Eun

The Underground City

[ Baekhyun ]

 

 

 

“Y – Yah... What are you doing?”

I could sense the tiny bit of fear in Anhjae’s voice when she pulled onto my sleeve. How could she be scared about me of all times right now? For god’s sake, she almost got shot by one of her own units! Does she still not realize she’s carrying another human being or is she just not wanting to believe it at all? I already felt my fatherly instincts kick in. Or maybe the fact that I just really want to protect her because I fell in love with her. Who wouldn’t want to? But either way, I’m not letting someone harm her be it her own unit or not.

I stay rooted to the ground, my hands on the floor in front of my head as I closed my eyes and waited for them to accept me. It seemed pretty ridiculous to be in this position in front of them but I wasn’t kidding when I need their approval of me and Anhjae together. Also with the fact that me and Eunhyun will be joining Blood Oasis. I don’t want to feel like that special exception and have everyone pretend to be nice to me just because I’m under the care of their leader and former boss. People are still surprised over the fact that I was able to even meet with Anhjae’s father multiple times. Especially with the fact that I was still in SMTOWN. I’m assuming because of my occasional meetings with him, they think I have a close relationship with him.

Silence fill the hall but not completely because there were barely inaudible murmurs throughout the place. I didn’t want to look up at all. I was afraid, actually. Afraid that I would be met with disapproval stares or even their expressions that could be laughing silently right about now. But the tug of my arm from Anhjae this time pulled me up right into a standing stance. I looked at her face instead of the others and I could see she was fuming. Her eyebrows were scrunched together and she had an unpleasant frown upon her face. I noticed in the corner of her eyes that she was also holding in a bit of tears. Her eyes were becoming glossy and I felt guilty for a moment. Did I make her cry?

She pulled me along with her out of the meeting hall until we were way too far from everyone else. The both of us were now outside in the slightly warm air. The sun was just about to set. And because she positioned us in a way where my back was faced against it, I could see how the light reflected off her eyes. Her mesmerizing, doe like eyes.

“What in the world were you trying to do in there, Byun Baekhyun?!”

At that point, I knew she was already letting her tears fall when her voice was choking on her own sobs. It didn't seem like a big deal at all but she made me feel like it was one of the biggest mistakes one could do in their life.

Her head lifted slightly. Even for a girl who is crying, her glare was one hell of a killer. She pulled down onto my left ear and started screaming at me.

“Yah! How the hell do you even think you could bow down like that in front of Blood Oasis, huh?? It’s one thing to ask them to accept you into the gang but you don’t bow down. It makes you look weak and vulnerable! No matter the situation, Baekhyun, you do not bow down! Do you understand me?!”

I had the slightest urge to kiss her right then and there if she wasn’t pulling onto my ear. She was worried about me... I think? In the slightest of ways, she was. It’s a step up on my part to have her accept me as a part of her life now. It was cute.

I nodded my head but regret it the moment I did because it only added to the pain she put onto my ear. I winced the moment she let go and when she kicked my shin just for the fun of it. I could tell she was still angry at me because of something else but I didn’t push it. Thankfully, she told me right after.

“Baekhyun, I don’t want you ever doing that again. I know you want them to accept you like any normal person being recruited but you must understand, what’s done is done. They don’t have a say in our problems and they can’t object to any of my ideas.”

“I know that. But we know they won’t just give in that easily. They’re not going to be happy go lucky about it.”

She rolls her eyes at me and pushes a finger at my chest.

“They all complain now, yes. But in the end, it will all be in favour because of who? Me. My judgement always becomes the greatest advantage.”

I give her a knowing look of my own as if saying ‘does she really have that great of a judgement’. She lets out a sigh and scowls.

“Fine, not all the time but most.”

We stood in silence not wanting to talk any further on the matter. The tension between us grew slightly uncomfortable and it bothered me because I didn’t like. I didn’t want to tell her in a place like, in a situation like this. But there’s not going to be another time to tell her because once we leave the hall, we’re going to be real busy getting my sister and planning our future. Which, technically, includes what I have to tell her.

I grab her hands and encase them into one of my own and the other placed under her chin so she could look straight into my eyes. I could tell she was weirded out with how I made this sudden action. It’s like an exact replica of an anime scene. But those scenes are lifesavers because if I didn’t know any better, I would’ve been kicked in the all the way across the whole world by now.

Anhjae’s eyes locked with mine. We had a bit of a staring contest before I opened my mouth to tell her. I wasn’t one to beat around the bush. I tend to be very straight forward without any code words. Either that, or I lacked the feeling of sharing my thoughts and emotions.

“I like you. And I’m not going to take anything other than that you’ll be mine, and only mine.”

She didn’t say anything. That was something I feared the most. She could do anything right now and it would make me feel relieved because she gave me a response. She could reject me and I wouldn’t be so scared. But women who don’t say anything are truly the scariest kind of women in the world. You don’t know what they are thinking and how they feel. Only they do. Even the most professional of professionals in reading peoples’ expression and body can’t identify a single thing.

She pulled away from me taking a step back to fully take my appearance in. Her eyes didn’t change, still blank and unnerving.

“No, you don’t. You don’t like me, Baekhyun. You’re just infatuated with me because I’m one of the only few girls you’ve ever interacted with. I remind you of your sister as sick as that sounds. That’s all there is to it.”

Her tone was bitter and it made my heart crack a tiny bit. I know I said a moment ago, that I would be fine if she rejected me but the way she put it didn’t make me feel any better. I didn’t want that kind of answer. I wanted her to say yes and be mine. Is this what liking a person does to you?

“No. I’m sure that I like you enough romantically to the point I may be falling in love with you. I thought I was just interested in you because your actions are similar to what Eunhyun would do – not romantically of course. But no.” I grabbed her once again and held her closer to me where our bodies touched slightly. “I like you because you’re Anhjae. I like you because you make my heart beat fast like never before. I like you because I can’t stop thinking about you. For ’s sake. I left my own gang for you. And I don’t regret that at all. As much as I hated you, I like you.”

Her gaze dropped down to the floor as she bit her lips – a trait of hers that I like and found adorable.

Anhjae was hesitating and it was noticeable. She wasn’t sure of herself, her own choices. She says her judgement is always right in the end? Then I’ll show her that my decisions are just as powerful, if not, even better.

I tilted her head up to face me once again and did not hesitate to plant loving kisses on her lips. It seemed to me that she finally decided because she didn’t break away and instead responded back to me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

[ Anhjae ]

 

 

 

Everything about this day was hectic. My father had gone in and out of the house gathering a bunch of security and subunits to bring to Brooklyn with us. Baekhyun had went out earlier in the morning to run some errands; probably getting any necessities for Eunhyun when she begins living with us. As for me, I’m just lying here on the couch watching everyone else do something. When I offered to do something, they immediately rejected me because I am pregnant. Pregnant. For goodness sake’s guys, I’m only a few weeks pregnant. I’m still able to do things.

Nari had passed by me holding a tablet in one hand and adjusting an earpiece with the other. I stared at her, wondering what in the world she was doing.

“Yes, this is The Underground Security Central. We need the New York Police to be on standby in Brooklyn. I’ll send the address when everything is settled and set together.”

The New York Police? Why is she calling them to be on standby? Did something happen?

The moment I got up from the couch, she hung up with whoever was on the other line. Her fingers quickly typed up something on her tablet and pulled up a few documents to show me.

“Your dad asked me to get some info on where Baekhyun’s sister and father is living. And it was a good thing he asked me to do so because whatever is going on with them over in that city they live in, they haven’t been seen for the past three weeks, AJ. Does Baekhyun know anything about this?”

“No, I don’t.”

We both looked over to where the voice had come from. Baekhyun entered through the front door carrying different bags from all sorts of stores. I raised my eyebrows at this and laughed a little. Where on earth did he go?

