, Jongin. And you are jealous.’, Yixing said and Jongin glared at him, giving him the you’re-not-helping look and Yixing gave him the yes-you-are-ty look.

 

‘Hyunggg, what am I going to do?’, Jongin said in despair.

 

‘Since you’ve been a total jerk to Kyungsoo, talk to him and give him the chance to explain himself. We both know that Kyungsoo did nothing wrong.’

 

Jongin said nothing and stared at his blueberry crepe with whipped cream on the top. It was his favourite dessert at Suho’s café but suddenly dessert doesn’t look appetizing now.

 

 

 

 

 


So sorry!!!!!!!!!!!! So so so sorry for the super late update TT Thank you for still reading this story, dear subscribers, silent readers and others. TT Hope you like this chapter. I rushed it because I was busy with work TT Sorry! TT

*Anyone watching Moorim School because the casts are all baes <3

*Anyone want attending #ExoluXioninMalaysia??? Hope to meet you guys there ^^

*Once again, I'm so sorry for the really late update. TT Forgive me TT