Chapter 10

My Enemy’s Enemy is my friend

Mina had been thinking a lot over the past days about a new development in the enemy that she recently observed.

“Yah!”

“YAH! LIM MINA!”

Mina is shocked out of her thoughts.

“What?”

“You are spacing out again.” Yeji puffs.

“Sorry, just thinking about random things.”

“Could it be a boy…?” Yeji smile mysterious as she moves her face almost right into Mina’s face.

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” Mina says pushing Yeji away slightly, looking away to hide her reddening cheeks.

“I’ve been talking to Minji, and she told me something interesting…” Yeji smile widens.

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” Mina repeats, not wanting to give herself away, just in case that Yeji was just tricking her.

“I heard about a certain tall, good looking guy called Chan-“ Yeji was not able to finish her sentence as Mina clamped her hands down tightly onto Yeji’s mouth. Mina gives her a warning glare. Mina feels Yeji smile under her fingers. Mina glares as she realizes she reacted exactly like Yeji wanted her to. Mina sighs as she removes her hands from Yeji’s mouth.

“I thought there was something going on when Chanyeol had asked me so many questions about you! I knew it, I knew it, and I knew it!” Yeji yells excitedly bouncing on her seat. After a few minutes she stops down and pokes Mina in her side. “So… You better tell your best friend what is going on before I find out for myself.” Mina turns to see what Yeji was talking about; Mina lets out a horrified gasp when she sees her phone in Yeji’s hand with her thumb hovering above Chanyeol’s hand.

Yeji smiles, she knows that Mina is now in her hands.

“So…?”

Mina hesitates, opens, before she shuts it again.

“He’s my boyfriend.” Mina says, words tumbling out of .

“OMMMMMMMOOOO! Did I just hear this correctly? My best friend is dating an idol! Does it mean you are finally declaring peace? Did the war finally end?” Yeji yells excitedly, not even giving Mina time to answer any of her questions, not that it would have mattered as Mina was once again trapped in her own world.

WHAT DID I JUST SAY? DID I JUST LIE TO MY BESTFRIEND? Why did I do that? Mina knows that Yeji would not betray her in anyways, Mina trusted her with her life. To make it even more confusing, in a way she wanted Yeji to believe that Chanyeol was her boyfriend.

“Oh my word!

 What would I wear to your wedding?” Mina hears Yeji say.

“Umm… aren’t you going a bit too far?” Mina comments as she comes back to reality.

“You never know, you should always be prepared for these situations, I mean, here I thought you would be single forever, but now, here you are dating one of the most sought out men in Korea.” Yeji says.

Mina rolls her eyes, chuckling at her friend’s nonsensical thought. I’ll tell her the truth another day, Mina listens to Yeji talk about what she should by as a gift for Mina’s future child.
 

Mina sits down on her bed, her hair is still damp from a shower so she grabs towel and pats her hair. She grabs her phone as she puts the towel away. She smiles a little when she sees a missed call from Chanyeol. She calls him back and he picks up almost immediately as if he was waiting for her to call back.

“Hello?” his deep voice sounds even deeper on the phone.

“Hello!” Mina replies cheerfully before she realized she sounded too eager.

“Mina! What are you doing tomorrow?” Chanyeol chuckling at her eagerness.

“I don’t know… it depends I guess…” Mina says, playing innocent.

“Well…” Chanyeol dragging out the last syllable, “I was wondering if you would want to go somewhere tomorrow.”

“Do you have somewhere in mind?” Mina asks, pretending to be hesitant even though she knows she has to go. (Or so she tells herself.)

“I’m not sure but I promise it’ll be fun!” Chanyeol says, Mina could almost imagine

Mina laughs. “I’m guessing that’s a yes?” Chanyeol asks mischievously even though he already knows the answer. “I’ll see you tomorrow then!” Chanyeol says before Mina has the chance to scold him.

That side of him annoyed her so much! But she didn’t hate it at all. It seems like he knows how she would react, and using it to his advantage (as enemies do), but somehow she can’t bring herself to even think about hating him. She gets up and goes into her closet to look for something to wear. In her rummaging she barely hears the soft knock on her door as her sister comes into her room.

“Oh my… Mina your room is a mess…” She says as she picks up a shirt that Mina had flung during her search for something wearable. “What are you doing?”

“I’m just looking for something to wear to-“Mina pauses; what is she doing?

“A date?” Minji asks as she folds the shirt and setting it on the bed.

“Yeah… a date…” Mina says slowly rolling the word on her tongue like a sweet. Mina has had many ‘dates’ before, but she had never looked forward to a single one. Is this even a date?

Minji squeals gleefully. “I never thought this day would come! I think I have just the thing!” She says as she runs out of Mina’s room, Mina can hear her sister fumbling around in the room next door looking for something.

Minji returns a few minutes later, holding a bag. “Here you go! You can thank me later! I saw this dress when I was shopping and I thought it would be perfect for you, so I kept it for a special occasion.”

Mina opens the bag gently removing the tissue paper, it was a simple white dress but there was something different about it.

“Try it out!” Minji says excitedly.

“I don’t know… what if it doesn’t suit me?” Mina says as she holds up the dress.

“Lim Mina, trust me, I’m older therefore wiser!” Minji says.

Mina laughs at her sister logic as she pull off her pajama and put on the dress.

“See! I told you it was perfect!” Minji says as she spins Mina around.

Mina manages to catch a glimpse of herself in the midst of Minji’s spinning. It was nothing like what she is used to but somehow she liked it. Minji grabs a blazer that had been flung onto the floor and helped Mina put it on, “with a little make up and styling your hair a bit, I think Chanyeol be so surprised.”

“Will you help me?” Mina asks.

“Yah!” Minji says hitting her younger sister playfully, “Who do you think you are talking to? What do you think big sisters are there for?”