Chapter 7

In a Moment like this

[ eleven ]

their shoulders bump, they're standing side by side in the dressing room fixing their make up.

"good luck out there, i'm sure you'll do great." sungyeol reassures myungsoo as he uses a finger to brush his hair aside.

myungsoo fixes on his mike, "i'm really nervous, yeol. what if i screw up?"

sungyeol turns and helps myungsoo readjust his mike, clipping it onto his ear, "calm down, you've practiced many times without screwing up so i'm sure you can do it."

myungsoo smiles, taking in a deep breath. and sungyeol leans forward, letting their lips brush lightly before pulling back quickly.

"go on, don't forget your teddy bear." sungyeol teases, earning an eye roll from myungsoo as he walks towards the stage for his solo performance, "love you like you".

sungyeol quietly moves to the backstage area where he can watch myungsoo perform from behind the curtains.

the spotlight shines on myungsoo, he's seated on a white bench. the background music starts to play and myungsoo begins singing. and sungyeol can't help but smile as he watches myungsoo.

sungyeol knows that myungsoo is someone that would always put in his best effort during any task that is assigned to him. and hearing him sing with that angelic voice of his, proves that myungsoo did do his best for his solo performance. sungyeol can't be more proud.

the performance ends without any mistakes and the fans cheer loudly for myungsoo as he slowly exits the stage, and sungyeol claps along with them.

"how'd i do?" myungsoo asks worriedly, looking up expectantly at sungyeol.

sungyeol stretches out his hands and holds myungsoo in a tight embrace, tilting his head downwards so that his mouth is next to his ear.

"you were amazing, " sungyeol says, squeezing myungsoo tighter.

myungsoo visibly flushes and mumbles a soft thank you in response, fingers clutching the hem of sungyeol's shirt.

and it's in these moments, that sungyeol feels so immensely proud of myungsoo. his admiration and affection for myungsoo blooms, knowing that myungsoo gets the recognition he deserves by working hard like he always does. and that's a trait of myungsoo's that sungyeol really respects and loves.

 

[ twelve ]

"ugh," sungyeol groans as he flops onto the bed, next to his boyfriend. he lands face-first onto the bed, mumbling incoherent words into the pillow.

myungsoo is sitting crossed-leg on his bed, and he gives sungyeol a questionable look, rubbing his back with his palm.

"had a tiring day?"

sungyeol shifts his head so that he can look myungsoo in the eye, "what do you think?"

"well sorry, mr cranky."

myungsoo moves his hand to sungyeol's hair, playful smile on his lips.

"im sorry," sungyeol apologises, "it's just that the director was being a complete jerk the entire day. he kept making me re-film all my scenes."

myungsoo chuckles, "that's his job, yeol."

sungyeol groans yet again, turning around so he's lying on his side, facing myungsoo.

"you at making me feel better."

"well maybe instead of thinking of it as tiring, think of it as a chance to make your scenes better. you're a great actor, and if you have the right attitude, you'd be even better."

sungyeol scowls, "but it is tiring."

"well," myungsoo pauses for a brief moment, gripping sungyeol's fingers and running his thumb over the back of his hand.

"then think about coming home to me."

sungyeol honestly doesn't know how to respond to myungsoo when he says things like that. and he feels bad, because myungsoo's such a wonderful boyfriend, always saying and doing the right thing. but sungyeol never knows what sweet words to say, or what gifts to get myungsoo for his birthday.

so, this time sungyeol tries to say something back.

"how do you know i don't already think that?"

it's not a lie, sungyeol finds himself thinking (in the middle of the day) how nice it would be to have myungsoo cuddled up next to him in bed instead of having to film for his drama.

and now myungsoo's the one at a lost for words, he blushes as sungyeol sits up, pecking his forehead.

"cuddle?" sungyeol asks, already moving to lie down on myungsoo's bed, patting the space next to him.

myungsoo scrunches up his nose, lying down and curling up next to sungyeol, burying his face in his chest. sungyeol presses a kiss onto the top of myungsoo's head, wrapping his arms around his waist.

and in that moment, myungsoo felt right in sungyeol's arms, just like two pieces of a puzzle that fit perfectly with each other. and sungyeol could never picture himself holding anyone else in his arms but myungsoo.

and maybe sungyeol didn't think that he was the perfect boyfriend, but the truth was that in each other's eyes, they knew that they fit together perfectly.


sorry for not updating these few days!! ive been quite busy so i made two in a chapter! hope u enjoyed it!