Chapter 5

In a Moment like this

[ nine ]

"okay, no. myungsoo, we're leaving now." 

sungyeol grips tightly onto myungsoo's wrist and drags him out of the cafe that they originally wanted to have lunch in. 

"have a nice day!" the waitress beams as she waves at myungsoo, and myungsoo nods his head back, smiling as well. 

sungyeol is sure he sees the waitress blushing and he almost vomits on the spot. he pulls myungsoo out the front door, walking as far from the cafe as possible. 

"what was that for, yeol?" myungsoo yells, he's frowning and there's a hint of annoyance in his voice. 

sungyeol still has his fingers wrapped around myungsoo's wrist, they're both walking side by side along the rows of shops and eateries. 

"are you seriously that oblivious? that squeaky voiced, ugly waitress was trying to flirt with you!" 

myungsoo raises his brow, "she was flirting with me?" 

sungyeol huffs, he feels his face flushing red in anger. 

then, a smug look appears on myungsoo's face, "you were jealous, weren't you?"

"i was not jealous. as your boyfriend, i'm supposed to take note of these things and keep you away from potential predators." 

myungsoo snorts, keeping his eyes on sungyeol who seems to be avoiding eye contact.

"predators? you are totally jealous." 

"i am not, okay! she was trying so hard to get your attention," sungyeol makes a gagging noise with his throat, "it was gross."

"or you were just jealous and wanted to get out of there." 

"i was not jealous, damn it!" 

"you are so obvious," myungsoo laughs as he sees the scowl on sungyeol's face, "just admit it, yeol. you want me all for yourself and can't stand it when someone else tries to come after me." 

"well, you are my boyfriend. i'm supposed to have you all to myself." sungyeol mutters as he keeps his eyes focused on the floor, ignoring myungsoo's stare. 

"and that's exactly why you shouldn't be jealous," myungsoo reassures him, he interlocks their fingers together, "i'm never going to fall for anyone other than you, yeol. and you are aware of that." 

sungyeol clears his throat, "and i wouldn't fall for anyone else too."

they stay quiet for a moment, with their hands still interlocked. myungsoo has a small smile playing on his lips and sungyeol starts the back of myungsoo's hand with his thumb. 

"but for the record, i wasn't jealous." 

"let go of your ego, lee sungyeol. you totally were jealous!" 

sungyeol turns and catches myungsoo's eyes, a sheepish smile forms on his face, "okay, fine. maybe a little." 

they stare at each other for awhile, smiling, before sungyeol adds, "but you can't blame me, she was throwing herself at you! that desperate , did you see her face? she was batting her eyelashes and --"

"a little jealous? just a little?" 

sungyeol flushes, stupid myungsoo, he's having way too much fun with this. 

"you are so cute, yeol. but seriously, no more getting jealous. you know i'm deeply in love with you, so smitten that i'd never even think about anyone else romantically. i'm all yours, alright? only yours." 

and it's in these moments ; when myungsoo reassures sungyeol, tells him how much he loves him, that sungyeol feels his heart thump hardly in his chest and his mind is just filled with myungsoo myungsoo myungsoo.

sungyeol knows he's pathetically, head over heels in love with myungsoo. and he knows that no matter how many times they fight or get mad at each other, that their feelings will always remain the same. 


 

< author's note >

ive been writing many long(er) moments these few chapters, i'll try to write shorter and more moments for the next few chapters!! (i'm always so draggy and i cant stick to writing short ones, but ill try) 

or do u guys prefer longer ones but only one per chapter? tell me ur preference in the comments!