Chapter 11

In a Moment like this

[ sixteen ]

"a plant?" 

sungyeol feels the urge to facepalm. they're seated on myungsoo's bed, and myungsoo's unwrapping the gift that sungyeol gave him for christmas. 

"it's not just a regular plant," sungyeol says, looking at the green plant which is blooming with tiny white flowers and it has a red ribbon attached to the stem.

"then what kind of plant is it?" 

sungyeol feels his face heating up. this was such a stupid idea, this idiot doesn't even know what a mistletoe is.

"it's a mistletoe," sungyeol spits out, trying not to seem as embarrassed as he feels. 

myungsoo's mouth makes an 'O' shape and then, because he's an idiot, he asks, "what do i do with mistletoe?" 

sungyeol groans and buries his face in his hands. it's official, i'm in love with an idiot. 

"there's a tradition related to mistletoes, for during christmas." sungyeol mumbles into his hands and inevitably, feels his face flush with embarrassment yet again. 

"what kind of tradition?" 

sungyeol sits up and looks myungsoo in the eye, "are you seriously this dumb? or are you just playing with me?" 

myungsoo scowls in response, "why don't you just tell me the tradition? you're the one that wanted to give me mistletoe!" 

"well i kind of regret it now," sungyeol mutters, cheeks still rosy. 

sungyeol drops his gaze and mumbles, "when two people stand under the mistletoe, they're supposed to kiss." 

the look of confusion on myungsoo's face briefly changes to a look of realisation, and then his features curl into a smirk. 

"oh, so in other words you want me to kiss you?" myungsoo teases as he spots the red tint on sungyeol's cheeks. 

"shut up, i just thought it'd be funny. i didn't know you were such an idiotic piece of --"

sungyeol's words are cut off abruptly when myungsoo leans in to peck his lips sweetly. 

"you could have just asked, babe. no need to buy a mistletoe, you know i'd kiss you anytime and anywhere if you want it." myungsoo smirks as he says this. 

sungyeol blushes hotly, "i never said i wanted it." 

myungsoo rolls his eyes but leans in to kiss sungyeol anyway, he slips his tongue into sungyeol's mouth and gently on his lips. 

when they break apart, they rest their foreheads together with their eyes still closed. 

"i want to," myungsoo says quietly. 

"what?"

"i want to kiss you, i always do." 

sungyeol feels a tingling sensation rise from his toes to his cheeks, and he's pretty sure he's turned completely red. 

and it was in that moment that sungyeol realised that even though myungsoo is weird and oblivious and clingy and stupid, he's myungsoo. the myungsoo that makes sungyeol blush, the myungsoo that cheers sungyeol up when he's upset, the myungsoo that sungyeol falls in love with every single day. 

"merry christmas, yeol." 

sungyeol smiles, "merry christmas." 


christmas one just to suit the holiday season hehe merry christmas everyone and wish you guys all the luck for 2016! thank you for supporting me :) happy holidays!!