Unusual

The Underground City

As I made my way out of the path, I made sure no one was in sight to see me. Not a soul even. I was safe and sound in the clear view of the middle of the four pathways. I smiled in victory before I heard voices coming from down the path where it connected to Seoul, the actual part of the city. I quickly ran to the bush at the railing and hid behind it. Thankfully the bush had been at a good height that I was able to peek through without having my head stick out.

 

Coincidentally, I saw the same group of men who were one second away from killing me. They didn't have their masks on and I must say, if I didn't know them I would have thought they were some cute and harmless boys just looking for some fun. Even that.. Baekhyun guy.

 

His rectangular smile was beautiful and it reached his eyes. It made my heart melt a little. Just a little.

 

My smile was completely wiped off when my phone started to vibrate and I don't know what would've happened if it wasn't. I immediately shut it off but there was no more sound of laughter. I peeked through the bush and found all of them with brows furrowed and faces on guard. They glanced around quickly before moving as one group and walked silently into SMTOWN. I let out a heavy sigh and stood up when I knew they were for sure gone from the paths. I should really practice on my stealth skills because I was caught from behind, one arm circling around my arms and waist while the other covered my mouth.. I didn't bother to scream because it's pointless in this situation. My eyes did wander around before I could try to take a glance at the person. They dragged me towards SMTOWN path. It became more unfamiliar to me the farther down I was dragged because we went opposite the apartment building's direction. My mind was running through so many escape plans until they let go and pushed me a little forward. I almost trip over nothing until I balanced myself out. I faced the person who captured me but only stood there to become even more angry at the person.

 

His mask had the engraved silver letters B and H in the very middle. The familiar mask made me want to flip him off like he did before. It all went subsided when he pulled his mask down. To reveal a scowl.

 

“Why did you come from the Underground City?”

 

His voice was harsh and cold that it made me shiver a little. We shared glares between each other.

 

“What's it to you? I was just wandering the area.”

 

I could tell he was about to blow up when I saw his eye twitch. I internally smirk at the thought, wanting to provoke him even more but I have no time for that now. Maybe another day.

 

He walked back towards an area where some stone benches were placed and sat down with a huff mumbling something along the lines of ‘unbelievable’. I stood rooted to my place and raised my eyebrow at him. Why the hell am I here?

 

“You're one crazy , you know that? You don't just walk around these paths like it's some kind of joke. I'm surprised you actually came out alive.”

 

I seriously want to laugh so bad right now. If my men were here, first thing is that they would join in on the humiliating comment and second there'd be no more of this short and bad tempered guy.

 

I was going to make a bold move before I noticed some shadows move about in the corner. I deflate my shoulders down to look more innocent and just glared at him.

 

“Whatever. I'm going to my room.”

 

It was easy to maneuver around Baekhyun but two pairs of arms caught me once again and dragged me back to a stone bench. They had the lettering of C.Y & K. C. Y had big eyes that creeped me out a bit while K had a sharp gaze on me. This is so drama like and I do not tolerate this at all but I have to if I don't want to be found out.

 

“You're not going anywhere. I have bad feelings about you.”

 

The stupid boy came walking towards me with a scoff. I pretended to struggle out of the other two’s grip when in reality, I was signalling a couple of my men. They were always watching as too I'm their leader. All I have to do is press the little screw on my watch. Not a second later, they came walking in with metal bats, leather gloves and masks of their own. Sehun’s friends immediately forgot about me and stood guard. I quickly left the place before I could get caught in any of it.

 

When I got to my apartment, I texted my other men to go get the others who were fighting. I walked around impatiently to receive the news back. I wasn't like most leaders who didn't care about their members well being. In fact, i was nicknamed as 'mother' for always keeping tabs on who is doing what and where each person went.

 

My phone notified me and they said they were barely scratched. I signed in relief, silently praising myself on being a great teacher in their skills. I was going to head to bed but a knock resonated on my door. Who could it be at this time? I walked over to open it and didn't expect the person to be there.

 

Sehun stood with a genuine smile while holding Baekhyun and the other two guys by their collar. For someone who was the youngest, he really had a hold of intimidation on his hyungs. No wonder he's the leader.

 

I raised my brow slightly as if asking why he was at my doorstep. He nodded his head towards the inside of my apartment so I opened the door wider and let them in. He threw the three guys inside while he walked in casually. I smiled a little at the action.

 

He sat down on a chair in the living room while looking at the apartment as I went to go grab a cardigan from the closet since I wasn't comfortable wearing such short & loose clothing. The other three sat on the longer couch while looking around like Sehun.

 

“I miss this room.”

 

He spoke after a good look around the place. I tilted my head in confusion..

 

“All of us used to live here before we moved into the building next door. This room was thw only vacant one until now.”

 

That explained why he asked me earlier about if I lived here. I nodded and sat silently as my lips thinned in awkwardness. No one said a word; the only sound being the cars from outside. After a while, Sehun cleared his throat and sat straight up. I look at him expectedly as he pointed to the three idiots beside him.

 

“I'm here because my hyungs are going to apologise for being rude earlier.”

 

I cast my gaze over to the mentioned boys and they were looking rather nervous. Was their dongsaeng that intimidating? They bowed their heads low and muttered an apology. I smirked slightly and forgave them. I should be the one apologising. They look like they were fighting a bunch of wild animals and barely got out alive.

 

I kept a special eye on Baekhyun because he was beaten up badly the most. It made me cringe to even look at him. I felt a little sorry. But that's how this world works. Fights between different gangs don't go saying sorry to each other after seeing how beat up they were. Another round of silence came before Sehun introduced a proposal which definitely didn't leave a shock in my but his friends too.

 

“Nari, you've been involved with us the moment Blood came into the picture. So as protection, I'll be having my friends watch over you.”

 

I could hear his friends protest against the idea of “taking care of a little girl” as they say. It's not like I need it either. It was obvious his friends are annoyed of me by now. It hasn’t even been 24 hours since I met them and they already have me in their problems. I'm not the only one causing problems here. By being with them, they are getting in my with business too.

 

I awkwardly smiled and laughed a tiny bit. How is this even possible in the first place? Was Sehun always kind or was he just doing this because he needs to hide his identity. Even so, he showed who he and his friends were. I doubt the latter option. But I could say the same with the first too.

 

They eventually left after he glared at them and muttered something I wasn't able to hear. All I know is Chanyeol and Kai hung their head low and kept whining about it to each other while Baekhyun just killed me in his mind. What was his problem, honestly? The other don't even care about me. And then there's him who just hates my guts the moment we made eye contact.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm telling you guys, she's dangerous. We can't let her in our business.”

 

 

Baekhyun said gruffly as he grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. Over the counter, the rest of EXO sat either playing video games or looking through their phone. No one cared to pay attention to the complaining boy. He grew more irritated by the second as no one payed attention to him. He slammed his water bottle down and yelled.

 

The room suddenly became quiet and all eyes were on him. They were all surprised at him. It’s not like they weren’t listening. It was just a girl that they had to watch out for. Baekhyun usually never got this irritated much, so they didn’t understand why he got worked up on having to watch out or Nari.

 

“Hyung, it’s not our choice. Even though Sehun is the youngest, he’s also the one with more power.”

 

Kai said, pausing his game on the XBOX TWO and faced his hyung.. Chanyeol who was playing with him groaned and let out a curse of murmurs. Baekhyun glared at his roommate. The others made noises of agreement to Kai’s statement.

 

“But I’m looking out for him as his Hyung. He doesn’t know the risks she has on us.”

 

“Why are you so against her? And why are you so sure she will give us risks?”

