Promise your son~!

I'd Tell you I Hate you but then I'd be Lying

~Taemin POV~

I skipped down the sidewalk as I approached my umma’s house.

Well… not my real umma. My real mom died in an accident along with my appa when I was four. My auntie took care of me. She was my only other family left. Everyone else was gone.

I thought she took care of me because she pitied me. At least, that’s what she always said. But, when I turned sixteen last year, she left me, saying I could take care of myself.

Well, I can’t really so my best friend Key told me he’ll be my umma. He’s actually always been my mommy, he’s always there for me to listen to my dreams and telling me they’ll come true. Like my dream to go to Seoul Academy.

Key actually applied to go there, but I can’t. I only have the money my parents and aunt left me, along with the money I make dancing. Not professionally, just in the streets. My auntie told me not to do that, she said it makes me look poor and unworthy of anything.

Anyways, I do have money, but far from the amount it takes to even apply for Seoul Academy. That place is the top, most prestigious school, ever. And umma actually has the guts to go.

I’ll be sad when he leaves though. I’ve never gone a day since my parents died without Key. But he promised me that we’ll always be best friends no matter what, so I can trust him with that.

A wide smile spread across my face as I stood in front of the Kim house. I knocked on the door gently, something I rarely do since I almost always go in through Key’s window.

Does that sound stalkerish? Maybe a little. Well, I usually just climb the tree in their backyard to get to my umma, but I felt patient and cheerful today so I just came in like normal people.

Mrs. Kim answered the door and smiled at me. She’s rarely home because she teaches at a college in North Korea. Maybe she’s here on vacation. “Hello Mrs. Kim~! Is Key hyung here?”

Her smile faltered a bit but she patted my back as I stepped inside. “It’s good to see you’re doing well Taemin. Key is in his room.”

She flashed me another smile before going into their neat kitchen. I looked around in awe. As much as I go to their house, I always seem to forget how amazing it is. Almost all made of glass, or so it seems. It felt like a castle, and I felt like I was in the home of a prince. Or princess. Hehe, Key can be a bit girly sometimes, but he is more manly.

I skipped up the stairs and couldn’t help but wonder why Mrs. Kim looked at me like that. Almost the same way my aunt looked when she told me she felt sorry for me. I brushed it off and burst into my umma’s room, expecting to see him reading a magazine with the music blasting like how he usually appears when I come over. But instead, for some weird reason that I’m almost afraid to ask why, he was curled up in a corner with his head in his knees, sobbing ever so lightly, it was almost inaudible.

“Umma?” I must have sounded scared, because honestly, I was. Why was he crying? He picked up his head and it turned around quickly. He saw me and immediately wiped away his tears as he stood up.

“Oh, Tae. I didn’t know you were here.” He smiled, but it looked forced. He hugged me tightly. “How was school? I wasn’t feeling well so I skipped today.”

I hugged him back and rested my forehead on his shoulder. “Good. Key, are you okay?”

He pulled back and bit his bottom lip. His eyes were slightly red and his cheeks were still stained with the tears. I looked past his shoulder to see a letter lying on his bed. The fancy looking envelope was torn open and the letter was slightly crumpled.

I let go of him and walked over to pick it up, thinking it might have something to do with the reason why he was so upset. I looked at the envelope first. In nice neat writing it read: Seoul Academy. I looked at him with wide eyes. From S.A.? He twiddled his thumbs.

“They got my video.” He smiled. “And now I’m in. I have to leave next week.”

A wide smile spread across my face as I ran over and threw my arms once again around my hyung. “Key!! Congratulations!” I know it’s always been a dream of his to attend Seoul Academy. We share the same dream actually, and he applied a couple months ago along with a video of him rapping and singing.

Seoul Academy is a very very prestigious school. Home to only the most talented kids in South Korea. They attend school and live in the dorms on the S.A. campus until the graduate after high school, and can choose to attend the college linked to the elementary, middle, and high school on the main campus. The college is much farther away, but attending means you get a better chance of becoming famous. Seoul Academy is also where 80% of the most famous stars attended, which makes sense. They train like crazy after classes, practice nonstop, and work to be the best they could. And now, Key was going to join them. I kept telling him congrats, but he just sobbed a bit more and pushed me back, staring at me with sad eyes.

“No, Minnie. You don’t get it. I’m not happy.”

What?!“Wae?”

He bit his bottom lip and twiddled his thumbs. “Well, I’ll be moving into the dorms and everything…”

“So? We’ll still be friends, right?”

He stared at me. “Of course! But, I just learned something from this letter that told me everything about the school…”

“What is it?”

He took a deep breathe. “S.A. kids are not to contact anyone outside of school grounds, except for our parents; and only if an emergency. We’re supposed to spend our time training and practicing, and we’re not allowed to leave campus, even on breaks. Hell, I don’t think we even get breaks. So… I don’t think I’ll be able to see you after I leave.”

What? I can’t see him anymore? My umma, my hyung, my best friend…

My knees gave way and I slumped to the floor. “No… but Key, I can’t live without you!”

“I know Tae,” he kneeled down to me and hugged me tightly. “But, I figured something out.”

“Huh?” I swallowed my sobs and listened to him.

“Maybe you could come with me.”

I blinked. Is he serious? Someone like me? He must be kidding.

I laughed because I felt like an idiot. Actually believing that I could get into a school like S.A. “Key… you must be joking right?”

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. “What? Taemin, you dance like a pro, you’d definitely make it in.”

I shook my head.  “Key…-”

“Taemin…”

I pouted and looked down. The only reason I’m able to dance so well is because he taught me. After he did, I practiced and worked hard until I became better than him. Well, that’s what he said. In my opinion, I still have a lot to learn.

“Minnie?”

“Hm?”

“Pleaseeeee at least tryyy?” he stuck out his bottom lip and continued to whine.

I sighed and fell back on the floor. “Fine, but I highly doubt I’ll get in.”

“Yay!” Key collapsed on the rug next to me and giggled. “Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll make it! And when you do find me on campus!”

I smiled and nodded. Of course I would, I can’t live without him. Literally, he went on vacation and was gone for a week. I ate such horrible food I tried to cook because he always cooks for me and made myself so sick I felt like I was gonna die. Thank goodness he came back early and I was better.

I stayed at my umma’s house until dinner, then I went back up to his room once more before I leave.

“Key, so you’re really leaving?” I swallowed the tears once more and bit my bottom lip. He wrapped his thin arms around me and squeezed my fragile and now shaking body.

“Taeminnie…  I’m so sorry… it’s not like I want to leave either. But, I have no choice. I’ll send letters somehow, I heard rumors about a boy who sneaks out of S.A. campus often. Don’t worry, we’ll still always be best friends.” He patted my back and that’s when all the tears pushed out and I cried into his shoulder.

I know he wasn’t lying. He never lies, ever. To anyone. But, it’s the fact that he was telling the truth was what made me cry. That truth that I won’t see him again for a long time. I’d rather have him lying to me about all this than having to deal with the fact that it was all true.

I let go of him and sniffled, wiping away the tears. “Just promise me we’ll always be friends” I held out my pinky and he wrapped his around it, moving his wrist so our thumbs touched too. He smiled.

“Promise.” He enveloped me into another quick hug before falling on his bed.

I bounced next to him and grinned. “So anyways, are you excited about going to S.A.?”

He shrugged and put his hands under his head. “Maybe. I can improve on my singing and stuff.”

I rolled my eyes. “Boooring. You know that’s not what I meant umma.”

He chuckled. “I’m not going there to get laid Tae, but I do know that S.A. boys tend to be good looking. Who knows?”

I nodded. Key has always wanted to find his one true love and claims that that person will be at Seoul Academy. They’re home to the best looking people ever, along with the smartest and most talented. Honestly, I think I could find my true love there too.

We talked and talked until we had no more words left and we just laid there. A minute passed, then five, ten, a half hour, an hour, until my eyelids felt heavy and they fell leaving me to dream about life without Key, and the possible one where I’ll be at S.A. with my true love by my side.

 

--

Chapter 1~ ^-^

Pssh, the first chapter's always the hardest T___T

So, I'm thinking about making Jongkey happen first, yeah? The others will appear in the next two or three updates (;

And just on a random note, i don't think i'll ever to ship TaeKey xD it's like a mother/son relationship that i find...not allowed? Forbidden? I dunno =P TaeKey shippers don't kill me (>_<) Although, they are cute sometimes ^-^ And i also can't ship OnKey -__-

It's like...Key is out of Onew's leauge? Or the other way around? Whatever, this FF will totally be about Jongkey and 2min (: And others of course (; (Yunjea, GTOP, YeWook etc)

Also, I'm also going to be working on 2 fics at the same time so please don't get mad if I don't update evry day or something. Maybe about every 4 days? No more than 5, unless on rare occassions!! ^-^ I'm gonna be working on Kiss Kiss Kiss at the same time as I;m working on this one c:

Don't forget if you ship Jongkey, sign this petition to have them on the reality show "We Got Married"

Jongkey on WGM! Petition

 

Well, subscribe, comment, and thanks a bunch for clicking this fic, ~!! (:

Updating again soon. Maybe in 2 days. Until then c:

Anngyeong (~.^)