Chapter 20

My Enemy’s Enemy is my friend

Mina doesn’t know how much time had passed since they left, but mina sat down on a wooden bench that barely remained upright, moisture seeped though the white layers of her dress, causing her to shiver when Hosung stormed back in and with Chanyeol and another person in tow.

“There were just so many cars on the way here so it took very long.” the stranger says, Mina guesses that it’s the pastor.

“We just need this marriage to be official as soon as possible.” Hosung says through clenched teeth.

The pastor started out the typical opening, and slowly progresses to the vows, the whole time he spoke, Mina was looking for a time, to interject, to tell the pastor what was going on, but the pastor left little time for interruptions.”

“Have you prepared individualized vows?”

“We will be skipping the vows for now.” He says with a tight smile, too stretched across his face to look sincere.

“Of Course.” The pastor says as he swiftly moves along to the important questions.

“Do you, Kang Hosung, take Lim Mina to be your wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part.”

“I do.” Hosung says, looking into Mina’s eyes.

Mina’s heart starts pounding as it was her turn, her time to finally to speak, her time to stop this farce, but her heart drops when she hears what the Pastor says next.

“I believe the bride has lost her voice and we will take her silence as agreement to the marriage and move on.”

Mina’s heart drops, she missed her chance to stop the all, and she looked on hopelessly as the pastor formed the words that will seal her fate.

“I now pro-“ The pastor’s voice was cut off by the sound of sirens getting closer and closer. Hosung’s eyes widen as he drops Mina’s hand which she didn’t even realize he was holding. He looks at Mina with hateful eyes as he wordlessly bolts through a side door of the church and into the bushes. The confused Pastor runs out the front of the church, and stops when the siren stops right in front of him, narrowly missing him.

“I don’t know anything!” Is all that he kept repeating adn the police officer cuffed him and others ran in Hosung’s direction? In the confusion Mina didn’t see Chanyeol disappear she turns around looking for him when three policemen run down the aisle toward Mina.

“Are you Miss Lim Mina?” One of the police officers ask as he wraps a blanket around her even though she wasn’t cold, that was when she realized she was shaking.

“Yes.” Mina says as relief washes over her, “I’m Lim Mina.” She says grateful that she could still call herself by her family name, Lim.

“Miss Lim, I would like you to please stay here while we try to find the suspect.” Another says as they walk towards the exit.

“Where is Chanyeol?” She manages to blurt out.

“I’m here…” Chanyeol says as he slips in through one of the door.

Mina feels her knees weaken; the hunger finally getting to her after the effects of the adrenaline in her body starts to dissipate. Chanyeol barely makes it in time, causing the two of them to collapse into a ball of white material.

“Where did you go?” Mina asks.

“I tried to follow Hosung, but the police told me to come back here.” Chanyeol says with a chuckle as the pushed the white fabric away.

“I see, luckily they came on time.”

“I am so thankful for the local that had the sense to report bringing me to Hosung’s house. Or else you might just get married to that jerk.”

Mina laughs.

“Should we go?” Chanyeol asks, and Mina just nods in reply.

“Can you stand?” he says as he gets up stretching out a hand.

“I’ll try…” She says as she almost falls down again if not for Chanyeol catching her arm. He swiftly pulls her up into her arms and slowly walks down the aisle. Chanyeol brings her to the ambulance where they check for injuries, but there were only minor scratches and her wrists were tender. She felt a lot better after they gave her fluid and she felt steady enough to walk, but Chanyeol insisted on carrying her the distance to the car.

“Please say something.” Mina says after a few seconds of silence.

“What should I say?” Chanyeol says.

‘Anything, I just want to listen to your voice.”

Chanyeol falls silent for a few seconds, his eyes clouding over. Mina nudges his chest, causing his to burst out in a nervous chuckle as brightness returned to his eyes. “Well, I met this girl once, totally by chance. There was something in her eyes that made me think that she was different. I wanted to know her story, and by some of luck, I met her again in an unusually circumstance. We got closer but then one day she disappeared on me, no reasons given. I didn’t even get a chance to tell her I love her.” He pauses as he feels Mina stiffen in his arms.

“What … What did you say?

“Ah~ Today’s weather is cold.” He says with a shaky voice, trying to chan


ge the subject.

“YAH! Park Chanyeol what did you say?” When Chanyeol doesn’t respond, Mina tries to get down from his arms.

Chanyeol panics, “I love you, Ok?”

Mina stops struggling as tears started slipping down her face, her beliefs that had held her back slowly breaking leaking the emotions that she had kept hidden.

“What’s wrong?” Chanyeol asks concerned by the tear he is unable to brush away. “Are you hurt? Should we go back to the ambulance?”

Mina shakes her head softly and she takes chanyeol’s face in her hands, forcing him to look at him.

“I love you.” Mina says as a smile slowly spread on her lips.

Chanyeol stops walking. “You love me?”

Mina blushes, too embarrassed to have said those words, but she manages to nod. Chanyeol smiles slowly, as if coming out from a frozen state, smiling Mina’s favorite smile. Chanyeol starts walking again, a new found bounce in his step.

“Let’s go home!” Chanyeol says smiling even wider.

Mina returns the smile and reaches up to Chanyeol’s neck, pulling his ears closer as she whispers.

“I’m already home.”


END


Author Note: Hello! Another fic has been been completed! *claps. Thank you for all your support!

Please go check out my other fics if you are bored:

Man In My Dreams

On Sunny Days

The Only One I see

Keep Me Safe

Boy In My Dreams

I also have other fics coming soon so please look forward to them too:)