Chapter 50

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul bent over the bed and tapped Mr. Choi’s shoulder which caused him to stir awake. Haneul watched as he opened his eyes and stared at her. Mr. Choi chuckled at the sight of her, Haneul took a seat and crossed her legs.

“I guess you’ve been recuperating these days.” Haneul said.

“You could have stabbed me a bit to the side, it wouldn’t have taken me two week for me to recover.” Mr. Choi said.

“You should blame your age for that and also who told you to move?” Haneul asked.

“Who wouldn’t move in that situation?” Mr. Choi asked.

“It wouldn’t have taken you this long to recover.” Haneul said.

“When can I get out of this place?” Mr. Choi asked.

“Only when I need to send you out on missions other wise my men will keep watch on you.” Haneul said.

“I’m a dead man now.” Mr. Choi said.

“You’re safe from Jaeseok now, you’re in one of my many safe houses.” Haneul said.

“Why didn’t you just give me to Jaeseok?” Mr. Choi asked.

“I figured you didn’t know anything and I need at least one person alive who actually saw and knew what Gramps did.” Haneul said.

“Funny thing is that we have no evidence besides me but who knows I could be lying.” Mr. Choi said.

“That’s why I will keep you until I need you then I will dispose of you.” Haneul said.

“What are you even trying to do. Gramps is no longer alive and why are you chasing this case anyways. There’s no more justice for you to get at here, everyone is dead and others wouldn’t care.” Mr. Choi said.

“You wouldn’t understand even if you were in my shoes. Sometimes justice is still served even after the people have died. This is the only thing that is keeping me alive for now. After that I will disappear from this world.” Haneul said.

“That’s funny, you can’t run away from here. Didn’t you do that once already and look where you ended up.” Mr. Choi said..

“I choose to come back on my own.” Haneul said.

“Who in their sane mind would choose to come back?” Mr. Choi asked.

“This is the only thing I knew, the only family I had. Wouldn’t you come back?” Haneul asked.

“I would rather live as a dead man.” Mr. Choi said.

Haneul looked away from him and laughed, he wouldn’t understand he was a selfish man. Mr. Choi looked at her and he knew there was more to the eyes. 

“Are you working together with Jaeseok?” Mr. Choi asked.

“What if I am?” Haneul asked.

“He’s going to kill you once you get close to the answer.” Mr. Choi said.

“I already knew from the moment we decided to be partners. I am a loose end he’ll have to take care of.” Haneul said.

“You’re crazy.” Mr. Choi said.

“I’m perfectly sane.” Haneul said.

“He’s probably searching for me all over this city.” Mr. Choi said.

“I already told him I got rid of you. You’re dead and dead men don’t speak.” Haneul said.

Haneul could tell Mr. Choi was afraid of her as he didn’t speak and watched her carefully to see her next moves. Haneul crossed her arms and stared back at him.

“What’s on your mind.” Haneul asked.

“It’s been a few days since I woken up and I’ve been thinking about it. There was one thing I remember back then.” Mr. Choi said.

“What was it?” Haneul asked.

“When I was in Busan, that’s where most of the order was from. I remember when I was there monitoring the weapons trade, I saw there were three to four pallets of the drugs stored in the warehouses there.” Mr. Choi said

“Who is the port owned by?” Haneul asked.

“It’s owned by Mr. Lee.” Mr. Choi said.

“I had looked through all the records and Mr. Lee is not listed as any port owner?” Haneul asked.

“He might have put it under someone else's name. Try looking for the name Kim Byungjae. He used to use that as a code name for missions.” Mr. Choi said,

“I’ll keep that in mind. Do you know how many warehouses were under him?” Haneul asked.

“There's maybe five, I wasn’t really sure if he owned the one in Busan or not.” Mr. Choi said.

“Thanks for the information.” Haneul said.

“If you go down to Busan, can you find a lady named Kim Jungin. Tell her that I’m dead so she stops waiting for me.” Mr. Choi said.

“Why don’t you tell her that on your own.” Haneul said.

“Does that mean you’re going to let me live?” Mr. Choi asked.

“That depends on your attitude towards this case and me.” Haneul said.

“I’m a loyal servant.” Mr. Choi said.

“I have another meeting that I must get too. I’ll let you know what I find if I do go to Busan.” Haneul said.

“Are you meeting Jaeseok?” Mr. Choi asked.

“Maybe.” Haneul said.

Haneul stood up and walked out of the room. One of her men greeted her by the door and she turned towards him.

“Make sure to keep a good eye on him. We don’t know when he will betray us.” Haneul said.

“Yes madam.” He said.

“Also give him more paralyzer medication and tell him his condition is getting worse.” Haneul said.

“Yes, right away.” He said.

Haneul turned to look at Mr. Choi and he waved to her but she turned away from him. Haneul couldn’t trust him since he was a sly snake. She could only get rid of him after all of this was over.

Jaeseok crossed his legs as he waited for Haneul to show up. He sensed that something was off about her the last time they met up. He knew she was keeping some information away from him and he was going to get that information form her. Haneul opened the door to the dim room and Jaeseok sat up. 

“Sorry, I’m late. I had other meetings.” Haneul said.

“Took your sweet time I see.” Jaeseok said.

Haneul took a seat across from him and leaned back. Her shoulder was still sore and she decided not to wear her arm sling because she didn’t want to seem weak.

“I was shot at and I took a few days to recover so I couldn’t work.” Haneul said.

“How's your son?” Jaesoek asked.

“He’s fine and he’s not my son.” Hanuel said.

“Oh right, his real mom came back.” Jaeseok said.

“Why are we even talking about this. Are we even close friends to be asking about this.” Haneul asked.

“I have to be nice if I want things in return.” Jaeseok said.

“Oh, Mr. Choi is dead. I killed him.” Haneul said.

“I figured since he dared to shoot your son.” Jaeseok said.

Haneul rolled her eyes at his statement and Jaeseok chuckled at her response to him.

“Have you found anything out about your child with the information I gave you?” Haneul asked.

“I’m at a dead end.” Jaeseok said.

“I’ve been at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter