Birthday Special

The Underground City

To say I was furious was an understatement. I was beyond and over. What my idiotic siblings have done made everything harder for me to keep myself at bay and not blow my identity. Did they not understand me when I said I didn’t want them barging in on my life?! IT didn’t even seem like Baekhyun knew about my siblings either when I thought he did know them. This is just great. Wonderful!

 

I thought I’d wait for Baekhyun down in the parking lot until I saw three familiar silhouettes run away from his apartment building. Their masks gave them away and I’m glad no one really saw anything or else another commotion is going to happen that I didn’t expect and want. I quickly walked into the building and went to the elevators of the place while calling Baekhyun. It dawned on me when I realized I don’t even know what number his complex is. Much less the floor number too! Luckily enough he picked up right when I entered the doors. He didn’t even say a word before I started ranting on about my siblings.

 

“Oh my ing god, please tell me they didn’t do any damage.”

 

There was a moment of silence before I heard him let out a breath and begin talking.

 

“What are you talking about? How do you know there was a break in?”

 

I pressed one of the buttons, hoping it was his floor number. When I heard his reply, I didn’t even dare to calm myself down. in the background, I heard minimal shuffling and some voices before I heard something click.

 

“They what?! I wasn’t even thinking they broke in. Oh my god, I’m so sorry Baek! Did anyone get hurt? Are you ohkay? What did they break? I’ll pay for it.”

 

The dings of the elevator made me more impatient than ever. Why am I getting so worked up over this anyhow? I should be used to this. It’s something I expect from the stupid twin brothers of mine. Sometimes Min Kyung, but more of the twins.

 

I heard his deep chuckle that sounded so y and it made my heart beat a little and made my stomach churn weirdly. Ugh, there it goes again. My weird nerves are doing those suspicious movements. I bit my lip from trying to curse my heart for doing that.

 

“I’m fine, Jae. No one was hurt. They just broke our screen door to the balcony. It’s nothing. Suho Hyung can replace it any time.”

 

I could clearly tell he emphasized my name in a teasing tone and I blushed in embarrassment. I knew he only did that because I called him a nickname. I shouldn’t be getting close with this guy to go on nickname basis. It’d be too much.. And troublesome. The elevator finally made it’s last ding when he asked me what the background noise on my side was. The next second later, we were face to face with each other and I couldn’t help to notice we matched our outfits. His fitted dress shirt and skinny jeans matched my long sleeved crop top and high waisted skinny jeans. He wore a gold watch and I wore golden rings on my fingers. My hair was curled loosely and his was swept to the side, still in a nice messy manner.

 

The two of us blinked at each other before he smiled slightly and walked into the elevator. Being the dumb I was, I still had my phone up to my ears and moved to the side to let him in. He had his phone already in his pocket by the time he stepped in. I quickly put it away and we stood in silence as we went back down to the main floor of the parking lot. Which reminded me..

 

“You’re going to have to drive to my house by the way. The one in the Underground City.”

 

I turned to him and he looked back with his head tilted to the side and a confused look on his face. I told him that we has no need to walk into the path since it’d create something I don’t want to deal with. and because it’s on the farther side of the area. And I know us girls like to be fashionable but I am not walking in these heels for a long time.

 

He made no comments about it and just nodded. It became awkward even as we reached the parking lot. I walked at a much slower pace, lagging being him by and inch. As I saw the car, I ran for it to quickly get inside and escape the silence had however I didn’t expect him to open the door for me. I stared a little dumbfounded with my mouth agape but recovered quickly before he thought I went into some mental state which I did.

 

The drive was short and not even the music was taking away that odd feeling aside form the short directions I told him. My heart kept palpitating faster whenever I glanced at him and he caught my eye. There was a shock between our fingers when we both wanted to change the station. This has to be my most annoying company ever in history. Like, what is this?? I am never this nervous or weird feeling or any of the things that happen when I’m with this guy.

 

Before I could internally fight myself, I saw my house several yards away and I felt, again, a nostalgic feeling overflow my body. I’ve been back here a couple times ever since I moved to SMTown. And before I moved there, I was always out in other places so I never really stayed at home. I remember all the good times back in the house when my siblings and I were just so small and we barely knew anything about the underground world, gangsters, and all those other dangers. It was a good time.