 

Baekhyun’s jaw clenched tightly and his fists balled up in anger. Sure, he wasn’t nice at first but that’s how he always is on a daily basis to people he doesn’t know. It would’ve been fine now if he didn’t go through some files he stumbled upon. They consisted of her basic information - false information. The fact that Sehun knew her was one of the pros to this. Her name is Park Nari but her file stated she was Cho Anh Jae. The Identification points were on the opposite spectrum to who she was. He ended up doing a little more searching and found that everything through government systems were of Cho Anh Jae and not Park Nari.

 

In that conclusion, he had two thoughts. She was either lying about her identity of Park Nari or she has something to hide around here. It wasn’t confirmed until the day EXO went out which was today. Walking back to their apartment, he saw a shadow swiftly move from the Underground City. Making sure it was someone, he blinked quickly but saw no one and thought it was just his mind playing tricks from tiredness. After almost making it to the gate o the building, he heard rustling from behind him and footsteps. Being the one behind everyone else, he saw none other than the girl he disliked. She emerged from the bushes next to the path of the Underground City and he instantly knew she was the shadow that came from there. Everyone knew no one got out of that path without a beating. Or never even come out at all. But there she was, without a scratch on her face.. She was perfectly fine.

 

Baekhyun believed she had something to do with the people from the fourth path. EXO and people from the fourth path were never a good combination. So the thought of watching out for her was indeed unreasonable. But no one knew what he knew. He planned to keep it for himself for now and confront to her about it.

 

He just looked away and silently walked to his room.


 

 

I got up fresh and early for school while cooking some breakfast of my own. I had my morning jazz routine play through the whole apartment which led to a happy mood for me. The clear aqua sky was the most beautiful part of the day. The sound of cars honking and airplanes were calm sounding. There was no one out in the SMTOWN lot so i quickly made my way through my door, down the steps and exited from the side door. I don't want to be stared at by my fellow apartment residents.

 

Once I took a step out from the lot of the building, right in the middle of my vision was a man dressed in designer clothings in black and white. His gaze was sharply piercing in my direction. I turned back to see if there was anyone behind me but it was only the two of us. His eyes squinted slightly more when I pointed at myself. He nodded his head to the passenger seat and got up from leaning on his car to going in the driver's seat.

 

I contemplated whether to follow his rule or just ignore him. The guy is an . Although, I can't deny the fact I need to know what's up with him. So I took the chance and walked to the car's passenger seat. I leaned back into the seat and just sat there silently. His hand was already on the wheel, engine ready to drive wherever.

 

It was nothing but the sound of the car's engine roaring as he drove. His eyes focused on the road but his eyes glance at me and to his silver watch from time to time. I'm kind of fed up with his actions right now. First of all, why bother driving me when you obviously hate me? He's not even talking to me right now which is ing annoying.

 

His car stopped at the entrance gate of my school and it looked like every student started to point and whisper about it. I rolled my eyes at the nonsense of what these people do. I muttered a thanks and was about to get out when his hand grabbed my wrist tightly yet with a gentle touch.. I turned to glare at him and tell him to let go of me but his eyes were the scariest I've ever seen on a human.

 

“Your class ends at 12.30 right? Meet me in this exact spot after class. Don't be late or else I'll go in and drag you out.”

 

My voice got stuck in my throat. There was no chance of me spitting out a word so my head nodded and I immediately got out of the car. The university students started to whisper more when they saw me exit the vehicle. After all, I'm the university’s quiet girl. They would never expect me to be dropped off my someone who owned a pretty neat car.

 

Xin jumped me right when I stepped into the lecture hall. She never does that unless something surprising happened. I figured the news traveled around fast. She dragged me to our usual seats and she bombarded me with questions.

 

“Yah! Who was that? Why did you get out from that car? Why is everyone talking about your mysterious ride to school? Is that your boyfriend? Omo!! You didn't go home and get drunk did you?!”

 

I smacked Xin on the head as hard as I could like how I used to do it when iItrained my men. She groaned in pain and glared at me. I did the same right back at her and she cowered in fear.

