Chapter 6

In a Moment like this

[ ten ]

sungyeol hates skinship. he needs his own personal bubble (it's really more of a personal football field because he can't stand it when people are standing near to him, much less touching him), and if anyone dares to step foot into his personal bubble, he'd honestly punch them square in the stomach.

well, maybe not anyone.

"hmm," myungsoo hums softly, his mouth placed exactly next to sungyeol's ear, chin perched lightly onto his shoulder, "you smell nice, yeol."

sungyeol wills himself not to blush, his face heats up the minute he feels myungsoo's hot breath tickling his skin. he feins annoyance, groaning as he shrugs myungsoo off.

"stop it, myungsoo. you know i hate it when i get touched."

myungsoo raises his brow questionably, not saying a word as he resumes his original position, chest pressed against sungyeol's back, chin resting in the space inbetween sungyeol's shoulder and neck, lips brushing softly against the shell of sungyeol's ear.

"that's funny, yeol. because we've been dating for 3 years and i'm sure i know you well enough to know that you love it when i do this."

myungsoo encircles his strong arms around sungyeol's waist, holding him close and tight to his own body. he then presses a chaste kiss onto sungyeol's ear.

"am i wrong?" myungsoo whispers in a low tone, smirking a little.

sungyeol inevitably flushes, (how can he keep a straight face when myungsoo's acting like that?) he turns his face away from his obnoxious boyfriend and internally scolds himself for not being able to act nonchalant.

myungsoo chuckles, "yeol, are you blushing?"

"no, it's just…really hot in here." sungyeol blurts, unable to comprehend anything when myungsoo's soft lips are grazing against the outer shell of his ear with every word he speaks. it takes every ounce of self-control he has in himself to prevent him from turning around, myungsoo's shirt and crashing their lips together.

"our room is air-conditioned." myungsoo teases, a hint of smugness in his voice as he chuckles lightly once again.

sungyeol flushes a darker shade of red. (he's sure that he's never blushed so much in his 25 years) what's gotten into him? myungsoo's usually the one that gets flustered and tongue-tied and shy, not him.

myungsoo inhales deeply, breathing in sungyeol's scent as his eyes slip closed, "i can stay like this for hours, you smell really good."

sungyeol (fake) rolls his eyes, although there's still a rosy blush on his cheeks and pries myungsoo's arms away from his waist, wriggling out of myungsoo's embrace.

myungsoo pouts, and an audible whine slips out of his mouth as he looks at sungyeol, clearly wanting to cuddle and feel and touch.

"personal space." sungyeol states, as nonchalantly as he can manage to, looking away from myungsoo. he sits on his own single-bed (myungsoo sleeps on the upper bunk) and busies himself with his phone, hoping against hope that his cheeks would return to their usual shade of beige instead of bright red like they are now.

"yeollie, don't be like this." myungsoo whines, sounding like a baby crying for his mother. and sungyeol's entire body aches to pull myungsoo close, wrap his arms around him, kiss him senseless and just indulge in myungsoo. but no, damn it, myungsoo is supposed to be the clingy one, the one that wants to stick himself to sungyeol's back, the one that presses closer to sungyeol's side, the one that's desperate to touch. because sungyeol hates skinship.

sungyeol feels a sudden dip in his mattress and looks to his right to find myungsoo, cheeks reddened and lips curled into a smile, beside him on his bed. myungsoo leans his head against sungyeol's shoulder, shifting so that he can press closer to sungyeol's side.

"myungsoo," sungyeol groans, even though there's a grin on his face, "it's too crammed to share a bed."

myungsoo ignores him and snuggles closer to sungyeol, throwing a leg over sungyeol's legs and curling an arm around sungyeol's torso.

sungyeol fakes another groan, biting his bottom lip to hide his wide grin, because jesus, myungsoo smells fresh, like he just got out of the shower and he's warm and it feels so good to have their bodies pressed close together like this.

"don't even try to hide it, yeol. that idiotic smile on your face betrays your true feelings." myungsoo mumbles as his eyes meet sungyeol's.

sungyeol blushes slightly, but still manages to say, "and what exactly are my true feelings?"

"oh my god, myungsoo is so hot. i've been waiting for ages for him to hug me like this, i love it when he does this." myungsoo raises his voice an octave higher and imitates sungyeol's voice.

sungyeol snorts, "i do not sound like that, ."

he blushes, then lets himself speak his mind, tired of acting like he doesn't want myungsoo. he throws an arm around myungsoo's shoulder, pulling him nearer, "but the thoughts were accurate."

myungsoo scrunches his nose up, "it's good that you finally let go of your ego."

"i love you, kim myungsoo. even though you're a douche 90% of the time."

and it's in these rare moments, when sungyeol forgets his pride and admits everything, that make myungsoo's heart swoon and his mind go blank (because all he can think of is how sungyeol loves him, wants him, needs him). heck, sungyeol has a ridiculously large ego and if he's willing to put it down to say something cheesy like how much he wants to kiss myungsoo, then he must be doing a pretty good job.

it's not long after they speak those words that their lips find each others' and they stay like that until they become breathless, their hands roaming, their breaths mingling, their lips colliding, their hearts racing.

"right back at you, lee sungyeol."


 

wow this is longggg I HAD NO IDEA IT WOULD BE SO LONG its just 900+ words of fluff fluff fluff.