Chapter 3

In a Moment like this

[ seven ]

it's a chilly afternoon in seoul, korea and sungyeol shivers slightly, pulling his coat tighter around himself. 

a few meters infront of him, he spots myungsoo standing at a cross-junction, as he lifts his (precious) camera to his eye and snaps a picture of the cars driving to and fro. he has a grey scarf slung around his neck and he's wearing a black coat and blue jeans.

myungsoo turns to face sungyeol, a small smile flooding his sharp features as he lifts his camera another time. click! 

"ugh, myungsoo. you know i hate it when you do that." sungyeol groans, hitting myungsoo on the back as he doubles over in laughter. 

"can't help it, i like capturing beautiful things." myungsoo wriggles his eyebrows as he throws sungyeol a smirk. 

sungyeol rolls his eyes, he's such an idiot really. 

"you look pretty cold." myungsoo states with a frown, "i told you to wear thicker clothes, idiot."

myungsoo hands sungyeol his camera, not forgetting to mutter a "don't drop it" before he does so, and removes his scarf to loop it around sungyeol's neck. they're standing really close to each other, and myungsoo has to tiptoe to help sungyeol put on the scarf. 

sungyeol, with his free hand, grips onto myungsoo's waist and pulls him closer. their chests bump against each other's as myungsoo yelps loudly, but his shouts die at the tip of his tongue as sungyeol leans down and presses a soft kiss to myungsoo's thin lips. 

he hears myungsoo gasp into the kiss, fingers curling into the scarf to pull sungyeol down further to deepen the kiss. 

it's a pretty sweet kiss, myungsoo thinks as he moves one hand to cup sungyeol's cheek as their mouths press closer together, moving in a special rhythm that intensifies the butterflies in myungsoo's stomach. he feels something press into his side and his eyes snap open and he breaks away from sungyeol. 

"sungyeol!" myungsoo shrieks, snatching back his camera from sungyeol, using his shirt to clean the lens. "these lens are expensive! you don't just jab them anywhere, they could have broken!" 

sungyeol rolls his eyes, "okay, sorry. i was a little carried away, i should have taken better care of your baby camera." 

myungsoo scowls as he slings his camera over his shoulder and grabs sungyeol's cold fingers, sliding his own fingers inbetween them. 

"hey, myungsoo." sungyeol calls as they walk down the street with their fingers interlocked. he begins swinging their hands back and forth playfully. 

myungsoo hums in response, smiling as he keeps his eyes on their joint hands. 

sungyeol forcefully pulls myungsoo towards his body, causing him to stumble into sungyeol's arms. sungyeol has his free hand on myungsoo's chin, tilting it upwards slightly. 

"what the hell, sungyeol. i could have tripped."

"well you could have, but instead you fell for me." 

myungsoo snorts at the lame pick up line, his arm sneaking around sungyeol's waist. 

"myungsoo," sungyeol brings their faces nearer so that their noses brush lightly, "can you kiss me again?" 

and in that moment, myungsoo was overwhelmed with feelings  ; joy, fluster, bliss, shyness, affection for sungyeol. and he realised that sungyeol was perfect, the most perfect boyfriend he could have ever dreamed of. 

so he responded in the best way possible. he lifted his head, and he spoke in a small whisper, letting his lips brush against sungyeol's with every word that he uttered, "yes, you idiot. i will."

and he did. 


< author's note >

this one was longer so i thought i should just leave it as one moment in the chapter huhu.