So. Tired.

Peeking Over The Edge

Key's POV:

 

I caught Jonghyun right before he hit the ground. I was kinda freaking out. I picked him up and carried him back to my house. More like dragged him back to my house. I could barley lift him. When we got back, I set him on the couch and put a damp cloth on his head. I grabbed his phone from his back pocket and scrolled through his contacts. I found the by he was with earlier. Minho. I’d heard Taemin talk about him before. I quickly dialed his number. A groggy voice answered the phone.

“Jjong? Why the are you calling me this late?”

Key looked at his watch. 12:00 . Whoops. I hadn’t realized how late it was.

“This is Key, the guy who knocked over Jjongie, er, Jonghyn today. He fell on his way home and passed out from the sight of blood. Could you maybe come get him? I don’t have a car.”

“Sure. What’s your address?”

“3021 Willow Street Way,”

“Ok, I’ll be there in a minute.”

Key hung up the phone and put it back in Jonghyun’s pocket. He looked at Jjongie’s face. He looked so peaceful and beautiful when he was sleeping. His skin was flawless and creamy. His hair was wild, but it seemed to suit him. I put a hand on his face.

“Why did I only meet you today?”

Jonghyun's POV:

When I woke up, I was in the front seat of a car and my head was throbbing.

“Key?”

“Nope. Guess again.”

I rubbed my eyes.

"Minho. What happened?"

“Key called to tell me that you passed out. His car was stolen a few weeks ago, so he couldn’t drive you home.”

I looked out the window. It was pitch black and the moon was bright and full.

“Oh, my god, Minho! What time is it?!”

“Around 1:00”

“OH MY GOD, MY MOM IS GONNA ING KILL M…”

“JJONG! CHILL! I already called her. Your fine.”

I let out a big whoosh of relief. I suddenly felt very tired.

Last thing I remember was Minho helping him up the stairs, and falling into bed.

 

Jonghyun's POV

The next day at school, I was So. ing. Tired. I could barley keep my eyes open. All during class, I stared at the clock, waiting for the lunch bell to ring.

After a painfully long 45 minutes, the bell finally rang.  I headed out to the blacktop, bee lining for my favorite tree. Minho was playing soccer, so I had this lunch break to take a nap. Just as I closed my eyes, I heard someone yelling.

“Hey, Jjongie! Can I sit with you?”

My eyes flew open. My heart pounded. I knew that voice anywhere.

Key.

I was wide awake now.