He walked over to me and smiled, leaning down to give my forehead a small peck before setting the bags down next to the couch.

“I really should’ve brought you along to shop for clothes but I didn’t want to bother you. Plus, I figured I can finally be that big brother she wanted me to be.”

My heart felt like melting because he cares for his sister so much. I mean, hot big brother buying all the things he thinks his younger sister needs? That’s just cute. I bet anyone that the moments she comes here, Baekhyun is going to spoil her and take her shopping almost every day.

“You’re a great big brother in my eyes. Everyone would be an idiot if they can’t see what you’re doing for her. Especially after all that happened between you two?”

I placed my hand right onto his cheek to which he instantly rests his face upon. His eyes closed as if he was at peace for once in his life and I couldn’t agree any better at this moment.

“Ahem.”

We both looked back to Nari who had a waiting game face on. Right… We were talking about Baekhyun’s sister and father. And just by that recollection, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. What does she mean that they haven’t been seen for three weeks? That’s impossible.

“What’s the status on their whereabouts?”

“I checked Eunhyun’s attendance at her school. Her last day there was on February 12th. Given by her fellow friends and classmates, they saw her walking home after school. With her father, his last work day was on the 8th. There’s no proof of him coming home. They don’t any type of vehicle either. I’ll check in with the metro stations and see if they’ve seen him.”

“Check in with any of their neighbours as well. See what you can find out and tell me ASAP before we land in Brooklyn.”

Baekhyun told her sternly which surprised both Nari and me. Baekhyun taking authority over this? Well, it’s expected. It’s about his sister. He really wants her out of their father’s protection… If I can even call it “protection”. I don’t know what he does for a living but whatever it is, I don’t really want to find out. He’s endangering his own daughter. And from what I think, Eunhyun knows it too but she can’t say anything.

After snapping out of the order told, Nari nodded and quickly pressed a button on her earpiece making another call. Just as she slipped out of my view, Baekhyun’s arm rested right onto my waist again. He let out the softest sigh I’ve ever heard from a person emit. I looked up at him seeing his tired eyes stare into space.

I placed my hand under his jaw and turned his face towards my way. Something in his eyes broke. I couldn’t tell if it was positive or negative thing. His eyes became blank even as he stared at me, unlike his usual gazes he gives. I let out a sigh of my own and rested my head onto his shoulders still looking at him. His eyes closed the moment I did and we stayed like that for a while.

“Eunhyun is really lucky to have a big brother like you in her life.”

Baekhyun’s eyes slowly opened, revealing a tiny glint of sweetness. It’s kind of terrifying to know how he could change from an to the sweetest guy on the planet just within the few months I’ve known him. ing hell, a lot of things have been happening within these few months that are scary to think about.

His body leaned down to mine until our foreheads touched, our eyes keeping contact all the while. He placed his own hands upon my cheeks and I’m reminded of when we were out in the hall after the meeting with the units. He obviously had a big effect on me because my breath was held waiting for him to say something.  I caught that tiny smile in my peripheral vision he had playing on his lips.

“I’m lucky to have you help make it all happen.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Brooklyn, New York.

This was one of the places where many people often liked to visit, but because of the judgement it holds, it’s what you slang Americans call it – ghetto.

Where we landed on, it was a nice view. Our jet landed on top of one of the tallest buildings here which is owned by my father from his business. They expected us so I wasn’t surprised when there were already security guards lined up on the edge of the rooftop and a few people directing where the jet should land.

On the other hand, Baekhyun pressed his face up against the window as if he was a kid discovering something new from a plane. It was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen him do! Both of his hands were placed beside each side of his head and his nose squished into the window that it left a print when I had to pull him away. We exited the plane and I met with one of the guards from the New York Police Department.

“Hi, I’m Officer Erika Lee. I’ve been informed of your arrival by Ms. Cho Narae, correct?”

I nodded and she brought out a quite fairly thick stack of files. I could see the names of Baekhyun’s sister and father’s name on it.

“We’ve been investigating while waiting for your arrival here in New York. I’m glad you’ve informed us about this. It’s definitely something we look out for in this city. Eunhyun Byun hasn’t been to school for the last three weeks and it’s been notified that Jaehyun Byun has quit his job as a hotel staff member just two weeks ago and hasn’t been seen since.”

I tilted my head in confusion but nonetheless nodded at the newly found information. Baekhyun seemed just as confused but that was because he probably didn’t know what she was talking about since she had spoken English. When I got the whereabouts on Eunhyun’s school and a rough sketch of her daily schedule, Baekhyun and I headed out for her school first to ask anyone for information. I gave my dad the info on Baekhyun’s dad so he can go search with the authority.

When we arrived at her school, many people had stared at us. I thought it was only in Asian dramas where boys and girls all around would whisper to each other and squeal at how beautiful the newcomers were. Apparently it also happens in New York as well.

I asked one of the uninterested students there to give me directions to the main office. They lead us to the office by directing both me and Baekhyun there. The girl and guy seemed to ask about why I was there in the first place since it’s already almost the end of the year and if I was transferring I’d be held back. In reality, I told them I was here to find Baekhyun’s sister. They both immediately stopped and looked at each other before turning towards us.

“Eunhyun Byun? The Korean girl, right?”

“Do you guys know where she is? She hasn’t been to school in a month! We’re worried and no one answers her house.”

Baekhyun and I looked at each other ourselves and wondered who these people were. They knew who Eunhyun was and by the looks of it, the three of them seemed to be friends.

Baekhyun looked at me for a translation. When he understood, he told me to ask them when was the last time they saw her.

“It was a month ago. She said she wanted to go home and finish the homework early and study for the upcoming exams. We left her at the fork to where our houses separate. We haven’t seen her since.”

The girl, Vivian stated as she looked worried and crossed her arms. At this point, we’ve all sat down in the court yard of the university as I investigated these two. The guy, Brendon, seemed lost in thought as he was listening to the conversation, much like Baekhyun who didn’t understand much until I had to translate it to him. He was the one who solely asked for his sister’s whereabouts. I was thinking of the possibilities to where she could’ve gone to.

“She never mentioned her father much but… We know he’s bad news. “

At the mention of this, I stopped my train of thought and focused in on what they said. Their father? Baekhyun never told me anything about him so I had no clue to how he was like. But when I saw Baekhyun tense up next to me, I knew he had already knew what Vivian had said. HE didn’t need me to tell him. And as far as I know, the only thing I really know, Baekhyun and his father never had a good relationship.

“Can you explain more into that?”

I urged her to continue. Both of them felt a little uncomfortable with the topic, I could tell. But we have to know. Brendon cleared his throat to speak up.

“We would meet her father whenever we hung out after classes. It was like he knew where she went at all times. His eyes were always red and he looked ready to fight any time. Viv and I never fought against him whenever he dragged her away after stating that she would be going home. She was terrified and pleaded us to not say anything if something like that happened.”

I was dumbfounded at this. Why would Eunhyun do something like that? Was their father that dangerous?

Baekhyun looked at me determined to know what they said. When I told him, he got up from his seat and walked away, not too far from us and let out a frustrated groan while ruffling through his hair in anger. I could tell Brendon and Vivian were confused at this. They seemed to question why he acted that way.

“I’m sorry I didn’t introduce you earlier. He’s Eunhyun’s older brother. They’ve been separated for God knows how many years. So please, if you know anything about her it would mean the world to us.”

They then started to feel guilty at that fact, feeling a little helpless themselves. Brendon then looked like something had popped into his brain. I eyed him for as Vivian had been listing out the possibilities on where Eunhyun and/or her father might be. A midst the whole thing, I saw his face become uncomfortable. He knew something.

“Brendon, what do you know.”

I stated calmly yet seriously just as Baekhyun had come back from cooling down. Vivian immediately stopped talking and looked at her friend with furrowed brows. When he noticed the attention, he was getting from us, I saw him let out a breath before speaking as he fidgeted with his fingers under the table.

“I... I remember hearing a conversation Eunhyun had with her dad when he came to get her one time. It was around the end of fall quarter. They seemed to be arguing about something. Everything was muffled for the most part but then I saw him grab her arm tightly and pull her real close and grabbing her face like he was going to snap it off. I was so shocked with what he said and when I confronted her about it she was… scared.”

His voice became quieter each second towards the end. Something was definitely up with this guy – Baekhyun’s dad I mean.

I raised my palms onto the table and leaned forward to him with a firm gaze.

“What did he say? What did her father tell her?”

I knew he was scared for a moment. Hell, if Eunhyun was scared herself and pleaded not to say anything until now, it meant something was seriously wrong.

“He – He said he’d let her die in the shed where no one will ever find her if anyone found out.”

My body froze when hearing those specific words. A man actually threatened their own daughter to have her die in an unknown place? What kind of sick person is this guy? I felt a stare on my left and I already knew whose it was. I didn’t want to tell him though. How could I? His father threatened to kill his sister! How could I possibly tell that to Baekhyun without him becoming even angrier than before?

I grabbed Baekhyun’s arm and headed for the exit of the school. This is a major lead to finding Eunhyun. I quickly bowed down in thanks to Vivian and Brendon as they stare dumbfoundedly at me and Baekhyun running off towards the exit. Just as we stepped out of the property, I hailed a cab while dialing my father to inform him of what we gathered. Once I was able to get a cab, Baekhyun and I sat in the silence. Our hands were still tangled together but I didn’t mind. I don’t think he did either. There was a feeling that he got the idea of what was happening because his hands were shaking noticeably. Even if I comforted him, he would still be shaking. I rest his head on my shoulder, running my hand through his hair to soothe him knowing that is one of his weaknesses to relax. I whispered words of comfort as much as I could until his body was calm again and breathing evenly. It pained me to know that there was a bundle of tears on the brim of his eyes, ready to let loose and fall.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The shed was far down behind the house originally. It took quite a while to spot it but when we did, Lord have mercy on us, it was like walking into your own horror film. Or a nightmare. Inside of the rotting shed was something no one would’ve expected. Eunhyun had her hands tied together to a rope from one of the ceiling poles sue to hold chandeliers. She wore tattered clothes that were ripped more towards her private areas. Her body was pale and so frail looking that I wasn’t sure if she was alive or not. There was old and fresh blood dripping from her lips and the side of her cheeks.

Not only was her site utterly horrifying, but the place reeks of acid and blood. On the walls are shelves and shelves of jars in distorted colours. There weren’t any labels or anything inside them but just the smell it gave off is repulsive. When Baekhyun, police enforcement, and I went in further, we saw in the further back what looked like to be whips and more rope. Actually, there was all sorts of items that looked like it was for the sake of pleasure. I am utterly disgusted at this point that I felt like fainting. Off to the side, that’s when I saw actual weapons that were used to harm. There was a bunch of different sized knife hanging of the wall like they were an achievement. When I signaled the enforcement to go in further for a look, Officer Lee, who held up a gun in front of her the whole time, ushered me over to take a look at a section of bloody bandages in the corner. There was no doubt that it came from Eunhyun. All of a sudden, I heard Baekhyun struggle from behind me and there I saw him trapped in a man’s grasp.

He was old, I could see the wrinkles on his face and the bags under his eyes, his clothes were ripped and tattered just like Eunhyun. He had a big build for someone in their old age and I was guessing by the way he’s holding and staring at Baekhyun specifically with hatred, that man was his father.

That man is Byun Jaehyun.

He hid himself pretty well for us to not notice him at all. Officer Lee had positioned herself in front of me, using her whole body as a shield for me. Other enforcements came from the entrance holding their own guns at stand by if anything were to happen. The Underground Security that came along with us were already surrounding the place from every corner in sight.

The panic in me rose highly seeing Baekhyun struggle in the man’s grip. His face was already turning red and he’s gasping for air. My god, Baekhyun was barely breathing.

Before I could take a step forward, Officer Lee took that step for me and demanded he put his own weapon down on the ground and release Baekhyun from his grip. Jaehyun didn’t move a single muscle into letting his weapon o, or release Baekhyun. Instead, he tightened his grip that the sound coming from Baekhyun’s throat was loud and clear. Jaehyun took the knife he held in his other hand and pressed on an area which looked like a button. The knife was double bladed so any step could mean something fatal for any one of us.

“This bloody son of a should die just like the way I killed his mother. Wouldn’t that be a pretty sight to see? First that old hag, and now this useless piece of . Wait until you know what I did to that little over there in the corner.”

One side of the blade was pointed at the side of Baekhyun’s neck, where his most visible artery was. This was the most disgusting creature on earth. My heart was panicking at maximum strength that I unconsciously took a knife of my own from the pocket of my thigh and threw the blade into the man’s forearm, piercing it straight through his body to the other side. Jaehyun screamed so loud, it felt like a siren was blaring through my ears. As fast as he fell to the ground, he pierced his own blade into Baekhyun’s thigh, which also went through his whole thigh, a stab wound on both ends.

Baekhyun fell to the ground, screaming in pain as he held onto his wound to stop the blood from coming out. Officer Lee pushed me to Baekhyun when the New York police enforcements surrounded that old man. I pressed a button on my watch and that was when The Underground Security broke through the walls to cover the enforcements.

I grabbed onto Baekhyun as fast as I could and ripped a part of my shirt to wrap around his wound. The moment I removed his hand, All I saw was red. His blood, his muscles, his bones. Dear god, I saw his ing bones. Tears were welling in my eyes as I wrapped the cloth around his wound, muttering apologies as if it was going to change anything.

He pushed me back from wrapping his thigh and pointed to the other side of the room, groaning out that I should help Eunhyun. I felt reluctant to leave him but when he shouted at me to go help her I blinked away my tears and quickly set off to go to Eunhyun. She was in the same state we saw her in when we entered, but she looked like she was finally awake now. Her face was as pale as a ghost’s, under her eyes were black bags as if she hasn’t slept in years. I could see her eyes slowly fading into clouds and it was a sign that we were losing her. I called for one of the securities and told him to help bring her out and to call for urgent help.

I used all the remains of her clothes she had on to cover her as much as possible which wasn’t enough however it was better than nothing. I cut the ropes from her hands and oh my ing god, her wrists were like they were painted red, especially compared to her pale white skin. The security I called cut the remaining ropes on her and we both carried her by the arms. The moment we got out of the rotten building, helicopters from my end of the security were already awaiting a couple feet off the ground. I gave her to the team and whipped myself around to find Baekhyun.

When I got back inside, Baekhyun was being helped by two security members and Jaehyun was thrashing all around. I gave my team a signal to go out to the helicopter while I went over to Jaehyun, where the New York police enforcement was. Officer Lee was calling someone and reporting the scene to someone over her device while the rest were struggling to hold him down. Somewhere in the back of my head, I was displeased with the fact that these officers were not prepared. Raising my foot, I stomped it firmly into the old man’s face and twisted my foot, making sure he got what he deserved. Everyone witnessing this scene was surprised at my action. If they weren’t going to put this guy down, I was. This man is rotten to the bone, killing his wife and ually harassing his daughter. My mind was furious as I took a few steps back while looking at the bloody face of what Baekhyun used to call his father. Even more so, the smile on his face never disappeared even as he lay unconscious in that bloody state.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eunhyun was rushed to the ER immediately once Baekhyun and I got onto the helicopter. And by Baekhyun’s orders, he wanted his sister to have the best attention here in the hospital before him or anyone else. Once he saw his sister get into the ER with dozens of doctors flooding into the room, the red light glowing in place, he sighed out in relief, a little tense still knowing for a fact that he still has to wait for the outcome. He collapsed onto the floor of the hospital in front of the emergency room and leaned back onto the wall with closed eyes.

I was relieved myself, leaning on the wall as well until I looked down and remembered that Baekhyun had a wound on his thigh that most like requires stitches. I pulled him up – or at least tried to – so that he could go to another doctor for stitches.

“I’m fine. This isn’t the worst I’ve gone through. As long as Eun is safe, that’s all that matters right now.”

I felt my heart flutter in both awe and worry. Awe, where he cares so much for her that he is willing to do anything for her, and worry because if this isn’t the worst I’ve seen for him, I don’t want to know what he has gone through titled as ‘worst’.

“Baek, please. You may be fine but I surely won’t be seeing you with a giant stab wound through your leg. Doctor! We need to stitch up a stab wound over here!”

As soon as I saw a doctor come to view, I called them over and they immediately came hearing about someone needing stitches on a stab wound. At least, the words ‘stab wound’ caught very well in their ears. As the doctor and some other nurses helped Baekhyun on a medical bed, he looked at me with a slight smile, barely visible to anyone. His hand slowly reached out for mine and I grabbed it just in time for him to say that he really is lucky he has me in life. Once he was gone into a different room, I placed my hand over my own racing heart.

I think I needed cardio respiractoric support for myself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The red lights from the emergency room turned off after ten hours. Baekhyun was impatiently waiting in his seat as he tapped the armrest with his fingers for several hours straight. I called my father to inform him where we were at the moment. When the doctors came out of the door one by one, I hung up and walked over with Baekhyun to the one who seemed to be looking for the guardians of Eunhyun. When we appeared, a tired smile was placed on his lips as he took of his mask.

“Ms. Byun is now stabilized. Her wounds were severe and her body fluids were extremely in the danger zone. If you had brought her in any later, there would’ve been no chance. We’ll need her to stay in the hospital for several more days until she’s able to be discharged. She’s resting right now but your welcome to visit her. Please be as quiet as you can though.”

With that said, the doctor left us and Baekhyun immediately went to the room she was assigned to. Upon reaching there, he opened the door as quietly as he could like he was informed to see Eunhyun dressed in the white gown and resting on the bed with even breathes. At a closer look, she looked much better; her skin was now a tan colour, much different from her pale self, her bags had lessened and almost gone, she didn’t look like anything before. However, seeing so many IVs connected to her body frightened me how bad it could’ve been on the inside. Not only that but her body was covered in bandages. The only place that wasn’t covered was her face and the lower parts of her legs.

I took a glance to see Baekhyun shed silent tears seeing his sister is such a state. Seeing this myself was sad enough that I felt like crying too. I sat beside Baekhyun and put an arm around his back and softly patted it to comfort him. I saw his tears drip onto the floor as he held his hand out to hold Eunhyun’s hand as he looked at her. His face was unchanging, a blank look was grounded on his face but the tear he let out was much more than it seemed.

I used my thumb to wipe away some at the bottom of his eyes. He tilted his head slowly, so slow that I didn’t realize he needed to rest his head. I let him rest on my shoulder as the tears still formed just as slow in his eyes. We sat there, staring at Eunhyun, into the room, out the window – anything, really – waiting for her to wake up. But the longer we waited, I could tell I wasn’t the only one who felt dizzy from being sleep deprived.

“Baekhyun, sleep. You’re becoming tired.”

“I can’t. What if she wakes up when I’m asleep?”

I’ll wake you up once she does.”

He looks at me with red eyes still glossy.

“Promise?”

I ran my fingers through the top of his hair and gave him a kiss on the forehead.

“I promise."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello Loves!

It's been such a long time sinc I've updated omg.
I hope I didn't lose you readers ;^;
I havent proofread anything yet so I'm sorry if it's choppy and doesn't make sense
I'll be sure to have you guys understand the next chapter !
Thanks for the patience for thos eof you who waited

Bye Loves!