Prologue

Philophobia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue

“So, you’re not going to talk about how sulky you are at the lounge?” Jungkook kept his gaze on the steering wheel he was grasping on really hard. It was thirty minutes before eight and we went home earlier than the usual. He had to pull me away from our friends to leave. He was fuming mad and I have no idea why. However, Jungkook’s mother sent me a message asking me if her son is fine.

“Fine.” I spoke as I struggled with unbuckling the seat belt, but it was only a pretend. I was trying to act cute, it is something that Jungkook cannot resist. How many times have we been like this? A hundred times, maybe. Ever since we’ve been together as a couple, we had several petty fights, sometimes petty being disastrous. Most of the time it was all because of misunderstanding, and sometimes it was because of jealousy that he alone feels. I do get jealous but I never really make it an issue between the two of us. In fact, I have been the most supportive and loyal girlfriend that I would ever be because I know he needs that with everything that is happening with his family, especially with how his father is treating his mother. Despite all these problems, I still love him and I do not want us to end up where I will leave him, just like how Hae Ra left.

Tired and unsure of how to draw his attention to me, I unbuckled my seatbelt and sighed, “I’ll see you tomorrow.” I leaned to kiss his cheek, I almost felt like he was trying to move away from me. “I love you.” I reminded him before I move to leave the car. But before I could even do, he spoke of something that I never thought would come out of his nor my mouth.

“Hyesoo, let’s break up.”

I froze. I stopped moving and I suddenly felt dumb on how to regain my right senses. Did I hear it right? I know we tend to fight a lot but isn’t that normal? As long as we care for each other, isn’t that the most important thing? Why is he blurting out things that he knows we both will regret after? Did he have a fight with his father?

“Jungkook…”

“Let’s break up.” He repeated with much confidence, like I will not even be affected at all.

“What are you thinking? Did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter