Chapter 8

My Enemy’s Enemy is my friend

It takes less than 10 minutes to finish the easy puzzle. It wouldn’t have taken as long if Chanyeol hadn’t been messing around, hiding pieces, and switching pieces around when Mina was distracted. Normally Mina would have found Chanyeol’s actions annoying, but strangely Mina found it amusing.

Chanyeol insisted on walking Mina back to the bus stop, while showing her the quickest route to the house. Mina saw her bus approaching so she readies herself, taking out her bus pass before she turned to face the giant besides her.

“Thank you for inviting me.” Mina says sincerely with a small smile, as she wasn’t used to saying that to the enemy.

“It’s a pleasure!” Chanyeol says with a grin. “Bring one of your own puzzles next time.” He says as Mina gets onto the bus. She turns around shocked but before she could say or do anything the bus doors closes and starts driving away as Mina looks back at him shocked. Mina snaps back to reality when she nearly topples over because of the bus’s shaky movements, she grabs a seat at the back of the bus and stares blankly at the empty bus. She wasn’t expecting there to be a next time, but somehow she was happy that there was. Mina smiles as she closes her eyes to rest for the ride back home.

Mina is bombarded by questions by Minji when she gets back home. She gives her sister little satisfaction when she keeps her face expressionless and gives vague answers. Minji eventually gives and goes to exchange different theories with their mom who was excitedly thinking of names for her grandchild. Mina rolls her eyes as she walks to her bedroom, she goes to her drawer where she kept all her puzzles that she had collected over time. She shuffled through them, thinking about which one Chanyeol might like. Mina’s hand pauses as she realized what she just thought. Why should she care which one Chanyeol might like? Mina tells herself as she grabs the puzzle closest to her hand and stuffs it in her work bag just in case Chanyeol calls her over on short notice. Mina realized that it wasn’t necessary because Chanyeol had already sent her a message, asking for her to come over the next day. Mina caught herself smiling, what are you smiling for? This is because of a deal! A deal with the enemy none the less! Mina scolded herself before she went to get ready for bed.

Chanyeol stares blankly at the thousands of different puzzle pieces scattered all over his coffee table. He doesn’t even know where to start! He glances over at the girl next to him and smiles when he sees her face focused, her eyes scanning the different puzzle pieces. He continues to stare in amazement when he sees that she already had a small part of the puzzle completed.

“Are you going to keep staring at me or are you going to help.” Mina speaks suddenly breaking the comfortable silence.

“I’ll help.” Chanyeol says quickly, flustered that he got caught staring. He grabs a random piece but then puts it down as he grabbed another piece and another as he tried to squish them together. Mina watches the giant try to squeeze the two pieces together from the corner of her eye and tries to stifle a laugh as she watched Chanyeol’s eyebrows squish together in frustration. She averts her eyes when Chanyeol gets up suddenly. "I give up!!!" He leaves the room and disappears for a few minutes before he returns with his laptop and other musical equipment in tow. Mina turns her attention back to her puzzle as Chanyeol puts on a set of headphones as he sets of the equipment. Mina sneaks peeks at Chanyeol who had become absorbed in whatever he was doing. Mina looks up again when she meets Chanyeol’s smiling eyes, she quickly averts he eyes.

“What are you doing?” She asks.

“Do you want to listen?” Chanyeol asks as he holds out the headphones he had on a few moments ago. Mina nods as she goes over to Chanyeol, she takes the headphones as is a little surprised when she hears smooth low tone wash over her ears. Mina closes her eyes enjoying the way the music was relaxing yet upbeat. Mina opens her eyes as the song comes to an end.  “That was amazing!” She says as she places the headphones back into Chanyeol’s large hands. “Who composed that?”

Chanyeol grins, “I’m glad you like my composition.”

Mina’s eyes widen, “Really???”

Chanyeol’s grin widens. “Yeji was right when she told me you lived under a rock.”

Mina rolls her eyes at the mention of her trendy friend. “What else did you write?”

“Just a little here and there…” Chanyeol says shifting though a long list of different song. “Here, listen to this one; it was the first on that was published.”He says as he hands the headphones back to her.

Mina listens to the songs, closing her eyes as she enjoys the melody with sweet vocals, her eyes open when she hears a familiar deep voice. “It’s your voice!” Mina says excitedly, her brain remembered what Yeji had mentioned before… “You’re a wrapper!”

Chanyeol doubles over with laughter almost hitting his head on the table.

“What! Am I wrong?” Mina asks a she feel a flush creeping up her face.

“Mina, it’s a rapper!” Chanyeol says as he catches his breathe.

“Same thing!” Mina says, sulking that Chanyeol found it so funny.

Chanyeol continues to chuckle. Mina juts her lower lip out. “What is it called?” She asks hoping to distract the shaking figure next to her.

“Promise.” Chanyeol manages to say between his chuckling. “It was written by me and another member.”

Mina nods enjoying the song. As the song comes to an end Chanyeol speaks up.

“Mina,” Chanyeol says suddenly feeling a little nervous. “Remember when I told you about the maknae, Sehun?”

Mina nods vaguely remembering the conversation from last night.

“Well…” Chanyeol says hesitantly.

“Just say it…’ Mina asks suddenly scared.

“He wants to meet you.” Chanyeol says quickly with his eyes on Mina gauging the situation.

“What the problem with that?” Mina says relieved but pauses when she see that her relief was not reflected in Chanyeol’s eyes. Chanyeol remains silent as he tries to formulate a response.

Mina caught on, “He is an enemy?”

“NO! Well yes, but no...” Chanyeol says flustered. Mina looks at him with a raised eyebrow, waiting for him to explain.

“Well, he is supposed to be the visual in the group… but he’s really a nice guy once you get to know him!” Chanyeol says quickly as the words tumbled out of his mouth. Chanyeol glances up at gauge how Mina was taking this. He knew she had a problem with the enemy, Chanyeol bit his lip. “You know what, nev-“Chanyeol began to say.

“Ok.” Mina says smiling a little at Chanyeol, “You’re going to be there too right?”

Chanyeol nods, “And Sehun’s girlfriend.”

Mina relaxes, knowing that Chanyeol was going to be there made her feel reassured, plus there will be another girl there!

Chanyeol grins, “I can’t wait to tell them!”


Author Note: Hello! I guess next week's chapter is more for the few people who have read my other fic, Man in My dreams. XD