Missing in Action (Part2)

When We Were In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One, two..she’s counting in her head..then she felt a sudden air passed her face. She immediately opened her eyes and saw him running to the pan as the broth of the dish already gushing over the stove. “Yah! You bully Lee Jong Hyun!” she said in her mind. 

They decided to go over the ocean near the village before going back to Seoul. It has huge displays of dried seaweeds and other dried seafood. They started goofing around the displays taking hilarious photos of each other. They were in cloud nine. Their laughs and giggles echoed in the quite and calm ocean. They run back and forth trying to catch each other with lots of hugs and touches as they sweetly play in the sandy shoreline. Seung Yeon asked if they can rest in the car for a bit. All doors are open for the cool breeze to enter the car and they rested at the back seat of the car. They were seated at both ends. The situation became awkward again.

“Are you tired?” she asked.

“Not really. I am happy.” He looked at her smiling.

“Oh! Happy birthday Oppa. This is my gift for you.” she searched inside her pocket.

“Again? You already gave gifts last night. And I was beyond happy” he said. “And the fact that you agreed to spend another day here with me is already the best birthday gift” he added.

“This is nothing biggie, just a small present.” She handed over small box with a headphone splitter inside. You know I like listening to music and thought that it would be better if I could share those songs I listen to. It’s like sharing a part of me to someone I can trust.” She shyly said while looking at the peaceful ocean.

These statements travelled directly inside his heart, his thumping heart. “She’s getting bolder and braver. I like it. Even her way of thinking is beyond beautiful. Is this the perfect timing for me to confess?” he is thinking.

“Hey, let’s try this. There’s a song that I want us to listen together.” He's nervous but excited.

He walked over the driver’s seat and looked for his phone and headphones. Soon as he was seated again in the back seat, he slowly laid his head in her lap. She was surprised but she liked it. He looked at her to see her reaction. He brushed the hair in front of her face and tucked it behind her ears. She’s really flustered with what’s he’s doing but she cannot move or even flinch. He placed the headphones in her ears and the song started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter