Christmas

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm sorry for not updating for so long, I'm not abandoning this story it just this chapter took me so long to write.

It's a typical afternoon, Jimin and Jungkook are in the library studying (more like Jungkook is studying and Jimin is trying every possible way to distract him). Taehyung joins them sometime later.

 

"Something bothering you?" Jimin asks as Taehyung takes a seat across from him. Taehyung isn't good at hiding his feelings and Jimin can clearly tell that his bestfriend is a little stressed.

 

"Yea, kind of." Taehyung says, "Jungkook-ah, what is something that Jin hyung really really really love?"

 

Jungkook raises a curious eyebrow at Taehyung.

 

"I want to give him something special for Christmas." Taehyung explains, "But I really don't know what I should get for him." he ruffles his hair in frustration.

 

"You don't even know what your bofriend likes? Shame on you." Jimin teases Taehyung.

 

"Shut up. Do you even know Jungkook's favourite color?" Taehyung fires back.

 

"I..." Jimin pouts, he really doesn't know the younger's favourite color. They just never mentioned anything about it.

 

Jungkook chuckles, he wraps an arm around Jimin's waist to pull him closer and places a gentle kiss on his temple, "Red." he whispers. Since they started dating, Jungkook became more open up with Jimin and Jimin finds out that the younger isn't really shy about initiate affectionate gestures like this toward Jimin in public. Actually, Jungkook just feels really comfortable as long as he's with Jimin.

 

Jimin blushes and leans into Jungkook, mumbles, "I was going to say black and white, it's just that you don't own that man things in red."

 

Jungkook smiles at Jimin lovingly, "I like black and white a lot, so you do know me really well, hyung."

 

Taehyung makes fake vomit sound, "Hey, you and Jin hyung made out in front of us before!" Jimin glares at him.

 

Jungkook giggles and says, "Okay, back to the topic, so what does Jin hyung really love." Jungkook thinks for a moment, "Besides you, Jin hyung really loves Mario. He even owns Mario action figure collections. It's really not your fault that you don't know about it, he just doesn't like telling people about it since it's kind of embarrassing."

 

"But he already have the collections, then what should I give to him?" Jungkook just shrugs, "Ughh, I will figure out something." Taehyung groans.

 

"You know, you can just wrap your self in ribbons and he will definitely like that." Jimin says.

 

Taehyung almost throws his bag at Jimin, almost.

 

~~ * ~~

 

"Hyung, do you want to pick me up and we can go to my place, spend the Christmas eve together." Jungkook asks, there is still some time before he needs to go back to work so he calls Jimin.

 

"Of course, when do you finish?" Jimin asks. He was a little disappointed when he heard that Jungkook has work on the Christmas eve, but he can still spend Christmas with Jungkook so he didn't bother to convince the younger to not work on Christmas eve.

 

"Eight."

 

"I will be there, see you Kookie." the nickname makes Jungkook blush a little. Jungkook never tells Jimin how much he loves when the elder call him that, especially when Jimin says it, it's almsot with so much love.

 

Jimin gets to the cafe exactly at eight, the close sign is shinning on the door and Jimin can't see anything fromt the outside. Jimin isn't really sure if he can just go in, so he is hesitating outside the door when Jungkook opens it from the inside and pulls him in.

 

The cafe is dark, there's only a ray of light shinning on the stage in the centre of the cafe.

 

However, under the dim light, Jimin can still see Jungkook's cute little smile.

 

"Hyung." Jungkook calls out softly and hug Jimin tightly, "I miss you."

 

Jimin can't even stop himself from grinning, he loves hearing the younger saying thing like "I miss you".

 

"We literally just saw each other yesterday."

 

Jungkook doesn't  say anything as he pulls away and holds Jimin's hand to lead him to a seat right in front of the stage. Jungkook motions Jimin to sit down and Jimind oes so, looks at Jungkook in confusion.

 

"I have something to show you." Jungkook explains as he sits down on the stool on the stage and settles his guitar on his lap. "A Christmas gift."

 

Jimin sits comfortably in his seat and smiles at Jungkook; he notices the faint blush on the younger's cheeks as he looks down and clears his throat before he starts singing.

 

사실은 첨 봤을 때 부터 그댈 좋아했다고

Actually after our first meeting saying I like you

말하기가 내겐 참 어려웠던거죠

Isn’t something easy for me

먼저 연락하지 않으면 그댈 놓칠까봐

If I don’t make a move on you first, I’m afraid I will miss you

글자를 쓰고 또 보고 지우길 반복했죠

I wrote a letter and prepared a little present

 

Jimin recognizes the song almost immediately, I'm in Love by Ra. D, a song he really likes. Jungkook's angelic voice accompanied with acoustic guitar gives the sound a different feeling. The fact that Jungkook is singing for him, only him gives him the butterfly feeling.

