Baby Names

The Underground City

Chapter 13
Baby Names

 

 

 

“I guess falling in love with a girl wasn’t enough for you so you decided to date her ex-best friend., huh? “

 

Had I just said that to them for everyone to hear? I didn't even know if he did like me in the first place. For all I know, I'm just spouting out nonsense to rile them up. And I feel super guilty for pulling in my best friend into this next part too.

 

“Oh, right. Not only are you starting to with her ex-best friend - you literally ed her other, still, best friend during the holiday off.”

 

I could slap myself right now but I don't know if I wanted to because, damn, I like being rude. And the priceless faces of Oh Sehun and Hwang Xin have become my happiness. My Tumblr aesthetic!

 

And if all things to happen at this moment, my enlightenment dropped. Something scratched the surface of my throat - Oh god. I know what this feeling is. My hands flew up to my mouth as I crouched down to the floor in a speed so inhumane that no one saw it coming. Baekhyun and Nari were at my side a second later asking what was wrong. They probably thought I was crying because my hands covered most of my face and my hair fell to my side. I really should be looking for a bathroom but the closest one was in the opposite direction and I wouldn't make it in time. Killing two birds with one stone is a blessing.

 

I uncovered my mouth and pulled back my hair slightly, lurching forward and vomiting all over Xin and Sehun’s shoes. Oh! And those seemed to be the shoes Xin loves the most. The one thing I didn't anticipate was the fact that Baekhyun had patted my back to let all my vomit out.

 

Today was a great day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun was irritated.

 

No, infuriated.

 

He knew that the look on Baekhyun’s face earlier was exactly defined as a win. Sehun lost. And he never loses.

 

Making his way back into the shared apartment of his, everyone could tell that their leader was not in the mood to talk. He needed to rant. And that's just exactly what he did.

 

“That ing ed up bastard of an just had to ing smirk! I'll cut off his ed-up of a face off with my bare ing hands.”

 

“Lessen on the word ‘' would you? That's all I only hear.”

 

Kai sighed when he noticed that Sehun wasn't going to stopping raging impure thoughts about what to do with their former member.

 

“Shut the up. That little of his even dared to throw up her on me and Xin. I swear, I'll kill them both.”

 

“Speaking of Xin, why are you dating her anyway? You do realize that she just one of those like Yuri and Seohyun.”

 

They all waited for Sehun’s reply but he only stood silent at the kitchen counter and eyes casted down to the marble surface. Oh, he knew alright. But what was that going to stop him from? He knew that Xin and Nari - or now known to them as AJ - were the best of friends. He saw it with his own eyes. It amazes him how the girl never found out about her own best friend's identity. And yet she didn't even look surprised on that day she fell to the hospital. Pieces of the puzzle were missing still but in no time, it would all be clear.

 

What irked him the most was how AJ assumed he had fallen in love with her. Maybe a grade school crush but not to the point he fell in love with her. Oh Sehun doesn't fall in love. But in the back of his mind, he knew that was a lie because he had fallen for someone else in particular.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I'm not ready.”

 

“ it up, Byun. They have to know sooner or later.”

 

“I choose later, please.”

 

Baekhyun was a stubborn about letting the Blood Oasis know about our relationship and what we are having together. And honestly, I don't even know what our relationship is either. I could say he's a friend but we're having a kid together. He can't be my boyfriend because.. Well, that's very awkward to say. Baekhyun hasn't asked me and neither will I ask because I'm just as stubborn as his sorry . My family welcomes him into the family already as if we're married and that's just already weird thinking about so I'm go in to stop talking about it.

 

“, get your up. I already called for a damn meeting and we're announcing this. Now.”

 

I grabbed his arm and almost hauled him over my shoulder if it wasn't for the major pains at my abdomen. I let go of his arm and scrunched up into fetal position crying out loud and cursing at Baekhyun in every uncensored way I could. I heard a heavy sigh from above before I was pulled onto his back and we are walking out of the house.

 

“Please refrain from doing such things. You have to be careful now.”

 

I couldn't argue with that so I just snuggled my head into the crook of his neck. With each step taken closer to the meeting place, his heart started to beat faster and faster. Of course, he would be nervous about this. My heart was racing just as fast. I can't guarantee the safety Baekhyun has once we announce to everyone that I'm going to be giving birth to a child and he is the father. Like I said before, it was a weird thought and I don't think there's any other way to put it without receiving some unfavourable and questionable thoughts.

 

The moment I heard the chatter of people in the arena felt like it was the first time when my father introduced me to these people as their new leader until I had an heir of my own one could say. Just thinking of the memory made me laugh. It was a mess. Being only sixteen years old at the time, I was pretty much still going through a teenage drama phase along with puberty. Appa thought I was mentally and physically ready to lead another generation on despite what had happened to the year prior when Luhan left us. Oh God, I was a squeaky teenage high school girl. I bet on anything that if I could see myself then from another perspective that I was so shy and unlike anything everyone expected of me. I was a complete wimp in their eyes. And thankfully, I was able to grow up into a fearless and competent leader that everyone in different countries would respect.

 

Baekhyun let me off to the ground and everything right then and there had silenced. Surprisingly, they took a bow towards Baekhyun as well when I greeted them all. They’ve already figured out that he’s going to be a part of Blood Oasis which makes me less nervous but that wasn’t even lifting off the main point from my shoulders.

 

“I called for this meeting because there’s a handful of new information you all need to know. As many of you have already perceived, Byun Baekhyun is going to join our family along with his younger sister, Byun Eunhyun.”

 

There was a round of chatter full of various emotions and tones. Most of the ones I could capture were curiosity while the rest had been bitter about the idea. I wasn’t surprised when I got a bunch of questions regarding Baekhyun’s previous position to our gang.

 

“He has completely betrayed SMTOWN for a very specific and personal purpose. This also leads to another whole reason as to why I called everyone here. As a family, we trust each other and will support each other through thick and thin. What I’m going to tell all of you is very.. shocking news, I suppose..”

 

I started fidgeting around with my fingers, feeling the bit of sweat forming on my head. I glanced over to Baekhyun to see him give an encouraging nod, snaking his hand towards mine and holding them tightly together for support. I drew in a deep breath before releasing the news to them all and await their reactions.

 

“I’m bearing his child inside of me so, please, to the many of you who are going to go all berserk right now, sustain yourself for my sake and don’t cause any problems.”

 

With that said, the arena hall had become wild within seconds. Everyone had their own different thoughts on this and it all related that this should be a joke. I’m afraid not. Everyone had gotten so crazy to the point some of them had already fired their guns and started throwing weapons to where Baekhyun and I stood.

 

I was going to have the both of us leave instantly until one of the bullets had nearly hit me. I was shocked to the point I couldn’t move and felt like I just had a heart attack. Baekhyun pulled me closer into his arms when he saw that bullet aiming straight at us. In the same second the bullet hit the wall, he turned to the whole of Blood Oasis and yelled at them. Everything became silent after that and I could see some of them scoff with a look thinking if he really had just yelled at them.

 

“Look, I get it. Not one of you will trust me to join Blood Oasis and that’s understandable. But how ing careless can you all be to aim and shoot a bullet at your leader?! She’s pregnant for god’s ing sake! Do any of you even know what could have happened if she was hit??”

 

Baekhyun let go of my hand and walked closer to the crowd to get a better look at all of them.

 

“I understand that you all want to kill me right now because of what I’ve done. But I’m not going anywhere, I’m not going to betray any of you. I swear on my soul, my own grave. Just please..”

 

I was dumbfounded, and I’m pretty sure everyone else was speechless and shocked, when Baekhyun had actually gotten on his knees and bowed down in a proper and respectful manner as if the Blood Oasis were a God. He kept his head down as he spoke.

 

“Please, accept me and my sister. I have no reason to run and I am taking full responsibility for Anhjae and our baby together. I will never leave her, never. She.. She means everything to me. If anything were to happen to her, all of you can kill me on the spot. Please, just give me this chance.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I watched Baekhyun and Luhan wrestle on my living room floor while Nari and I sat down on the couch, half watching them and half talking to each other. In front of us was a table piled with magazines about baby clothes, names, how to’s, etc. All by the courtesy of Cho Narae. If I had to say who the most excited person was for this pregnancy, it would Nari. She was squealing in happiness earlier when we went out shopping for groceries and saw the magazine racks of all sorts. With all the reactions she’s been showing, I would think she was having a baby of her own.

