Chapter 2

In a Moment like this

[ four ]

myungsoo's eyes meet sungyeol's.

all seven of them are on stage, with the background music of their closing song "together" playing as white confetti falls from the ceiling.

myungsoo lets a small smile tug at his lips, dimples showing, eyes still focused on sungyeol's. sungyeol's gaze doesn't falter either, his eyes shimmering as he gazes longingly at myungsoo.

there were no words exchanged, no skin-on-skin contact, but the two felt everything that could possibly have been said.

myungsoo feels the tip of his ears redden slightly, but he never drops his gaze, not even for a second. an embarrassed smile creeps onto his face, eyes crinkling, teeth showing and cheeks flushing. and sungyeol feels his heart thumping hardly in his chest and can't help but smile back.

and in that moment ; where their eyes never leave each other's, where they feel like time is frozen, where every word they could possibly say is said in silence. sungyeol feels like nothing else matters, other than myungsoo.

[ five ]

myungsoo fumes as he stomps into his and sungyeol's shared room. stupid sungyeol, doesn't understand anything. he plops down on his bed and rubs his face with his hands in frustration, groaning loudly.

they've been together for about three years now, him and sungyeol. in these three years, they've had alot of fights and arguements. most of the time it's trivial matters (sungyeol making a mess of their room, myungsoo smacking sungyeol in his sleep etc.), but sometimes they argue and ignore each other for days.

myungsoo hears the bedroom door creak open, and sungyeol trudges in, slamming the door shut. myungsoo doesn't even lift his gaze to acknowledge sungyeol's presence, they ignore each other completely.

myungsoo hears sungyeol clearing his throat, then he says "dinner's ready." theres an obvious tone of annoyance in his voice.

myungsoo doesn't respond, he picks up his handphone from the bedside table and starts scrolling through twitter. he hears sungyeol sigh in exasperation before walking out of their bedroom.

shortly after, sungyeol returns with a bowl of ramen and kimchi, placing it on the bedside table next to myungsoo's bed.

"i'm still incredibly mad at you," sungyeol starts, sitting down next to myungsoo so that their shoulders bump, "but that doesn't mean i don't care about you."

myungsoo feels ashamed, for being immature and for ignoring sungyeol just because he was pissed. he feels his heart melt, a warm feeling engulfing his entire body as sungyeol leans down and pecks his cheek lovingly.

"we'll sort things out later, eat your food." sungyeol mutters before standing up and walking out again.

it's in these moments ; when sungyeol doesn't stop caring about myungsoo, when sungyeol doesn't stop loving myungsoo. that myungsoo realises that sungyeol deserves so much more from him. and myungsoo has the burning urge to embrace him, kiss him, hold him, give him everything he wishes for.

[ six ]

"sungyeol, get your annoying boyfriend away from me. he's disturbing me and i can't finish watching my drama!" woohyun whines, trying to push myungsoo off the sofa. 

myungsoo pouts, whining, "i'm not even saying anything!" 

"your presence is distracting enough! now if you'd please go away, i'd like to finish two more episodes." 

sungyeol snorts, "myungsoo, you're annoying. leave woohyun alone." 

myungsoo huffs in defeat, still pouting slightly as he slides off the sofa and joins sungyeol at the dining table, sitting beside him. 

"i can't believe you called me annoying, i'm your boyfriend." myungsoo complains as he elbows sungyeol's ribs. 

"good boyfriends always say the truth." sungyeol retorts as he bumps his shoulder against myungsoo's, almost causing him to fall off the chair. 

"you're a good boyfriend? your definition of good must be really wrong." myungsoo mutters as he hits sungyeol's leg with his knee, jutting out his bottom lip, clearly sulking.

sungyeol chuckles, damn myungsoo is the most endearing, adorable boyfriend ever. sungyeol moves his arm so it's touching myungsoo's, he slowly laces their fingers together, clutching onto myungsoo's hand tightly. 

"well then, how about i treat you to dinner to prove what a good boyfriend i am?" 

myungsoo snorts, but sungyeol sees the faint blush on his cheeks. 

"i mean, it's been awhile since we went out on a proper date. so, how about it?" 

"whatever," myungsoo mumbles, smiling as he leans his head to rest against sungyeol's shoulder. 

"don't act like you don't want to go, we both know you love the idea of me taking you out." sungyeol teases as he moves his thumb to lightly the back of myungsoo's hand. 

"shut up, sungyeol." 

and it's in moments like these in their relationship, when sungyeol teases and pokes fun at myungsoo but still shows his fondness towards him. they make myungsoo fall deeper in love with sungyeol, and make him never want to leave sungyeol's side.