 

깊어지면 상처뿐일거라는 생각에

At the thought that it will just hurt if it gets deeper

두려움이 앞선 건 사실이지만

It’s true that i stand in front of fear

간절한 맘으로 기도하고 바랬던 사람이

But the person I pray and hope for with an earnest heart

그대라고 난 믿어요

I believe that person is you

 

Jungkook is holding eye contact with Jimin the entire time when he is singing and Jimin realizes that Jungkook is trying to convey his emtion through the song, the lyrics says what he is always afraid of telling Jimin.

 

I’m in love , I fall in love

두렵진 않네요 그대와 함께라면

Don’t know what to do to hide my heart

세상은 너무 아름답죠

You are too beautiful

 

I thought I never gonna fall in love

But I’m in love

Cuz I wanna love you baby

사실은 첨 봤을 때 부터 내 맘속으로 부터

Actually from the first time I met you, somewhere deep in my heart

그댄 파도처럼 밀려 들어 온통 하루 종일 그대만 떠올려 

You crashed like a strong wave, you are the only thing in my mind all day

I can be a good lover Wanna be your 네잎clover

I can be a good lover, wanna be your four-leafed clover

세상에서 가장 행복한 여자가 된 것만 같아요

 

그댄 gotta believe me

Make you never gonna leave me

의심하진 않을래요 그댈 믿을께요

I promise that I’m not gonna be suspicious, I will just show it to you.

 

Jimin is in tears by the end of the song, tears of happiness. Jungkook kneels in front of Jimin and cups his face, gently brushes away the tears that are rolling down his boyfriend's cheeks, Jimin leans into his touch instantly.

 

"Hyung, I'm never good at expressing myself with words and this song says everything that I want to tell you. So I thought I could sing it to you to express my feelings." Jungkook explains while looking at Jimin lovingly, "I love you, hyung." Jungkook wanted to say that three words to Jimin for a long time now.

 

Smile blossoms on Jimin's face, Jimin's beautiful eye-smile, the smile that lights up Jungkook's world. "I know, Kookie, I know." Jimin raises his own hand to hold Jungkook's hand, "I love you too."

 

Jungkook leans in to kiss Jimin's plump, soft lips and they share a passionate kiss, "The best Christmas gift ever." Jimin says when he pulls away.

 

"There's something more." Jungkook says.

 

"What are you..." Jimin stops talking when he sees snow falling in the cafe, "It's snowing." Jimin stands up, mesmorized by the view, he stretches out his hands to try to catch the fake snowflakes, eyes still beaming with tears. Jimin is so beautiful.

 

"How did you..." Jimin turns to look at Jungkook after a while and asks.

 

"Snow machine. The owner of the cafe is really close to me, so he lend it to me." Jungkook says, "You did say that all you wanted is a white Christmas."

 

Jimin doesn't even know how can he express how touched he is and how thankful he is. He pulls Jungkook in a tight hug and keeps whispering "I love you" and "thank you" to Jungkook.

 

~~ * ~~

 

 

Jimin opens the curtain and completely amazed by the snow-covered landscape outside. Apparently it was snowing the whole night.

 

“Hyung, what are you doing, it’s so early.” Jungkook who is still in bed, half asleep, whines and tries to block the sun by covering his eyes with his arm.

 

Jimin walks toward the bed with a wide grin and sits down on the bed, gently pushes away his boyfriend’s arm from his face, “It’s already 11 o’ clock, sleepyhead. Time to get up.” Jungkook opens his eyes and blinks few times to adjust to the bright light. However, instead of getting up, he moves toward Jimin until he rests his head on Jimin’s lap, arms wrap around Jimin’s small waist. He nuzzles against his stomach; Jimin chuckles and runs his fingers through Jungkook’s fluffy, soft hair affectionately. 

 

“Never knew you can be this clingy.” Jimin teases Jungkook.

 

“Shut up.” Jungkook mumbles.

 

“Come on, get up now.” Jimin says warmly, “It’s snowing outside.”

 

“It’s snowing?!” Jungkook shots up from his lying position. 

 

“Yea, do you want to go out and play?”

 

“Yes, yes!” Jungkook nods enthusiastically like a little kid.

 

“Wow you are more excited than me, come on, get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter