Chapter 46

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The lights streaked into Kris' room and he felt a body moving next to him. He opened his eyes and wrapped his arms around her pulling her close. He placed a kiss on her forehead and she giggled at his action.

“Morning.” Soojin said.

“Morning.” Kris said.

“Are you not going to work today?” Soojin asked.

“It’s Saturday.” Kris said.

“Saturday is still your work day.” Soojin said.

“I’ll just call in and say that I’m sick.” Kris said.

“Shall we take Huan to the mall today? He needs to get a haircut and some more clothes since he’s growing taller now.” Soojin said.

“I need a haircut too.” Kris said.

Kris let her go and sat up, it’s been weeks since he last talked to Haneul but in this situation everything seemed normal to him. Soojin who he thought he could never love again made his heart beat rapidly again. They had a family together and Huan was slowly opening up to Soojin. Everything felt like it was there and it melted into a perfect art piece. He wondered to himself if Haneul was really right about this. Were they not meant to be because everything fell right into place as they let go of one another. Soojin noticed how Kris was in his own thoughts and reached for his hand which he reacted by pulling her into his arms. 

“Why does this feel like a dream?” Kris asked.

“It’s not a dream.” Soojin said.

“Why does everything feel like it’s in place. It’s like this is supposed to happen for a reason.” Kris said.

“Are you telling me that you don't want this?” Soojin asked.

“No, I’m just confused. You left me with our son and Haneul was there for me but now you’re here and we haven’t had one fight yet.” Kris said.

“Don’t compare our relationship with her. Haneul is a good person too but it depends on who you want to be with.” Soojin said.

“I feel horrible towards her. I dragged her through hell and told her that I loved her but here I am with you.” Kris said.

“Sometimes things aren’t meant to work out. If it didn’t work out before then it won’t work out now.” Soojin said.

“I don’t want to love you both, I want to love one person only.” Kris said.

“If in the end you do choose Haneul, I will always be there for you.” Soojin said.

“I don't know what will happen.” Kris said.

“Why don’t we start today with going to get you guys a haircut.” Soojin said.

Soojin got up from the bed and walked towards the bathroom while Kris sat there in silence. Kris was mad at himself, he said he would do whatever it takes to make Haneul love him but this was far from his plan. He had fallen back in love with Soojin and Haneul was barely on his mind. He was getting scared of himself, he just wanted one person in his life. Kris grabbed his hair in frustration, he wanted to punch himself. 

Kris held Soojin’s hand as they walked in the mall, they had dropped Huan off at the kid center to have some alone time together. Kris accompanied Soojin as she bought groceries for tonight's dinner. Soojin was busy looking at vegetables when Kris got a phone call from work.

“Hello.” Kris said.

“Why did you not come to work today?” Suho asked.

“I took it off because I’m spending time with Soojin and Huan.” Kris said.

“We were supposed to talk about the new building plans.” Suho said.

“Oh, shoot. I forgot.” Kris said.

“This is what I mean. With Soojin you forget but with Haneul you don’t even come in.” Suho said.

“What does this have to do with both of them?” Kris asked.

“Think about it, everyone’s been telling you to stay away from Soojin but you did the exact opposite and went back to her. You haven’t got time to work anymore and you’re starting to become someone we don’t know.” Suho said.

“I’m just taking my time to…”

“Time is not waiting, we have things to do and you’re not there all the time. Are you going to keep doing this or are you going to let go of this.” Suho said.

“I know it’s hard when you have a family but still you don’t have the right to talk to me…”

“Think about it, if you choose Soojin you will have to leave us behind. You’re already showing us signs that you no longer want to be part of us no more.” Suho said.

“I still want to be there but it’s just that this is happening. I don’t know what to do.” Kris said.

“Even if you choose Haneul, nothing will change. You’ll still go back to fighting and not getting your work done.” Suho said.

“Suho, do I really need this talk right now?” Kris asked.

“Think about it, it’s a wake up call for you.” Suho said.

Kris hung up his phone in anger and Soojin tried to calm him down. Things weren’t going as Kris had hoped all along. There were still many things to factor into his problems but first he needed to do his work if he wanted things to go better for him.

“Sorry but I have to go to work. I can’t take the day off. I’ll see you at home later alright.” Kris said.

Kris kissed Soojin on the forehead and dashed out of the mall. Soojin shook her head at him and went to pay for the groceries.

Mr. Lee walked into his office and saw Haneul sitting at his desk. Haneul looked up at him and Mr. Lee walked towards her. He wondered why she was visiting him out of the blue.

“What are you doing in my office?” Mr. Lee asked.

Haneul placed a piece of paper on his desk and slid it across to him. Mr. Lee saw the picture of Sungyeol and he looked up at Haneul.

“You killed Sungyeol and framed Jaesoek.” Haneul said.

Mr. Lee backed away form Haneul while she crossed her arms and stared back at him. He thought no one would know it was him. There was no evidence of him at the crime scene.

“You and Gramps came up with a plan to get rid of Sungyeol and Jaeseok. You fired Sungyeol because he was embezzling money from your company. G

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter