PERSONAL SPACE

It's You

Working at KIM CORPORATIONS was fun and interesting for Kyungsoo. It was a very busy company and there were many fashion projects. Foreign investors coming to the company and listening to them talk in different language made Kyungsoo wanted to learn foreign language especially French. Designs from Paris and Italy were extremely intriguing and exciting. It was no doubt that Jongin was the president of the company with his good sense of fashion and style (which Kyungsoo hated to admit it).

 

That morning, Kyungsoo entered the building and headed to the secretary’s department. He was extra early that day because there will be foreign investors coming today. He switched on the lights and went to his desks. He opened his drawer and looked for some files and suddenly, he heard soft footsteps along the hall and it stopped. It was only 6:30am and there shouldn’t be anyone around because working time starts at 9am. Kyungsoo gulped and walked slowly towards the switches. Maybe I should’ve switched on all the lights. He peeped at the hallway and it was dark. Hmm, probably it’s my ima-

 

‘What are you doing here?’, a voice said from his back.

 

‘AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH’, Kyungsoo shouted, his whole body trembling.

 

‘Ouch, too loud.’, Jongin squeezed his eyes and covered his ears.

 

Kyungsoo turned around and saw Jongin. He shouted ‘JONGIN! WHAT IS YOUR IDEA  OF SNEAKING BEHIND ME AND SCARING THE OUT OF ME?!’

 

‘Shut up and stop screaming. Do you want my ears to fall of my head today?!’, Jongin hissed.

 

Kyungsoo tried to calm himself down. Breathe in and out, Kyungsoo. In and out.

 

Jongin stepped forward, his face with an unreadable expression causing Kyungsoo to fumble  backwards. Jongin kept moving forward while poor Kyungsoo was stepping backwards. He panicked when his back touched the wall and Jongin leaned in until their faces were a few inches apart. Kyungsoo’s face felt warm and his palm was sweaty. His heartbeat was irregular and Kyungsoo wondered what was this new feeling.

 

‘What are you doing here so early in the morning?’, Jongin questioned him. Kyungsoo could feel Jongin’s hot breath on his face and it smelled like mint.

 

Kyungsoo stammered ‘I-I-I… none of your business!’, Kyungsoo pushed Jongin aside. Jongin looked at the elder in disbelief.

 

‘Yah! Did you just push me?’, Jongin asked with wide eyes.

 

‘Yes because I believe in personal space. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have something to do’, Kyungsoo answered quickly and walked past Jongin. Meanwhile, Jongin stood at his position for a few minutes, trying to process what was happening. Kyungsoo touched his face then his chest. It was a weird sensation and Kyungsoo does not like it one bit at all.

 

*****

 

‘Thank you for your invesments in KIM CORPORATIONS. You will not regret your decision’, Jongin thanked the investors. Jongin and Mr. Nam went back to the office.

 

Kyungsoo was looking very down, doing some paperworks at his desk as Jongin walked past his desk. Upon entering his office, Jongin sat down on his armchair and rested his head backwards. Pleasing investors has never been an easy job and it was tiring. The fashion project was very important because Jongin wanted the company to enter the western market. He turned and looked outside his office from the wide glass window and saw Kyungsoo writing some reports with a rather long face. Is he still mad about this morning? Jongin called for Kyungsoo. The elder entered the office.

 

‘Call Park Enterprise and tell them to cancel my meeting for tomorrow’s meeting’

 

‘Hmm’ Kyungsoo hummed and jotted down the instructions.

 

‘Tell Planning team to send their report by today’

 

‘Hmm’

 

‘Eat wasabi for your lunch’

 

‘Hm-huh?’, Kyungsoo looked up and gave Jongin a confused look.

 

‘Oh good. You were paying attention.’

 

‘Tsk. Very funny. Is there anything else you want me to do?’

 

‘No.’

 

‘I’ll start right away’, Kyungsoo said. He walked towards the office door and Jongin stopped him. He turned around. ‘Sorry for invading your personal space this morning’, Jongin apologized, pulling the back of his neck. Kyungsoo mumbled softly before leaving his office. What reaction was that? Sorry isn’t enough?

 

Working time was over and Kyungsoo was packing his bag before leaving his desk. Mr. Huang spotted him and went up to him.

 

‘So Mr.Do, how does it feel being the personal secretary for the president? Do you feel tensed? Burdened? Worried?’, Mr. Huang asked.

 

‘No, sir. It’s…normal. I guess.’, Kyungsoo replied.

 

‘Woah wait. Normal? You’re the first personal secretary to actually say that. Are you sure you’re not hiding anything?’

 

‘Uhh, no, sir.’

 

Mr. Huang looked at Kyungsoo in disbelief. ‘Did you know that you’re the longest personal secretary that has ever worked for President Kim?’, Mr. Huang told him.

