And So It Happens...

Peeking Over The Edge

Key's POV

I woke up the next morning, and Jonghyun was asleep next to me. I threw off the covers and sat up. I looked over my shoulder and my face settled in a small smirk. Jonghyun looked so peaceful when he was sleeping. I didn't want to wake him, but I had no choice. Since I had to wake him up for school, I figured I might as well have some fun doing it. I climbd on top of him and put my face in front of his.

"Jjongie...Jjongie, wake up," I said in a slight sing-song voice.

His eyes fluttered open and he jumped as if I'd stabbed him.

"YAH!!!"

I rolled off of him, laughing.

"Yah, Kibummie! Why did you do that?" He pouted.

"It's almost time for school, and you weren't up. Get dressed!"

"Yah, fine!"

What happened next completley took my breath away. He pulled his shirt over his head and tossed it on the floor. I took a deep breath and ran my fingers through my dark hair with hot pink stripes. It was a recent change. Jonghyun quickly pulled on a shirt and tossed one to me.

"Your shirts all wrinkled. Wear that. Ypu can wear my leather jacket with it."

I looked at the shirt. It was primary red with the words "Frying Pan" printed across it. Jonghyun didn't speak english, so probally didn't know what it meant. I, on the other hand, spoke fluent english. I couldn't help but wonder why the hell the words "Frying Pan" would be printed on a shirt. I quickly pulled it on, took the leather jacket from the doorknow, grabbed my bag and bounded down the stairs.

When I got downstairs, Jonghyun was standing by the door, a thoughtful expression on his face. I walked up and poked his nose. His face snapped back to the present and he smiled. He opened the door and I stepped out. The air was a bit frigid, but the sun instantly warmed my body. That, and the fact that Jonghyun's arm was wrapped tightly around my shoulders. I smiled and turned to face him. He pecked me on the lips and I complied. I heard a voice from across the street. There was a mother walking with her small daughter.

"Umma, what are those boys doing?"

"Nothing, Se Kyung. They are doing nothing."

The woman shot them a piercing glare as she walked away with her daughter.

Jonghyun turned pale and I could feel my face grow warm with embarassment. That was certainly unexpected. Before we entered school, I heard a few whistles coming from some lugs that went to our school across the parking lot. We saw a group of boys, five of them, make their way across the parking lot. I froze, unsure of what was happening. Jonghyun tied to urge me along, but I was frozen. The boys closed in and one spoke.

"Well, well well. Look what we have here. Two fags showing affection. How grossly WRONG."

He practically spit the word wrong in my face. Jonghyun took my arm from around me. He pointed at the boy.

"Look. We don't want any trouble, and I don't know you. I would much rather we just go our seperate ways."

The boy sneered.

"Not gonna happen."

He slapped me across the face, sending me reeling in pain. I saw Jonghyun strike at the boy, and the boy jumped on him. I tried to push him off, but I was hit and punched by the other boys. A few minutes later, the bell rang and the boys climbed off of us. We were both bloody and bruised and nearly unconcious. I hardly registered the final painful kick to my side, I was so numb.

"ing fags," one boy said.

He spat on us and the lot of them went into school.

I crawled over to Jonghyun, and the motion caused me and infinate amount of pain. When I saw his face, I almost broke. It was bruised and bloody, his nose seemed to be broken, and the was a huge cut on his lip. I started to cry. I pulled out my studded phone, and found the screen was cracked and most of the rhinestones had fallen off. I shakily dialed 9-1-1.

"9-1-1, what's your emergency?"

"M-me and my b-boyfriend w-were b-beaten," I got out between shaky sobs.

"Sir, calm down. Where are you located?"

"S-sm H-high S-scool."

"Hold on sir. Help is on the way."

I dropped my phone and my head swirled. The last thing I remember was Jonghyun's figers curling tightly around mine, and that's when the world around me disappeared. I don't remember much after that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know, I know, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!!! I feel so bad for doing this, but I felt like I needed it to not be totally peaches and gravy. I needed a problem, and this was the best I could come up with. I hoped you like it, and please don't kill me for hurting Jjongie and Kibummie!

Mooey<3