Chapter 2

My Enemy’s Enemy is my friend

Mina is lead to the reserved seats by a young waiter. The waiter pulls the chairs and waits for her to be seated before introducing himself. Mina told him that she would wait for her companion to arrive before she will order. The waiter then excused himself as Mina takes in her surroundings. This guy really went all out in terms of the restaurant, she hasn’t been here before but she had heard you would have to book three months in advance or else you had no chance, or else you would need contacts. Mina admires the high ceilings and the huge crystal chandelierlighting the space perfectly. Mina sighs to herself, Yeji is always says that she envy Mina’s life of blind dates, but by now it is all just something she does to keep her parents happy, She would probably do give anything to just be able to peacefully spend her time after work doing something fun. Mina checks her watch and frowns; her date is already 20 minutes late, is he not going to show? I’ll give him another ten minutes, if he doesn’t show up it will be his loss. With three minutes left, Mina starts looking forward to how she could spend her night; maybe she could finish the new puzzles she had brought some time last month. Puzzles are Mina’s stress reliever, she enjoys seeing how they fit together and in the end, comes together to form a complete picture. Mina smiles as she starts getting ready to leave, leaving a healthy tip for the waiter even though she didn’t order anything, she felt sorry for the guy. She gets up and puts on her coat.

“Going somewhere?” An unfamiliar voice sounds from behind her.

Mina’s heart sinks, there goes my night, she thinks to herself and she puts on her best business smile and turns to face the stranger. Mina unconsciously, zooms in to his face; she frowns deeply inside her mind (her business smile on full blast) and groans internally.  He is pretty good looking is Mina’s evaluation, but not even close to Chanyeol. Wait what? Mina thinks, shocking herself. Where did that come from? Why is she comparing him to Chanyeol? She shakes these thought out of her mind as she focuses her thoughts on her current problem. A low threat enemy, I can handle this, she tells herself. She looks at his clothing as she frowns yet again, he is trying to hard with all the fancy name brands, but his style is tarnishing the pride of the designers. Maybe he might be a medium level enemy(but that will have to be determined by his personality and conduct, which she will analyze later)Mina thinks as she shifts her eyes back to his face. She is surprised to see him blatantly checking her out. Mina rolls her eyes in her mind as she introduces herself.

“Hello, I’m Lim Mina, nice to meet you.” She says as she holds out her hand for a handshake.

“Nice to meet you Mina, the name’s Hosung.” He says with a smirk as he takes his hand and brings her hand to his lips.

Mina gags internally as she tries her best to resist her urge to disinfect her hands immediately. Her smile becomes a little forced as she sits back down, casually removing the tip she had left earlier, hiding the evidence that she was planning on leaving. The waiter from earlier returns and hands out the menus to the two of them, Mina thanks the waiter and he starts to ramble on about the wines available. Mina flips through the menu uninterested in the different wines, as she dislikes alcohol. Mina reaches the drink menu when she hears the enemy speak up, asking about the specific brands of wine. What was his name again she thinks to herself when she hears something disturbing.

“I’ll have a bottle ofBouchard Finlayson Galpin Peak Pinot Noir for the table, and we would like oysters as a starter, you know what just tell the chef to bring out the good stuff and don’t care about the price.” The enemy says before waving the waiter away.

Mina tries her best to not let her jaw fall off. The enemy just did two of the thing that she really hates. He ordered wine for them, and then ordered things without asking her and then lastly treating the waiter like trash. Oh wait, that is three not two mistakes. Mina tried to smile, but is finding it a bit difficult. But the enemy doesn’t seem to have noticed as he fixes his hair using the back of a spoon.

“So, tell me what do I need to know about you?” He says as he puts down the spoon.

That I hate douche like you! Mina wants to say but she bites her lip, “What do you want to know?” She finally asks.

“I heard you have a sister, heard she’s a real looker.” He says as plays with a fork.

“I do have a sister…” Mina answers stiffly, hiding how much she was fuming inside at the mention of her sister.

“I heard she’s free too?”

“Free?” Mina asks hesitantly, scared of what he would ask.

“Yeah, heard she’s single, Do you think I have a chance?” he says as he smoothes his hair over. “What do you think? Me, You, and your sis? Don’t worry I’ll let you be the first wife. ”

Mina would have slapped him right across the face if it were not for the waiter who came back with oysters and the wine. The waiter leaves after a few moments but is enough time for Mina to calm down. I just need to make it through the night, then I will never need to see him again is what Mina kept repeating in her head. Luckily the idiot enemy didn’t bring up that disgusting topic again as he gets up to pour the wine. He pours some for himself before he starts to pour some for her, but Mina stops him.