 

“Do you really think I'd get drunk? Huh?? And that wasn't my boyfriend either. He's.. My neighbor. He decided to give me a ride.”

 

Pfft. Baekhyun being generous would never be an option for anyone. He's always so cold hearted and arrogant.

 

The lecture started once the professor walked in. As everyone took their seat, I saw Sehun all the way in the other side of the lecture hall. He seems to be staring at me but when i looked at him, he faced the board. Weird.


 

Class ended and I tiredly stood up and packed my books. Xin told me she had to quickly go to her next class so I was left alone. A tap was placed on my shoulder so I saw none other than Sehun when I turned around. We exchanged smiles and he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. I glanced around since it was really awkward but the clock hands caught my eye. It was 12.30! , i'm screwed.

 

“Can i talk to you for a bit?”

 

He said just as I was about to say I  needed to go. Honest to the matoki gods, I am not afraid of Baekhyun’s threat. After all, his leader is right in front of me and he would probably have felt it for a week. But I had to go to him. He knows something he shouldn’t know and I am going to make sure it doesn't slip out or he'll be in real danger.

 

I gave him an apologetic smile while walking towards the door.

 

“I’m sorry, Sehun. I have to meet up with someone important. I'll talk to you later, ohkay?”

 

I ran out down the halls and to the gate entrance. Upon reaching there, hundreds of girls were surrounding the entrance and squealing like they've seen an idol. I stood confused and tapped one of the girls who were closest to me.

 

“Whats going on here?”

 

“Oh, Nari-ssi. There's this really hot guy outside of the entrance leaning against his car. He looks like the bad boy type. I wonder who he's waiting for?”

 

The last sentence was mumbled to herself but I heard it perfectly fine. I had a feeling I know who this ‘hot guy’ is. So iImade my way through the crowd and eventually got right in the center front.

 

Yup. There he was, leaning against his car while looking through his phone. He was dressed a little differently than from this morning and was now in the classic black, gray, and white colors. I hate to admit it, but he did look like the hot bad boy type. I scoffed at my own thoughts and it's like he has super hearing or something. With all the girls squealing and not-so-whispering to each other about him, he looked up from his phone and I swear we made eye contact through his sunglasses. Baekhyun pocketed his phone in his denim jeans and nod his head to the passenger seat signaling me to go inside. All the girls looked at me and more whispers started. I quickly walked to the passenger door and sat in. He started the car and drove out from the campus.

 

Along the way, he took of his shades and I think I could have died. He looked so handsome that I honestly would have never hated him. But this is reality. He was an to me and I will do the same.

 

The car was silent, not even any music or anything. I feel like he just got so bored he just decided to bring to and from school. A few minutes later, he parked at a restaurant - a fancy one at that.

 

“You didn't eat anything, right?”

 

I shook my head and he gestured me to follow him out of the car. We went inside and he flashed a card at the front desk and servers immediately came to us. Wow, what kind of power does he have here? We walked further down into the restaurant eventually standing in front of a grand door. I was confused as to why we were here. The server bowed and left us to go back into what seems like the main restaurant. Baekhyun opened and entered the door. I stepped in as well and was amazed with everything inside. Everything looked as if it was made of glass and the room itself was like a ballroom. I looked around and spotted a table in the very center. Wasn't this a little too fancy for just lunch? Or was it just lunch? Haha, ah. I have such a dumb mind.

 

The two of us sat down at the table and i was thankful that he didn't pull out a chair for me or else I really will have to ask what the hell happened to Baekhyun. A waiter instantly came to us and took our order. I was too lost in this whole thing and Baekhyun quickly caught on so he ordered me the same thing as him. It once again got quiet between us both of us. It got annoying to the point i used an informal tone when i did business in the Underground City.

 

“Yah. What was the point of driving me to and from school, huh? If i remember correctly, we're not on even terms.”

