Chapter 18

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul walked back into the mansion, Kris on her tail. Chen and Sehun walking behind them by a few steps, making sure to leave space. Kris grabbed her wrist turning her back to face. Haneul quickly turned around and grabbed his arm, twisting it behind his back. Kris leaned over and groan in pain.

“Don’t ever touch me without my permission.” Haneul said.

Haneul pushed him onto the couch and walked away. Kris stood back up and rubbed his sore arm. Sehun came and patted his shoulder, Chen walked right by laughing.

“Hyung, you should keep your hands to yourself.” Sehun said.

Kris glared at Sehun who only laughs.

“Also, you shouldn’t of interrupted our little alone time. She was about to open up to us.” Sehun said.

“If you have somewhere to go, go there before…”

“I’m on my way.” Sehun said.

Sehun quickly dashed away, Kris looked at his wrist. It was starting to turn red and he smirked.

“Let’s see how long you can keep this up.” Kris said.

Haneul knocked on the door and let herself in. She saw his back turned to her and she sat down in the chair.

“Kris, I prepared Huan’s medica…”

Dr. Lee turned around and saw Haneul, she smiled and he smiled back at her.

“Why didn’t you visit me while I was being locked in the room?” Haneul asked.

“I just got back two days ago.” Dr. Lee said.

“From where?” Haneul asked.

“Kris sent me to help out some of the injured in the crossfire. It’s about five hour drive from here.” Dr. Lee said.

“I wanted to see you and…”

Haneul looks around the room and then looks back at Dr. Lee.

“I want to know if you got the things I prepared?” Haneul asked.

“It’s going to be shipped to you in two more days, it was hard finding most of the things on your list.” Dr. Lee said.

“I owe you one Doc.” Haneul said.

“No, I owe you.” Dr. Lee said.

“What’s wrong with Huan?” Haneul asked.

“Kris just wants him to eat a bit more. Lately he hasn’t and he just underweight a little.” Dr. Lee said.

“Is Kris even around to take care of him?” Haneul asked.

“Sadly, Kris is busy and most of the time. The others take turns watching or playing with him. He’s a lonely kid, he barely talks. I’m afraid he will be mute if this continues.” Dr. Lee said.

“He isn’t ready to be a father.” Haneul said.

“I know but he is trying.” Dr. Lee said.

Haneul stood up and walked around the office, Dr. Lee looked at her.

“Huan reminds me of you.” Dr. Lee said.

“Stop.” Haneul said.

“He does, you grew up without anyone but Gramps and the others. You were almost going to be mute, Gramps told me.” Dr. Lee said.

Haneul stopped and turned around to face Dr. Lee, he gave her a sad look.

“Please, I need you to be a bigger person and help make a big change in his life. He needs a mom, I’m not forcing you to be his mom but a friend.” Dr. Lee said.

“I… I can’t do it.” Haneul said.

“I’m sorry for asking you.” Dr. Lee said.

“I have bigger responsibilities and I can’t have Huan being one.” Haneul said.

“It’s alright.” Dr. Lee said.

“I just can’t be his mom or friend, I don’t want him to be involved with me.” Haneul said.

“I understand.” Dr. Lee said.

“Thanks for understanding me.” Haneul said.

“Oh, before I forget again.” Dr. Lee said.

Dr. Lee opens his draw and hands her a rectangular box, he smiles.

“It’s late but I got it for your birthday. I was away and forgot to give it to you multiple times.” Dr. Lee said.

“Thanks.” Haneul said.

She opened the box and saw two silver throwing knives. The handles carved with rose designs and she looked up at him.

“I ordered them to match your guns, do you like them?” Dr. Lee said.

Haneul looked at him and made a pouting face.

“You don’t like them?” Dr. Lee said.

“No, I do but you know…”

“There's more.” Dr. Lee said.

Dr. Lee handed her another box and she smiled at him. She opened it and picked it up. It was a cute bunny plushie. It was white and hand a cute eyes, she gave him a smirk.

“How did you know I like this brand?” Haneul asked.

“I just knew it.” Dr. Lee said.

“Thanks.” Haneul said.

There was a knock on the door and a maid came in and she bowed to them.

“Gramps is waiting for you. He says you will be leaving now.” She said.

She bowed again and closed the door behind her. Haneul looked at Dr. Lee and picked up her boxes.

“Thanks, I’ll be back sometime.” Haneul said.

“Visit me more often, it get’s lonely here.” Dr. Lee said.

“Will do.” Haneul said.

She waved to him and left the room with her two boxes. Dr. Lee looked down at the last box in the draw.

“Maybe next time.” Dr. Lee said.

Kris walked up to his office, he had to check if the papers were still there. Along the way, he stopped to check on Huan. Kris slowly opened the door and saw Huan playing with his toys, Xiumin was sitting next to him. Kris smiled and walked to his office. He grabbed the papers from his brief case and began readin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter