Chapter 9

In a Moment like this

[ fourteen ]

"are you insane?"

"why not? it's a good idea!"

"you can't even take care of yourself."

"i can! besides, we'll be looking after it together!"

myungsoo his lips, eyes focused on his laptop screen as he scrolls through the pet adoption website. sungyeol continues to gawk at him in disbelief. 

"where is it even going to stay? it's way too cram here in our dorm!"

"it's just one pet, it doesn't need alot of space to live! it doesn't even need a bed, it can sleep with me!"

"what if we go overseas? how are we supposed to feed it when we're doing our world tour?"

"i can always ask my brother to help look after it, i'm sure he'd be willing to help."

"we still have to train it, don't you remember how troublesome it was during birth of a family?"

"we did it once, we can do it again! come on, yeol." myungsoo tears his gaze from his laptop screen and turns to look sungyeol in the eyes, "it'll be like raising our own child."

sungyeol sighs, and his heart practically melts because he has to admit that raising a "child" with myungsoo is something that he's wanted to do since they started dating. now that they've been in a steady relationship for about 3 years, it seems fitting that they'd be able to raise a kitten.

"alright fine, we'll get a kitten. but just one!"

myungsoo's face breaks into a wide grin, dimples appearing as he returns his attention back to his laptop. 

sungyeol can't help but smile to himself, he thinks that maybe getting a kitten would be a good idea after all, that maybe they'd be able to raise it until it's all grown up. 

"okay, the website says that they're open on weekends from 9am to 7pm. we can go down this saturday." 

sungyeol sneaks an arm around myungsoo's waist and attaches his nose in the crook of myungsoo's neck. the response he gets is a quiet whine and flushed cheeks. 

"what are you doing, babe?" myungsoo asks as sungyeol presses an open mouthed kiss onto the sensitive skin on myungsoo's neck, earning another whine.

"i think this kitten will represent a big step in our relationship," sungyeol mutters as his fingers slip under the fabric of myungsoo's thin cotton shirt and ghosts over his skin. 

myungsoo hums in response, scrolling through the website and looking at all the different breeds that are available for adoption. 

sungyeol really doesn't know how to express what he's feeling through words, so he just slides his fingers against the tan skin on myungsoo's torso whilst nibbling on the exposed skin on myungsoo's shoulders (thanks to his low-necked cotton shirt). 

"you're being weirdly touchy," myungsoo notes, although it's more of an observation than anything. his eyes are still locked onto his screen, where there's a picture of a Russian Blue, it's eyes are pleading and it's a tiny, cute kitten. sungyeol instantly knows that they've found the right one. 

"i love you, soo." 

myungsoo turns to face sungyeol, looking rather confused but he still manages to say, "and i love you, baby. but why the sudden confession?" 

"because," sungyeol doesn't really know why himself. it just felt right, he just felt that the fact that myungsoo even thought of raising a kitten together was heartwarming. 

myungsoo chuckles and leans forward to press his lips against sungyeol's, he gingerly on sungyeol's bottom lip and threads his hands through sungyeol's red hair. 

and in that moment, sungyeol just let his mind go blank as he kissed myungsoo. sure, a kitten was just a domestic pet. but myungsoo wanted them to raise it together, as a couple. it was touching to know that he meant so much to myungsoo, so much so that he wanted to do something like adopt a kitten for the both of them. 

"let's get this Russian Blue," myungsoo mumbles when they break apart, gesturing towards the laptop screen. 

sungyeol grins, bumping their foreheads together, "i was thinking the same thing."


i might do a sort of second part of this in the next moment but we'll see how it goes!! and i just had to add in the fact that yeol has red hair bc he looks good with red hair ;") hope u guys are enjoyin this and ill be back with more updates soon !