 

I told Baekhyun to park in the driveway, which is where I saw Mr. Lee, our butler. He walked over to the car and I immediately got out to hug the man. He was like another father to me and the exact opposite of my biological father. While he was calm and serious, he was playful and loud. It’s not that my father is just all serious though. He has his soft spots for us and it just takes time to open him up with other people.

 

“Well if it isn’t my favorite girl!”

 

“Uncle Lee! I’ve missed you so much!”

 

“Haha. Good to see you, AJ. And who is this fine gentlemen?”

 

I wanted to snort at the words ‘fine gentlemen’ but Baekhyun already caught my glare as if he knew I was going to make a gesture against the words.

 

“This is Baekhyun, my-”

 

“Ah! The Baekhyun as in your boyfriend, right? Min Kyung has told us a bit about him.”

 

I grumbled at my sister’s antics and denied the false words with a whine. Once again, he is not my boyfriend! Uncle Lee chuckled along with Baekhyun and I wanted to facepalm myself. Did I really just show my childish side to this dork? Ugh.

 

We were escorted inside and everything was like how it was before all those years ago. Except with a little additions like the curves of the staircase and the chandeliers. Baekhyun was amazed by the decor in each room we passed. Appa always liked having a different color theme for each room that was still in the same sequence of the classic decor colors. It matched well altogether.

 

We eventually made it to the dining room where I saw Min Kyung setting up the table and one of my brothers placing the dinner on the table. The other half was most likely preparing the food while Appa was cooking. i decided not to disturb them so I went over to the two siblings of mine.

 

“Unnie! You came. And you brought Baekhyun Oppa.”

 

Min Kyung smiled gracefully as she hugged me and Baekhyun. If I didn’t know her, I would’ve of thought she was honestly sincere. But I can see that tiny smirk in there with the playful glint in her eyes. She grabbed the plate off of my brother’s hands and set them down on the table and dragged him over to us. He hugged me with a playful smile of his own and smirked towards Baekhyun. I felt nervous all of a sudden because of the incident earlier. Baekhyun seemed to recognize the the pair quickly and stepped back.

 

“I take it that you remember us now. Pleased to be acquainted with you. I’m Hyung Jae, the elder one.”

 

He stuck out a hand for him to shake and Baekhyun only glanced at it. Hyung Jae chuckled and said he won’t hurt him. Slowly, he shook his hand and retracted it back to his side after a second. He went to go announce to Appa and his other half that we’ve arrived. Not a moment later, the second half of the pair came running to me with a tight hug. I smiled and greeted him a hug as well.

 

“Oh my god! Noona, you’re finally here. Gahhh, I’m so excited to see you after so long. And of course, this man is Baekhyun. Hello Hyung! I’m Myung Jae, the younger half.”

 

He smiled sincerely and gave a hug to Baekhyun as well. He looked a little surprised at the personality difference between the twins but welcomed him into an awkward hug anyhow. Myung Jae stood back and placed his arm over Hyung Jae’s shoulders with a smug smile while looking at me. I gave him the finger when Appa showed up with nice casual formal attire as well.

 

“Goodness, there’s my precious daughter. How are you, princess?”

 

I blushed at the sudden name and playfully whacked his arm before hugging him. The corners of his eyes wrinkled, giving off his little eye smile. When we parted, he took a look at Baekhyun and asked who he was.

 

“Appa, this is Baekhyun, my ne-”

 

“Ah, that boyfriend of yours Min was talking about.”

 

I literally wanted to slap myself and my younger sister for spouting such nonsense that was not true. I groaned loudly and was in my own world wondering why it was me of all people.

 

“For goodness sake’s! Will no one let me finish my sentence?? He’s not my boyfriend!”

 

My family laughed at my behaviour and even Baekhyun, that dimwit himself. Should he be laughing? That idiot is the cause for all this. I wanted to knock the guy on the head unconscious but Appa interrupted and made us sit for dinner. I let it go and sat by the head of the house’s seat which was Appa’s seat. Baekhyun sat across from me and Myung Jae sat beside me, Hyung Jae beside Baekhyun and Min Kyung opposite of Appa. We dug into the food, My family talking about random things that’s been happening in the UC and in their own personal lives. Baekhyun and I stayed silent throughout this whole dinner, though I did reply vaguely to some questions. Near the end of dinner, Appa asked about Baekhyun precisely.

