Stay Away From Jjongie!

Peeking Over The Edge

 

Key's POV

I walked into the bathroom to grab some bandages. Jonghyun was seated on the couch in the living room. I checked myself in the mirror. My soft brown hair was a little tousled and my green shirt was askew. I quickly moved my hair back into place and fixed my shirt so it hung evenly off both shoulders.

“Key! Are you ok?” I heard Jonghyun call from the other room.

“Yeah! I’ll be there in a minute!”

I walked out to see Jonghyun sprawled out on the floor, rolling around. He reminded me of a little puppy. He was cute like one too.

“Jjongie, sit on the couch. I gotta wrap your ankle.”

He looked up at me, cocking his head slightly. Once again, he’s such a cute puppy!

“Jjongie? Did you just make it up?”

I flashed a smile, covering up the blush on my face.

“Yup. I’m gonna call you that from now on, okay?”

He stood on one foot and hopped back to the couch.

“Yeah, okay.”

I bent down and picked up his ankle.

“Now, it might hurt, so just hold still, okay?”

He bit his lip.

“Is it going to bleed?”

I shook my head.

“No.”

He let out a big breath.

“Okay, good. I hate blood. Now, go ahead and wrap it.”

I looked up at him, my face obviously showing sarcastic confu sion. He was put on defensive.

“What?!”

I smiled. He was so cute when he was upset.

“Nothing, nothing.”

So, after I wrapped his ankle, I lent him some crutches. As he left the house, I realized I hadn’t gotten his number!

“Wait, Jjongie! I need your phone number!”

He tossed me his phone.

“Put yours in. I’ll text you.”

I entered in my number, but not before I looked at his screen saver. It was a picture of a younger Jonghyun, 13 maybe, on a stage. He was singing into a microphone. He looked like he was having a blast. Key opened the contacts list and entered a new number.

“So, do you like to sing?”

He looked up, obviously confused.

“I, um, saw your screen saver. You were, um, singing.”

He scratched his neck.

“Yeah, I guess. That was a long time ago…”

He blushed really deeply, and I decided not to push the matter.

“So, I’ll call you. Maybe we can hang out sometime.”

I smiled.

“Okay, Jjongie! Bye bye!”

I closed the door behind him, my heart still fluttering in my chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonghyun's POV:


As I walked, no, hobbled home from Key’s house, I wondered if he knew I still loved to sing.

“I can’t tell ANYONE. I’m a jock! I can’t sing, no matter how much I want to!”

As I walked down the street, I ran into a few girls from my school.

“Hey, Jjongie!”

“Jesus! Why is everyone calling me that today?”

The girl and her friends had straight black hair and were still wearing their school uniforms. They had managed to roll up the skirt extremely short and wore lace leggings underneath. I rolled my eyes. I always ran into girls on the street at the most inconvenient times! Then again, with girls like these, the time was always inconvenient time, if you know what I’m saying.

“Oh no! Jjongie, what happened to your ankle? Did you get a boo-boo?

The girl batted her eyelashes and stuck out her bottom lip. Jonghyun sighed.

“Not this girl again.”

“Look, Mi Yung, that ain’t cute. Now, I need to get home before I die of pain. Excuse me.”

But Mi Yung had never given up that easily.

“Do you want me to kiss it better?”

“No! Mi Yung, go away!”

She stepped forward and kissed me, just like that. I couldn’t exactly go anywhere, since I was on crutches. So I just fell backward. I must’ve hit my head on the pavement, cause I remember a terrible headache. I heard a yell, but it wasn’t from Mi Yung. It was a boy, I think. I looked up and saw familiar clothing: purple jeans, green shirt, yellow jacket.

“Oh look,” I heard Mi Yung sneer. “It’s the little . How’s your little boyfriend, Taemin?”

“Boyfriend? Whoa, whoa, whoa, what am I missing here?!”

“He’s not my boyfriend, and Jonghyun isn’t yours, .”

Mi Yung laughed.

“He’s not yours either, tard.”

Key laughed.

“Oh, look. The fat knows how to swear. Now get out of here before I go all Tae Kwan Doe on your .”

“Fine. But this isn’t over, . I’ll be back. And you better keep watch on your pretty little boyfriend. You know what my girls do to misbehaving fairy princesses, such as yourself.”

And with that, she walked away. Key rushed over to me.

“Jjongie! Are you ok?!”

“Yeah, I’m okay.”

I felt the back of my head. I looked at my hand. It was covered in blood.

Then I out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awwwww... Poor Jjongie! That girls a isn't she? At least Key came to the rescue! But Jjongie really doesn't like blood...

Sorry if it's too short. I promise I'll update soon!!!

Please, please, PLEASE subscribe!

20 subscribers by the end at least!

Love you gais!

Mooey <3