 

I stared blankly at the magazine meant for baby clothes while she talked nonstop about what to get for my baby. She kept insisting that it was going to a boy because of some weird instinct in her brain. But with me being the mother of the baby, I feel it’s going to a girl.

 

“Ah! Have you thought of any names yet?”

 

“Names? It’s been barely a month. It’s too early for names.”

 

“Nonsense! It’s never too early for baby names. Yah, Byun Baekhyun. Come here. We’re going to discuss baby names.”

 

I rolled my eyes but didn’t say anything further. She was right. Even people who are single already have a name set for their future children. I could see from my peripheral vision that Baekhyun sent a silent signal to Luhan saying she was crazy. I giggled and turned to my best friend who was waiting impatiently with a pen and a notebook in her hand. When did she get those?!

 

Luhan took a seat next to Nari, lazily putting his arm on the seat rest and scrolled through his phone doing god knows what. Probably texting his fiancé or something. Baekhyun took a seat beside me with his arms circling around me and laying his head on my shoulder. His hand held onto mines as he played with my fingers and traced the lines of my palm.

 

When did Baekhyun become a touchy person with me? Well, it happened right after the big scene he caused during the meeting. I pulled him away from his position and brought him back to my house where he started acting serious with me. I guess people are right when they say that boys man up and take responsibility when they’re involved in a relationship. Except, right then, we weren’t. Not until he popped up the question asking me to be his girlfriend. And as weird as I thought, I accepted it. Was it because I liked him? Or was it because it was something that had to be done? And as much as I wanted the latter to be the reason for it, I lowkey knew it was the first option why I accepted it. Otherwise, he’s wouldn’t even be here right now.

 

“So, have any of you thought of names at all for him?”

 

The mention of the pronoun had Baekhyun look at me confused before I told him that Nari thinks our baby will be a boy. He shook his head nonetheless and responded to her.

 

“I have thought of some names for the baby, both boy and girl names. Minwoo and Sura?”

 

Nari nodded while writing down these names in the notebook. I scrunched my face at those two names and I guess it was very noticeable because Luhan started laughing his of like no tomorrow.

 

“Minwoo sounds like and OK name. But a lot of people have that name too. I want something a bit unique? And Sura doesn’t sound right with any of our last names.”

 

“What about a Chinese name? They can be named after me!”

 

“Sorry, but I’m not letting my child be named after some stupid animal.”

 

“Why you little bit- “

 

“How about Miyoung? Sumi? Yuri?”

 

I looked at the man holding me with a disgusted face.

 

“Um, ewh? You did not just suggest a name from that ty group of SMTOWN.”

 

He looked at me sheepishly before muttering an apology.

 

I rest my back onto the back of the couch and thought for a moment before a light bulb went off in my head.

 

“Yah! Why don’t we just be those cliché couple and name our kid after us? The parents?”

 

It took a whole minute for everyone to figure out it was that easy to find a name.

 

“Would our names even be compatible enough to make a decent name? Baekhyun and Ahnjae?”

 

I thought for a little before smiling and looking straight at him.

 

“How about.. If it’s a boy, we name him Ahnhyun. And if it’s a girl.. I do like the name Nahyun.”

 

“Byun Ahnhyun. Byun Nahyun. Huh.”

 

Baekhyun looked a little hesitant but smiled brightly in a split second. He nodded his head in agreement as Nari and Luhan approved of those names and wrote them down in the notebook.

 

I looked down and put my hand on my stomach. I felt a new rush of excitement through my body.

 

Ahnhyun or Nahyun-ah. I can’t wait to see you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello Loves

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.
Is it onlu me who thinks this had a lot of plots going on? LOL
Welp, no worries - There's more chapters to be updated!

I now have more time to type up my chapters so I may be updating fairly quickly than my previous updates
(which you all may consider slow stil TT)
I dropped some AP classes and have so much more free time now to make this story a success and complete <3

I would like to thank all the subbies I've gained over the time being when I started this story and the new subbies I have that just appeared.
I hope you guys really do enjoy this story! :)

Please leave a comment down below so I know what your opinions are about this!
I lover interacting with you guys so I hope you feel the same way.

Bye Loves

 

P.S | The new [editor] update for AFF is really simple and nice. I absolutely love it! >u<