 

“So, Baekhyun was it? How’d you meet my daughter?”

 

Please let me die, dear lord. Is every father embarrassing? I mean, come on. Why that question of all things? Baekhyun glanced at me before responding after I gave him a nod.

 

“She lives in the apartment building next door. One of my friends go to school with her. We were introduced”

 

Appa looked a little suspicious but didn’t hold onto it. He simply nodded and didn’t ask anything else. It put Baekhyun in an awkward position because he didn’t know if he said something wrong. I just mouthed to him that everything is all fine.

 

When everyone finished dinner, I helped put away the dishes and wrapping up any left overs. The twins were lazy as usual so they went to go into the living room and watch TV. Min Kyung started washing the dishes and Baekhyun stood in between the living room and the kitchen. Appa passed by and told Baekhyun to follow him. We looked at each other right away but I trusted my father not to do anything too bad so I nodded my head to where my father left and told him to go. He took one last look at me before nodding himself and followed him. I sighed and continued wrapping up the leftovers before helping Min Kyung with the dishes.

 

“He’ll be fine, Unnie. Appa won’t hurt him. You know that.”

 

Of course I knew that. It wasn’t that I was worried about what he’s going to do, but what he is going to say. Some things are supposed to be left unsaid.

 

“I know. It’s just my first time bringing someone over. It’s a change.”

 

Min Kyung paused her washing and then resumed again. She told me nothing is going to change, not ever.

 

 


 

Baekhyun

 

Anh Jae’s father brought me to his study up on the second floor. To say I am amazed at his study is way far from what I actually feel. The room was unbelievably huge. Books were side by side on the shelves from floor to ceiling. How does he even reach those? On the far end was a wall of just glass that viewed the city of Seoul. The night lights were sparkling and you could even hear the sounds of the engines of cars.

 

Mr. Cho sat in his desk in front of the window and gestured for me to take a seat. His hand were folded and he looked at me in a way that made me shift on my seat from side to side. His gaze was intimidating. I coughed out of nervousness and he started to laugh, the echoes of it bouncing from wall to wall.

 

“Don’t be so scared, son. Relax. Aren’t gangster supposed to be strong and fearless?”

 

I started to loosen up when he gave a fatherly smile to me.. Huh, never thought I’d see one of those again.

 

Mr. Cho leaned back in his chair with a smile.

 

“Tell me, son. My daughter is a tough girl, no doubt. What made you interested in her?”

 

“Interested?”

 

I asked, confusing laced around my voice.

 

“You know. Associate, interact. I know for a fact she rarely opens up to people. More or less bring them to meet her own family. You are in fact the first company of hers to come here. And don’t lie to me, Byun Baekhyun. I’ve kept my eye on you the moment you started talking to her.”

 

I was left speechless. He kept tabs on me? What? I was stuttering out a response I didn’t know how to answer. What got me attached? Well, at first I did want to just watch out for her because her identity was dangerous. Then it eventually made me more comfortable around her that I didn’t know what my objective was.

 

“Anh Jae piqued my interest. She’s.. unique.”

 

I saw the smile on his face appear slightly. It seemed.. Bittersweet.

 

“I haven’t heard anyone call her by her real name in a long time. It was either Nari or AJ. Never just Anh Jae.”

 

I didn't know what to say after. What did he mean by that? I watched nervously as he sat in silence while zoning out to the window he was turned to. I wiped the sweat of my palms on my jeans and my lips. I wanted to ask some questions but I didn't know if I could. This is the man that could possibly be my worst nightmare. I mean, he is Anh Jae’s father. Why wouldn't I be afraid? Or anyone for that matter.

 

It terrified me to ask about the history between SMTown and the Underground City. Would he hate me forever and even secretly watch over me to make sure I didn't do anything to threaten him? I don't know what to feel.

 

“You have something to ask me. The look on your face depicts everything.”

 

The deep tone of his voice made me jump a little in my seat. I could see the small smirk at the corner of his lips. That's when I knew he knows what power he has over me.

 

I coughed to get rid of the stuttering in my voice however it did nothing to my benefits. He said it himself. Don't be scared. If I can fight other gangs within seconds, I don't need to be scared.

 

“Can I ask about.. The history between here and SMTown?”

