Chapter 5

My Enemy’s Enemy is my friend

A few weeks have passed since that incident. Mina’s parent had approached Hosung’s parents about the incident, his parents who were deeply ashamed, apologized profusely and said that there were going to be consequences. A few days later, rumors were going around that Hosung had left to go study overseas at some fancy private institution. Thankfully the real reason for why Hosung had disappeared was never revealed. And so Mina quietly returned to the normal routine of her life.

Mina was feeling a bit under the weather recently, but it was nothing to really worry about. The only concern was that Mina would often find herself thinking about Chanyeol. Mina didn’t see Chanyeol again after that incident either and she was hoping to meet him again to at least relay her thanks.

Mina was restocking the different dental equipment; she came out of the storeroom carrying a box with different equipment. It wasn’t a lot of equipment but it heavy enough to make Mina’s hands ache as she tries to hurry to her destination. Mina tries to avoid colliding with a couple of her colleges when she heard one them say “Chanyeol.” causing Mina’s heart to skip a beat. The combination cause Mina to nearly drop the equipment but a hand reaches out to steady the box of equipment. Mina looks up, thanking the owner of the hand; she feels her smile fall a little bit as she see Chanyeol smiling down at her. “Hello again.” Mina quickly readjusted her grip on the box as Chanyeol helps her open the door of her destination, Mina sets down the box on a nearby table and turns around but finds the room empty, Chanyeol was nowhere in sight. Mina sighs as she quickly organizes the equipment before heading out and closing the door behind her. She spot a crowd of people at the end of hall once again, to her surprise she find herself walking toward the crowd, as she tries to catch a glimpse of the tall idol. But unfortunately for her, she didn’t have the experience to push through the crowd like the other seasoned veterans did and she was pushed to the peripheries. Out of the corner of her eye she spots Doctor Kim, who smiles while they make eye contact. Mina readies herself to go into the examination room, but to her surprise, Doctor Kim calls Yeji in to assist with the examination while he chased the rest of us away, telling us we were professional. Mina turn to leave disappointed, but she manages to hear Doctor Kim say something that makes Mina hopeful.

“Hello Chanyeol! I was surprised to see you here today; you weren’t scheduled for another two months.”

Upon hearing this Mina couldn’t help but hope that maybe Chanyeol had come to see her. Mina! You shouldn’t be thinking about the enemy in this way! She mentally scolds herself as she goes to do the next thing on her agenda; organizing the patient files at the front counter. She organizes the files, when she finds that one patient’s file was missing, so she decides to go to the back to look for the file. The shelves are made so that you will be able to see out to the reception area despite being out of sight to the patients in the waiting area. Mina jumps a little when she sees Chanyeol appear with Yeji, the two of the laughing together. Mina frowns, a weird feeling gripping her heart as she watched Yeji hand Chanyeol his receipt. She watches Chanyeol leave, staring intensely, studying his movements. “MINA! Hurry up with the file.” Mina mentally scolds herself as she quickly grabs the file before handing it to the person at the front desk. Mina’s face is burning in shame as she quickly runs off to do other thing. Mina was so focused on running away she missed seeing how Chanyeol had spun around at the sound of her name, and smiles at her back as she ran down the hallway.

Yeji loops her arm into Mina’s as the two go get lunch as a local family restaurant. Yeji frowns as Mina doesn’t respond like she normally does, but decided to shake it off as she updates Mina on her session with Chanyeol.

“He is so good looking! I couldn’t believe how much better he looks in real life. I swear he was just made differently. I mean how it is possible that he has such a nice personality. He is so nice and funny!-” Mina decided to block her out, she didn’t want here what Yeji had to say about Chanyeol, it made her feel sick. Maybe I am getting sick, Mina thinks to herself.

“… MINA!” Yeji yells. “What?” Mina says shocked out of her thoughts.

“I was asking you what you want to eat…” Yeji explains pointing at the menu.

“Oh sorry…” Mina says as she quickly looks at the menu and orders something random, as she didn’t have much of an appetite.

“You have been spacing out ever since this morning! Are you ok?”

“I think I may be getting sick…”

“Do you want to go home?” Yeji asks, concerned.

“Nah its ok, you were telling me…?” Mina says brushing it off.

“Oh yeah! Did you know he asked about you?” Yeji says resuming her happy demeanor.

“Who?”

“AISH, this girl, were you listening to me at all?”

“It’s Chanyeol of course!”

Mina suddenly becomes very interested in what Yeji had to say.

“What did he ask?”

“He asked about random things about you, he even asked about your enemies! I was so surprised. But he told me about how you treated him on his previous appointment and I laughed like crazy because he described you perfectly I swear he knows you better than you know yourself.”

Mina smiles to herself, her appetites comes back their food arrives. Mina happily digs in, after a couple of bites she notices Yeji smiling mysteriously.

“What? Do I have something on my face?” Mina asks suddenly feeling self conscious.

“No, it’s just that a certain come one has clearly brightened up, I wonder if it has something to do with a certain someone with the name Chanyeol?” Yeji smiles with a little laugh.

Mina throws some tissue at her, “Shut up! Don’t think about nonsense!” Mina blushes but smiling anyways.


Author Note: Happy holidays!!!