 

I said coldly while giving a noticeable scowl. He raised a brow slightly and chuckled. What the hell was so funny? I swear, I will beat this guy up in mere seconds. If he doesn't get to the point, I am going to make sure i spill it out of him. One way or another.

 

The movement of his tongue got me distracted as it coated his dry lips. Damn me and my attraction towards hot guys. I only came back to my senses when he cleared his throat. I locked eye contact with him and had a mini staring contest.

 

“You're really something, Park Nari.” He emphasized my whole name. “Don't you think it's tiring? To live two completely different lives?”

 

His smirk sent me off the bomb making me want to strangle the guy. I scoffed at his point and gave a little smirk back. I won't deny it. Living two lives are hard. Going back and forth from one thing to another is something that is detestable in my mind.

 

“Don't think you're the only one who can do a rooted background check Byun Baekhyun. You shouldn't even be questioning me.”

 

The smirk on his face faltered into a frown. His gaze immediately turned cold. I glanced at the hand that swiftly moved into his jacket and I knew right then what would happen.

 

In the next second, both of us were standing and pointing guns at each other, Yhe difference between us though is I had two and he had one. He looked pretty shocked for a moment and it made my smirk grow. I guess we both know the answer to our wonders.

 

He put his gun back into his pocket and sat down. I mimicked his actions and sat silently, lips thinned in a small line. We both on the same terms as expected from me. By the expression in his face, he didn't think this through. The waiter from before came back with a tray of our lunch. Silently, we began to eat. It was less uncomfortable than before believe it or not. The tension we both kept was lifted slightly and so we didn't have to act accordingly. We were just ourselves.

 

“What's the reason for your alias?”

 

Halfway through our lunch, he faced up to me and asked that question with a gentle voice. I looked up surprised but zoned out immediately. Why? The name itself is something that speaks on its own. I never spoke about it to anyone, not even my family. The alias was something I wanted to keep to myself. Something to keep it mysterious. So why was I telling him?

 

“It’s a part of my mother that i want to keep. Originally, it was Chinese pronounced as Nali but it didnt sound right for people to call me it. My mother used to call me that a lot back when I was little. I'm pretty sure you know what happened to her.”


His lips thinned tightly and I couldn’t blame him. He was being cautious about me and he did the same thing I did. Looking into our backgrounds.

Our lunch, or should I say my lunch, was over before we even knew it. We left the restaurant and headed back to his car. I already entered the car but Baekhyun stood outside of the driver's seat. He was looking at something. Or someone. I turned around from my seat and saw it was one of the others in his group. I forgot his name.. Something with an 'S' or something. It didn't seem like he noticed me but I surely noticed him. Thank you to the creators of tinted windows on cars.

They looked like they were in a serious conversation that I could see the wrinkles on Baekhyun's forehead from furrowing his eyebrows too much. Something must have happened. After a few more minutes of just talking, he finally came back to the driver's seat and started the engine. I didn't bother to speak but I did glance at him. His eyes were so focused and it wasn't only on just the road. He was focused on the thoughts running through his mind.

Surprisingly, he brought me back to the university. I mumbled my thanks and got out of the car. Students hanging around started to whisper again. I rolled my eyes and just continued to walk to my lecture. Have they never seen a person walk out of a car? Geez..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello Loves

So, this chapter is longer than the first three.
I thought I'd like to put a little more action into this.
But how do you guys like it so far? :D

I have had a lot of more subscribers within the three chapters.
I'm really thankful to all of you and that single upvote.
You potatoes make me cry so much o(TヘTo)

I'm starting to feel like I'm rushing the plot by x37268954720.
Trust meh, I'm working on it.

So yeheyy. You guys should comment your thoughts and what not
(♡˙︶˙♡)
Or maybe even PM me b/c you know, I want to interact with you lovelies.

This note is so long, I'll cut it short.
Bye, my beautiful beaus ~

 

┐(︶▽︶)┌

- Chae