 

‘Really?’, Kyungsoo asked.

 

‘Yes’, another female colleague said, popping next to Mr. Huang out of nowhere.

 

‘Aish! Miss Jia! Don’t do that again! It’s not healthy for my heart!’, Mr. Huang said, still shocked.

 

Miss Jia could only laugh and said ‘It is healthy for me to see you like this but that’s not the main point. The main point is you, Mr. Do is the only personal secretary to work under our boss for more than two weeks. Congratulations.’

 

‘Huh?’, Kyungsoo asked, still puzzled.

 

‘Let me explain, Mr.Do. The first secretary got fired because he bought jajjangmyeon for our boss without sweet and sour pork. The second one was  because he didn’t pick up his phone within 3 seconds and the third one was because she mistyped size XS instead of S on one of the reports and the fourth one…’ she stopped and sighed ‘…she bought him hot coffee instead of a cold one.’. The moment Miss Jia said that, Kyungsoo decided Jongin may be the dumbest person on earth.

 

‘Those poor things couldn’t last for one week.’, Mr. Huang sighed and shook his head.

 

‘So it’s amazing of you to stay for more than two weeks. You must be really good at your job. Keep it up Mr. Do!’, Miss Jia said before leaving the two of them.

 

‘Is it true, Mr. Huang?’, Kyungsoo asked and Mr. Huang nodded his head.

 

*****

 

‘Yah!’

 

Kyungsoo turned around and saw Jongin waiting by his black Audi R8. Kyungsoo turned around and turned back to Jongin and pointed at himself. ‘Me?’, Kyungsoo mouthed and Jongin nodded his head. Kungsoo walked towards Jongin.

 

‘What do you want?’, Kyungsoo asked.

 

‘Is that how you greet your superiors?’, Jongin asked.

 

‘Well, we’re technically out from the building and working time is over. So you are not my superior now. And I’m your hyung too. Do you 'Yah!' at your hyung?’, Kyungsoo said, giving a nasty look.

 

Jongin snorted. ‘Anyway, you...have you eaten dinner?’, Jongin asked.

 

‘No…I was about to go home and cook-’

 

‘Let’s go out for dinner. My treat.’, Jongin cut off Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin and hesitated. Should I?

 

‘Your treat huh?’

 

‘Yes.’, Jongin said with a smile. Kyungsoo’ s heart skipped a beat when he saw Jongin smiling. Jongin opened the car door and looked at the elder.

 

‘Well?’, Jongin asked.

 

‘I’m ordering the most expensive dish.’, Kyungsoo said and entered the car. Jongin let out a small chuckle. Cute.

 

At the restaurant…

 

‘Really Kyungsoo?’, Jongin stared at the amount of food Kyungsoo ordered. Kyungsoo had ordered an eggplant pancake for appetizer, sauteed lobster and chicken salad for the main course while Jongin ordered a prawn olio spaghetti.

 

‘Really’, Kyungsoo said who just finished an entire lobster by himself and now munching on his chicken salad. ‘Is there anything wrong?’, Kyungsoo continued asking, popping another cherry tomato in his mouth.

 

‘No…but…’, Jongin was at a loss for words.

 

‘But what? I told you I’ll order the most expensive dish.’

 

‘Dishes.’, Jongin corrected him and Kyungsoo ignored the younger.

 

‘Anyway, why are you treating me to dinner? Did I do anything wrong? Are you going to fire me? I-’,

 

‘Woah woah woah. Calm down princess.’, Jongin cut off the elder.

 

‘Wha- princess?’, Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes.

 

‘Yes princess. And I’m not firing you.’

 

‘Then?’

 

Jongin cleared his throat, ‘It’s my way of apologizing.’

 

‘Apologizing? For?’

 

‘Yeah…for invading your personal space this morning.’, Jongin continued, pulling the back of his neck.

 

‘Oh…’, Kyungsoo said, ears turning red when images of Jongin being so close to him flooded his mind.

 

‘Are you okay? Your ear is kinda red.’, Jongin asked. ‘Should I ask for water?’

 

‘No. Uhh, I’m fine…’, Kyungsoo continued eating his chicken salad.

 

Jongin didn’t say anything and continued looking at the elder eating.

 

‘Hey Jongin.’, Kyungsoo looked at Jongin.

 

‘Yeah?’, Jongin responded.

 

‘This is your treat right?’

 

‘Uhh yes. Why?’, Jongin eyed Kyungsoo curiously.

 

‘Good cause there’s still room for dessert.’, Kyungsoo said and looked at the menu. Jongin stared at the elder. Unbelievable.

 

 

 

 


Hey guys! Sorry it took me a few days to post this chapter TT I won't be posting the next chapter for a few days cause something came up. So sorry TT I hope you enjoy this chapter. Comment and subscribe^^ Thank you! :) *deep bow*