 

My eyes shut quickly, not wanting to see the reaction from him. One of the only reasons was because this was a forbidden topic. Many people in SMTown wondered why we couldn't ask or speak about it. The only ones who knew of the history fully were the older generation who are most likely living with their own families in other countries. The people who tried to ask about the situation received severe punishments for unknown reasons.

 

No one knew why the boss kept it a secret and would become sour every time someone asked. Eventually, everyone learned to not ask and stayed silent. Although, we knew in the back of our minds, we were still curious.

 

“That boss of yours doesn't educate you all, huh? Typical, that Kim Youngmin.”

 

I was surprised he knew our boss’ name. It was a known fact that the bosses of the four paths didn't know each other's name. Besides the Underground City of course because no one dared to find out. It was like setting up suicide.

 

“You know him?”

 

“Of course. That boy.. We were so little when we knew each other. He's changed over the years.”

 

This was some interesting information. I was purely curious now because I never knew the third and fourth path knew each other. As in whatever relationship they had.

 

“May I ask how? You don't have to if you want!”

 

I waved my hands and shook my head at the last statement when he gave a stern glance to me. He ended up laughing over my reaction and I could only state down in embarrassment. God, what has happened to me? I've softened way too much and now I'm scared like a baby.

 

“It’s so funny how his own gangsters are one of the fiercest yet scared to death people in this world. I told you to relax, son. I'm not gonna bite.”

 

I sigh in tiny bits of frustration. I looked at him and silently waited for a reply to my earlier questions.

 

He stood from his chair and walked two steps to the bookshelf next to his desk. He pulled out what looked like a three inch black journal. He walked back with a smile on his face, the eyes curving at the corner.

 

He sat back down and opened the journal to the first page. It was actually a scrapbook the inside was decorated in gold and silver writing and dated by years. The first photo was of two young men, probably at their young adult stages. They had an arm wrapped on the other's shoulders, a typical guy photo. They had wide grins on their faces showing the excitement they had in that moment.

“That’s when we were in our high school years as freshman. We became friends instantly.”

 

“My eyes bulged at the age he mentioned. They were only freshmen in high school? What?! They look too tall to be only first years. Damn those tall genes in people.

 

“It was nice at first to have a best friend that you could always count on and vice versa. But like any other problem between guys, a girl came in the picture.”

 

He turned to the next page and there was a photo dated back to almost thirty years ago. There was three people - Mr. Cho and Boss, and a girl. I assumed she was the person who created a problem between the two men. There some smaller photos of just the girl and Mr. Cho around the main one. Most of them looked to be romantic.

 

“Her name was Lee Eaong. As you can see, we fell in love. That was a couple years after Youngmin and I met her. She was the epitome of perfection.. I was lucky enough to even have her accept my feelings. But one day, I found my best friend had feelings for her too. Of course, being my girlfriend, I told him face to face that he should stop. At that point it became a war for us.”

 

He turned to the next page and it was his wedding photo on one side. The page beside it were multiple pictures of a baby as she grew up. My first guess was Anh Jae. She looked cute.

 

“He disappeared one day after graduation. Eaong and I immediately got married and had AJ. She was our treasure - our everything. It wasn’t long before my wife disappeared. I was broken down and not even AJ could heal me. I’m not the type of person to do irrational actions but that was the first and last time. It was when I decided to make a gang of my own. I remembered hearing stories of my grandfather and his days as a gang boss. I never thought I would take the same place as him but I did. I now understand the meaning behind what he said when he created a powerful bond. And it was a family. Two years passed and I already had the Underground City in my hands. People feared us. We were merciless for fighting the good. We weren’t the bad guys. We did what we needed to do in what we thought was right. During the two years I made my gang as my own family, I found out Youngmin had taken my wife in his own gang. She was forced out of her own will.”

 

He closed the scrapbook and left it to the side of his desk. He was laying back in his chair while staring longingly at the window. The look in his eyes were holding emotions that were unexplainable. I felt the need to say something but I couldn’t. What could I say? I had no experience to this and the information I’ve ever heard was false. The stories of how the Underground City kidnapped one our best gangsters were all fake. In fact, it was the other way around. We stole their person. A wife and mother at that.

 

“When I was finally able to get my wife back, it raised my family, both AJ and my gang members encouragement to become stronger. It wasn’t before long the rest of the children were born. Min Kyung and the twins grew up before we knew it. But during then, my wife was dying. She was sick for being treated poorly during those two years with Youngmin.”

