Chapter 18

My Enemy’s Enemy is my friend

Mina pauses for a few seconds listening to Hosung’s retreating footsteps when a sound causes her to freeze. A familiar breathing sound, Mina twists in her restraints, catching a glimpse of dark locks of hair.

“Chanyeol?” Mina says, her voice sounding harsh in the silence.

“Hey Mina…” Chanyeol smiles sheepishly, but winces when he smiles too wide because of a cut lip.

“Why are you here?” Mina says thankful that her hands were restrained, or else she would have reached out to check if this was real.

“Well, a certain someone went missing so then, I came to help.”

“I thought you weren’t going to help me anymore…” Mina says so softly, she didn’t expect Chanyeol to hear but by the look he gave her, he heard clearly. Mina looks away first. And the two sit in silence.

“Some help you are.” Mina laughs bitterly.

“Who said I wasn’t helpful.” Chanyeol grinned good-naturedly as he tossed a piece of metal which clanged noisily onto the floor by Mina’s hand.

Mina picks it up, trying to figure out what it was.

“It’s sharp!” Chanyeol warns as Mina feels the rough edges of the piece of metal. It wasn’t a knife, but it’ll do.

“You should have just gotten yourself free if you had this already.” Mina comments.

Chanyeol laughs humorlessly, “I would like to try but…” Chanyeol lifts up his hands to show Mina the metal cuff tying his wrists together. ‘I was hoping you’d be able to find the key for me.”

Mina nods and began focusing on working on the material around her wrists when Chanyeol startles her by shoving his head on the bed to get her attention. “Don’t do it now, Hosung’s coming back soon…”

“How did you-“Mina doesn’t finish her sentence when she sees Chanyeol’s head leave a bloody streak on the bed cover. “What happened to your head?” Mina says.

“Well I got someone to bring me here when I spotted Hosung in the search party, but he spotted me and followed us here, and I got caught, I almost got him! But then he wacked me… and when I woke up I was locked up in some barn.”

“The other person?” Mina asks, grabbing onto a glimmer of hope. But it is quickly put out when Chanyeol shakes his head solemnly, “He left before Hosung got here.”

The two sit in silence, “I almost got him!” Chanyeol mutter again. “I saw…” Mina says remembering the bruise on Hosung’s jaw. Chanyeol smiles again, but his smile falters as a wave of pain hit him.

“Come closer.” Mina says.

Chanyeol gave her a look.

“My hands are still tied?” She says rolling her eyes.

Chanyeol still looked confused.

“Your head wound!”

To Mina’s surprise Chanyeol laid he head onto Mina’s lap, Mina hesitates for a second, but then focuses on her task.

“I can’t see much without using my hands… But it doesn’t look too bad… just lots of blood and you probably have a concussion…”

But Chanyeol doesn’t reply; Mina watches Chanyeol’s chest rise and fall as he sleeps.

“What a crappy situation to be in…” Mina comments to herself. Feeling uncomfortable, mina attempted to move Chanyeol. But on second thought, let he lay there. Even if he was he enemy, the currently have a common enemy to fight.

As if on cue, the door opens and Hosung struts into the room, his eyes glance at Chanyeol, his jaw tightening but he doesn’t comment as he lies down on the bed the Mina is tied to.

The three stay like that in silence until Hosung coughed causing Chanyeol to wake up. He slowly sits up noticing Hosung’s presence.

“So… You guys love each other or something?” Hosung says suddenly.

Mina looks horrified and looks at the ground, afraid to say anything that would give her secret away. Chanyeol looked equally horrified, glaring at Hosung for putting both of them in this situation.

Hosung grins, “I see what’s going on here…”

Mina’s heart goes out of control, does he know? How did Chanyeol react? Does he also… Mina shoves that thought out of her head, what if he doesn’t. Not that it would matter anyways, she adds as an afterthought.

“So, Chanyeol, was it?” Hosung pauses as if pondering about something, “What so good about her?”

Chanyeol’s glare gets stronger as his jaw tightens, “There is so much, it’s a pity you will never find out.”

“Oh don’t be a party pooper! I’ll need to know if we’re getting married!” Hosung laughs, putting his ear near Chanyeol, “I promise I won’t tell.” He says mockingly as he pretends to lock his mouth.

Chanyeol glares but pauses to sneak a peek at Mina who still had her eyes locked onto the floor and he shuts his mouth tighter.

“Oh well!” Hosung says as he throws his arms dramatically into the air. “I’ll find out for myself.” Hosung laughs as he moves closer to Mina who is at the foot of the bed. He stretches out his hand as he reaches for the hem of Mina’s shirt, Mina tries to move away, but her restraints doesn’t let her move far enough. She can feel the heat from Hosung’s hands on her waist, but as soon as it can it was gone. Hosung grunted as Chanyeol kicked away his hand.

Hosung carefully moves his fingers, “You shouldn’t have done that… What would happen to your career if you were found to be violent?” Hosung says with a smile.

Chanyeol moves back to his place, but the glare never leaves his eyes, even when Mina gives him a small thankful smile.

“On the brighter side of life, I’d like to know what is so great about this guy too.” Hosung asks so close to Mina that his foul breath masked by stale mint blew against her neck, making her cringe.

“Go to hell.” Mina says softly.

“Is it the money? His looks?” Hosung gets up to check himself out in the mirror, flexing his flabby arms in the mirror before he turns back to Mina. “What does he have that I don’t?”

Mina laughs darkly “You can’t even be compared. No one every compares the sun to a landfill.” Mina spat.

Hosung stiffens with rage, his eyes bulging out, and nostrils flaring. Everything in the room stops, except for Mina’s heart hitting against her chest. Hosung meet’s Mina’s eye before he grabs Chanyeol roughly who grin as Hosung drags him away, slamming the door behind him.


Author Note: ... Kind of  a random chapter... But... yeah...