“I don’t drink.” She says politely.

“What? Really? Not at all?” He asks in disbelief. “What a party pooper!”

The enemy sits down and starts to dramatically swirling the wine in the glass and sniffing the wine continuously before he chugs down the entire glass. He then turns towards the oysters and starts slurping noisily. Mina watches feeling worse and worse about this date as time went on. This has got to be the worse date so far is what Mina thinks to herself as she watches the enemy slurp down his fifth oyster. He then sits back and lets out a burp before grabbing another oyster. The oyster is half way in his mouth when he notices that Mina had yet to touch anything.

“Why aren’t you eating? You should have some it’s good.” He says as he shoves the oyster he was in the process of eating into Mina’s face, which Mina manages to dodge.

“Sorry, I’m allergic to shellfish…” Mina says.

“Why didn’t you say so earlier? You don’t need to be shy! You should order something you like then.” He says as he signals for the waiter. Mina sighs; maybe he isn’t that horrible after all. But Mina thought to soon, as the enemy became impatient as the waiter hadn’t appeared yet and started waving his hand frantically. He was do focused he didn’t notice the waiter bringing soup from behind him. The enemy’s hand hits the waiter’s tray causing the hot liquid to spill on the floor. The waiter immediately startsapologizing even though it wasn’t his fault. He starts cleaning up immediately and Mina feeling sorry for him went over and helped him pick up the bowls and spoons. It all happened so quickly Mina didn’t notice the enemy yelling loudly.

“I want the manager here right now! Look at what this careless waiter did to my Armani blazer! How is going to compensate for this? I bet his whole year’s salary won’t even cover half of this blazer!” He yells loudly pointing to his arm. Mina rolls her eyes, it is barely a little drop of onion soup, he should be thankful that all the soup didn’t fall on him.The manager came and the enemy would stop complaining of the bad service. The manager tries his best to solve this peacefully. Having seen enough, Mina puts her hand on his arm. “They already apologized; we should just call it a night.” She whispers, wanting to just leave right now. This gets his attention as he smiles, and turns back to the manager and waiter. “You should be happy my lady wants to leave, so I’ll go easy on you.” He says with a smirk. It takes all her energy to not wipe that stupid smirk off his face, who is his lady? She almost gags. But luckily the manager and waiter are visibly relieved. They even put the oysters and wine on the house. The enemy was clearly pleased with himself as he walks out and mina follows behind him. She starts walking toward the closet bus stop when she feels a hand on her shoulder and dread fills her thoughts as she turns around.

“Hey the car is this way, I’ll give you a ride, I insist.” The enemy says. Too tired to fight it anymore she gets into the car. The enemy starts chattering noisily about the yachts and other whatnots he has. A few minutes the car stops and Mina takes a peek outside and is a bit taken aback when she see a hotel. The doorkeeper opens the door and Mina gets out.

“I thought you were bringing me home?” Mina asks as panic sets in.

“What are you talking about? Isn’t this what you wanted all along?” the enemy whispers into her ears harshly as he forces his arm around her waist.

Mina pushes him away. “I am sorry but I’m not that type of girl, Please just let me go home.”

This angers the enemy as his demeanor changes dramatically. “I spent all that money on you and now all you want is to go home?”

Mina was going to point out that he didn’t spend a dime, but decides not to aggravate the situation any more.

“I’m sorry, I’m not comfortable with this situation, and I think it would be better if I just went home.” She says as she starts walking towards a taxi. She opens the door, but it abruptly slammed shut by an angry enemy. “You will not go until I say you can.” He says as he grabs her wrist, causing her to wince as he tightened his grip.

“Please just let me go…” She says softly, tears starting to pool in her eyes. “Or else I will start screaming.” She says deciding to be brave.

“Don’t tell me what to do you bi-“He says as he lifts up his hand, preparing to strike her. With nowhere to run to all Mina can do is shut her eyes as she prepares for the pain. Which doesn’t come, instead she hears a distinct deep voice.

“A man should never call women names; much less lay their hand on women.”


Author Note: Hello! I thought I would pop in an thank you for reading and subscribing to this story... I am finally on holiday! Whoop!