 

My heart felt some what in pain. It was like a familiar feeling coming back to me. And it hurt ten times harder. I wasn’t the only one. Mr. Cho had the look of sadness and pain written all over his face.

 

The two of us were silent for a while and believe it or not, I felt comfortable this time. There was nothing to be afraid of, nothing to worry over so quickly. For the first time in my life, it felt like I was bonding with a father figure in my life.

 

When Anh Jae’s father spoke again, I was surprised. Really surprised.

 

“Baekhyun, my daughter may seem very overpowering but she’s just as fragile as a thin piece of ice. If anything, I could say everything about her is made of them. It’s easy to break her. She’ll put on a strong front but she cares.”

 

He stood back up from his chair and walked his way over to me. His hand patted my shoulder and he gave a small smile.

 

“Protect her, son. And I shall grant any favor you ask in return.”

 

 

 

 

I walked back down to the main floor where Anh Jae and her siblings were. Mr. Cho was in front me and stopped suddenly making me almost bump into him. I looked over his shoulder and found the four siblings sleeping tightly together on the couch with a movie on. I wanted to smile at the moment. It was like a part in life where every family desires to see their family all together, snuggled up and watching something on TV. Plus, it was honestly a cute sight to see. Min Kyung was literally laying over everyone. Myung Jae was slanted sitting on the edge of the couch with his palm under his jaw with a peaceful sleeping expression. Hyung Jae was leaning onto his twin brother with his arms wrapped around him. His face scrunched from time to time as if someone had slightly tickled his nose with a feather. Anh Jae was probably the only one who looked like was sitting in a normal position but her head had been leaning onto one side likely to make her neck sore later.

 

I told Mr. Cho I would take her home safely and there was no need to wake her up. I carefully removed Min Kyung’s head off her lap and carried her bridal style out to the car. Mr. Lee opened the door for us and I thanked him. Anh Jae immediately snuggled into the seat in a comfortable position. I took out a spare jacket from the back and lay it over her as a blanket. I could see a small smile form on her face from the warmth.

 

I bid Mr. Cho goodbye and waved to Mr. Lee who gave a salute in response. The car ride back was soothing with the jazz music in the background. At every chance I could get, I glanced towards the passenger seat to make sure she was safe. She shifted from time to time making me slow down my driving unconsciously.

 

We finally got to SM Apartments and I parked in the A section’s parking lot. Not wanting to risk a bad side to her - because let’s be honest, everyone has a bad side to them when they wake up from their sleep - I lifted her up and carried her to her complex. Luckily, the security doors were just pin numbers and I remembered the pin exactly. Upon entering her place, I took a better look at it than when I was last here, which was when I was being punished by Sehun, that brat.

 

The decor was simple, a white theme I’m guessing. It matched with her. It took a while for me to find her bedroom because there just so many rooms here I didn’t which one she used. Her bedroom was all pinterest and tumblr like. You know, those room goals a lot of girl want. I lay her on the bed and took of her heels. Go damn, woman. How does she stay in those long things for so long? I removed her other jewelry she had worn and placed them on the table as well as tucking her into the blankets. I feel as if she’s a child. Just like in the car, she snuggled into her pillows and even sighed in content.

 

I chuckle lightly and smiled upon her angel looking face. If only she was like this all the time. She’s such a devil. But she’s been better recently. I like it. Can’t say the same for me though.

 

I had the urge to plant a peck on her plump lips that were so tempting to me. I just felt into the moment. But I knew I would never do anything like that again on my own will. But a little peck wouldn’t hurt right?

 

I planted one on her nose and whispered into her ears before leaving.


Goodnight, Anh Jae.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello Loves :D

This update is a birthday special from yours truly!
I hope you guys liked this one.
Comment what you guys think!

Thanks for the birthday wishes to those of you who did.
I got amazing gifts and surprises during school.
I even have my own little mini waterfall

AND THERE WAS A FULL MOON ON MY BIRTHDAY, SORT OF.

(๑⃙⃘ ˃̶͈̀ロ˂̶͈́)੭ु⁾⁾
Like, I'm crazy for full moon and especially on my birthday?
HELL YAAAASSS BITCCHHH.
LOL, ohkay.

Can't wait for the next update ~

Bye Loves :D