Wary

Philophobia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two:

“Oh! Look at your face. You look so astonished with the announcement!”

Seolhyun, who previously announced that she is Jungkook’s girlfriend, laughed so loud that she caught everyone’s attention inside the diner. Why is she laughing anyway? Is she making fun of me? Does she know I am Jungkook’s ex-girlfriend?

“Han Seolhyun, why are you here?” In Hye groaned in protest.

Seolhyun forcefully grabbed my hand to shake it twice and then let go of it then looked at In Hye from afar. “Jungkook oppa said that the Swiss girl will be coming home today. He was so ecstatic! So I knew I had to know you, since hearing just your name excites him.”

“Seol…” Jungkook could only sigh. Did I even hear that right? Why does Seolhyun looked so calm then? If she is the girlfriend, she could have possibly strangled me to death, but she did not.

“Jimin did not lie when he said you’re pretty.” She added.

“When did I lie?” Jimin laughed nervously as he gave me a glance.

Seolhyun mockingly pointed her index finger at him, “When you said it was your ex-girlfriend who broke up with you two months ago. I still think it’s you who broke with her.”

Jimin rolled his eyes, “What do you know about relationships, anyway.”

“Seol, you’re supposed to meet your father.”

Jungkook walked towards Seolhyun’s side and looked at her. The girl looks at her wrist watch and exclaimed, “Shoot, yes!”

She handed me the bouquet of flowers and said, “Jungkook oppa always picks the best flowers. He always buy them for his mother, that exact bouquet, and I think that’s sweet.” She sobbed jokingly, “Are you his girlfriend, perhaps?”

What is wrong with this girl?

“Seol.” Jungkook spoke firmly, “You should go now.”

Seolhyun rolled her eyes playfully at him, “I know, I know. Someday you’ll be giving me a better bouquet than that. Don’t be so excited to be my boyfriend.”

The girl giggled and waved her hand as she left the diner. We all watched her leave. After that, my eyes went to look at Jungkook- who was already looking at me.

“She’s not my girlfriend.” He said, as if he was defending himself.

I know that within me, there was a pang of strong relief that ran through my system. I know that I was too happy to know that he is not dating Seolhyun, but maybe not because he have other girlfriend?

I mean, I am not supposed to be thinking if he’s single or not. Because I am not, and I am not supposed to open up with him again, to show him my weakness, and to show him that there’s this huge brick wall I have created inside me that when someone, especially Jungkook, has tried to break, it will immediately fall down and I’m sure I’d fall back to him.

That shouldn’t happen, I’d lose again just like three years ago. I can’t let my guard down.

“These are nice.” I smiled at the flowers placed above the bouquet Jimin gave me. “Thank you.”

I can sense how the both of us are at loss for words. The last time we actually saw each other was inside his car, the night we broke up. After that, we never met. But I was actually able to send him a letter before I leave for Switzerland. That was how my friends knew I left.

“Are you leaving?” he asked.

“Yes. Me and Jimin.” I answered without hesitation, but was totally surprised that I had to include Jimin- that was never the original plan.

“Where…”

“I don’t know. Where our feet would take us, maybe?” I felt guiltier. My unconscious self definitely wants to seek revenge and it is slowly happening.

Jimin and Jungkook had this intense eye contact battle with each other and I was about to stop them when Namjoon did. “Maybe we should all sit together.”

“I can’t.” I blurted while my heart shouts, ‘I don’t think I can. I can’t act all normal around Jungkook. My feelings simply can’t.’ “I have to leave.”

“I just got here.” Jungkook sounded like he was pleading for me to stay.

“And we’re just about to leave.” Jimin countered, simply winning the battle.

“Okay, stop it you two.” Jin walked in between them. Have they always been like this since I left? Jin looked at me and smiled, “Hyesoo, you don’t really have to leave. You know, Seolhyun always follow Jungkook around everywhere, so we thought you seeing her with him will make it… awkward.”

I admired how Jin decided to say that in a very respecting manner, but all the explanations are too late. I wanted to leave and that’s final. I smiled back at him, “Maybe I’ll invite you all in my apartment.” I looked at Jimin. “You stay here.”

“But-”

“-I’ll be fine, let’s go out some other time.” I told him.

“You no longer live in your house?” Eun Mi asked.

I only smiled. No one in this room, except Jungkook, knew where my apartment was. I have decided to live there since that place is near the university I will be attending.

“Take off your blind fold!”

“Christ, finally!” After an hour of being bling folded after our class, Jungkook has finally told me to take off the damned blind fold he placed on me because he had this ‘surprise’ which excites and irritates me at the same time. He knew too well how I love surprises but doesn’t want to wait for long, and that I have to wear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter