Of Hearts & Secrets

The Underground City

{ Baekhyun }

 

“You seem to be quite busy these days that you don't even come with us to fight anymore.”

 

I walked into EXO’s apartment, still holding the package of ice on my nose. God, did he really have to punch me? And he looks like a mere weakling to me! His punch was like throwing a couple ton of bricks in your face. And that really hurts.

 

I looked up and saw Chanyeol with crossed arms and his head tilted in confusion but also amusement. I rolled my eyes and walked passed him to freeze the ice again since it was starting to melt. I turned around and saw almost everyone staring back at me with questions in their eyes. The only people missing were Sehun and Suho Hyung.

 

“I’m sorry I have another life besides being with you guys. If you’re jealous, just tell me and I’ll refrain from hanging out with other people.”

 

I walked quickly towards my room, already guessing that they will pull me back and ask more questions. Which they did.

 

“Yah, what are you hiding from us? You’ve been awfully clingy with that new girl. I thought you didn’t like her?”

 

Kai voiced out from behind the group. I nodded, shifting from side to side pretending to think of something when in reality, I was not going to answer them. They waited for me though, but got frustrated when I only smiled and didn’t say anything.

 

“Hyung, answer us. Or else I’ll tell Boss about it.”

 

I glared at Chanyeol the moment he said that sentence while Kai and Kyungsoo looked at him with big eyes. How is he going to go and tell the boss when it’s my own personal business? The boss may be a big deal around here and could possibly get me killed but it's not his business. Ever since I've learned from what Anh Jae's father has told me, I don't think I can trust him anymore. It seems so.. Wrong. I could say the same about me actually believing in someone who isn't in SMTOWN. Especially since they are our enemy. But he just seemed like someone I could trust.

 

“That's pretty low, Chanyeol. You’re really gonna act like a tattle tale? Wow, never thought my friends would do this to me.”

 

I gave one last glare to him before stomping off into my our room. That is sleeping outside tonight. (God, why does it sound like we're a married couple?)

 

I locked the door before grabbing my phone out of my pocket to text Anh Jae. When I clicked on her contact, that’s when I stopped to think. I have been spending too much time out, especially with her. She’s actually the only reason I go out of this apartment aside from going out to eat with the guys or going on missions. Hell, I even bought that picture for her.

 

At the mention of it, I looked back to the top of my desk. The box was sitting there collecting dust. I wanted to give it to her, but I didn’t know how. I mean, it’d be odd if I suddenly just handed her the box without an explanation. Who wouldn’t think that’s just weird?

 

I sighed and lay myself on my bed. I’m having feelings. Feelings I shouldn’t be having and that are confusing me. It hasn’t been that long either. She makes me feel secure and makes my heart do flips with all these butterflies inside me. The call earlier with what Nari said made me blush. Well, who wouldn’t when you’re assumed to be doing the dirty deed with someone else? But not the point! Her expression was cute and I just wanted to hold her right there and then.

 

However, there’s the other feeling. Where she reminds me of.. Eunhyun. They act the same way. They even seem kind of similar in appearance. And don’t think wrong, I have no interest in . Just, no. But I can’t differentiate the feelings between the two. Is it because I haven’t seen my sister since so long ago that I just miss her and think of Anh Jae as a replacement? Or do I think I actually have.. feelings for Anh Jae because she’s the first girl to ever approach me as nothing more than just me? No, the only girl to ever approach me beside my family?

 

My phone rung and I froze at the contact. God, she really has good timing for these things. Does she not have anything to do in her life besides being the tech geek she is?

 

“Hello?”

 

I answered hesitantly. The other line of the phone was dead silent that it started to scare me a little. But then an ear piercing greeting made me scare myself to death by a heart attack. I moved the phone away from my ear as far as my arm could extend. After I knew it was good and clear of not having to be deaf, I put the phone back to my ears.

 

“Can you not?

 

I said with my teeth grit together. I could hear giggling on the other line and a deep laughter in the back too.

 

“Sorry, Baekhyun. You know me, I’m just an extremely energetic person.”

 

I could practically feel the smile she had on her face. There was another sound from a person that sounded familiar but I couldn’t recognize it.

 

“Why are you calling? It’s already late. Especially me. We don’t talk casually.”

 

“Oh, brighten up. We’re friends after all.”

 

“You’re men tried to kill me.”

 

“And who decided to stop it? Besides, AJ would have killed me if I tried to kill her precious boy.”

 

I groaned when she said that. It was not helping my thoughts from earlier either.

 

“You called. What is it?”

 

“What are you getting for her birthday?”

 

It took me a minute to process her words in my mind. What birthday? There was a birthday I was supposed to go to? What?

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“I'm talking about AJ’s birthday, !”

 

There was a quiet ‘' in the background and that's when I recognized the voice.

 

“Ah! Is that Luhan with you?”

 

There was a faint ‘hi, hello’ and I managed to say it back and Nari confirmed my question.

 

“I didn't know you two were together. Wow. Someone actually likes you?”

 

I teased without knowing it. She yelled at me and if she was here beside me, I knew she would punch me in the stomach for saying that. I heard Luhan Hyung yelling at me to shut up. Huh, I wonder when we got so close to actually speak informally.

 

“Yah, Byun Baekhyun. Just you wait.”

 

I could feel the mischievous coldness in her voice. I was somewhat surprised and amused but I didn't mind. After this, we all talked (ohkay, there was yelling like ninety percent of the time) for hours, getting to know each other and planning out Anh Jae’s birthday. It occurred to me that she never mentioned it before.

 

When everything was set, I fell asleep peacefully that night.

 

 

 

 


 

Life is beautiful. Nothing could compare to it. But then again, what is the meaning of beautiful? Beautiful is something universal. It has the happiness, the sadness, the pain, the entertainment. It's all around us, even in the tiniest form. Isn't it also aesthetic? The way our life flows over every certain detail there is. How we can find the same people in our own lives to be one? Life is beautiful. It's perfect.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Nari called me for the something that was dangerously unexpected. I should have known that when one comes, the others follow. They were friends after all. And even after they've gone their own ways, it still remains the same. He's back in my life and I can't ignore that.

 

“What are we gonna do? You can't face them. You can't face him.

 

The two of us sat in the headquarters of my house in The Underground City. No one was home at the moment. Appa went to do some business down west from Seoul, Min Kyung has school and the twins.. They are somewhere in the world.

 

“Facing him is the least of my problems, Nari. If they attack when we’re not looking?”

 

She stared at me with an unbelievable look on her face before she grabbed my arm and stood up. She headed for the door as I stood confused at her actions.

 

“Now we really know that Chen is the main problem. He’s causing you think wrong. Have you forgotten that the UC gangs do not ever stop their guard? We are always looking around and standing as a Blood Oasis.”

 

She could tell I was scared. I don’t know the reason myself why I am scared of him to appear into my life.. Maybe because he broke my heart? Wants to hunt me down? Because he’s my first love? I hate the fact by just hearing his name can make me petrified.

 

I broke out of my thoughts when I realized we were in a car. Nari drove over 150 km/h. I was sure enough we’d get pulled over but surprisingly not. And along with that, we ended up at the far side of SMTOWN. The path wasn’t that far anyways but we ended up in the very back which was part of the hills. I’ve never really explored the area so I don’t know what the place was for. It consisted of 6 different colored Bugatti Chirons. Each one was styled differently than the next along. The one that got my attention the most was the shiny black coat with golden interior. I knew who this car belonged to. I’ve been inside of it.

 

I took a closer inspection of the exterior and found a mark engraved with gold also. It was the shape of a light with the initials BH. If I doubted that my memory of the car in front of me belonged to Baekhyun, I am now or sure I know who this car belongs to. But why is it in the back of the building? The parking lot is up front. Nari was checking out the other that was a full on spectrum of different shades of blue. She was fascinated with the car that I had to pull her away and hide behind the thankfully giant bins that unfortunately held garbage. It stunk but we had to not let ourselves be caught when the voices came closer.

 

“I swear he is up to something. He’s getting close with that Nari girl. Even I’m starting to not like her.”

 

“She seems to act like a too. Remember my friend Yibo? He said he went to the same high school as her and she's completely heartless to everyone. She was the Ice Princess of the school apparently.”

 

It was fine if they didn’t like me. The feeling is mutual. I mean, they did point a gun at me when we all first met. But it’s definitely making my blood boil for that guy to call me a . Like, who the hell do you think you are?? Who the is Yibo anyways? I was never heartless! Apparently my friend seemed to think differently because she was silently laughing like she was about to die from the lack of oxygen. And she will have that if she doesn’t shut up.

 

I wanted to give a piece of my mind to them until I realized we were still hiding from them. I could only grumble silently.

 

“I wouldn’t be surprised. It’s a no brainer to why Xin stopped being friends with her.”

 

I froze the moment they said her name. They know each other? How is that possible?

 

“Woah, wait. They actually stopped being friends? Isn’t she supposed to keep an eye on her because she’s involved in SMTOWN now?”

 

“Seohyun said there was no need anymore. Yuri told everyone she was nothing but the average girl. She’s nothing dangerous.”

 

Oh, , you better hope I won’t be dangerous. I’m right behind this ing dumpster of your guys’ living area and I hear all this information about me. You all better prepare to protect yourselves before your are cut off and shoved down your throats. I am definitely mad about this. Yeah, just mad.

 

The engines of the cars started and drove off not a second later. I give no flying s about where they are gonna go but I am going to find more information about the things related to Xin. She's not supposed to be known around these people. Now I need to know why. Unless.. Someone informed those tweaks about our connection. God dammit, I swear to god, whoever it is, they are dead.

 

 

 

 


 

It’s really awkward. And annoying. Like, at its finest. Because when you are going on a group trip to the beach with people whom have called you a and said they don't like you behind your back but they show up with goofy smiles and kindness, it's complete bull. It's not even funny. I want to wipe those smiles off their face with my foot.

 

And it somehow makes me confused as to how Nari, Luhan and Baekhyun are suddenly close like they've known each other since they were in the womb. Together. Like, what is this? Am I being pranked? What is this sorcery?

 

I was checking schedules to when we would arrive at the beach house and everyone was in their own groups. Even my own group was taken by that short stick of an eyeliner.

 

I decided to do some undercover work with the EXO boys while Nari is distracted. I went over to the group and they looked at me right away. I gave an apologetic smile and acted a little shy.

 

“Hey, sorry about the long wait for my personal items. I didn't think it’s take this long.”

 

The guy with slightly pouted lips looked to the guy with a fatherly figure. The latter in return gave a smile, showing the eye smile at the corners.

 

“It's fine. We all forget our own things, right? I me-”

 

My phone rang and it showed the caller ID of Hyung Jae.

 

“Sorry guys! I need to get my bag. I'll be right back.”

 

I quickly turn on my heel but I could hear the faint whisper of pouty lips saying ‘I told you so’.

 

I met with the older twin soon enough and he handed me a duffle bag that was packed.

 

“Security devices, gun and knives, wires, electrical tape, and your laptop. Any other delivery to be made, Madame?”

 

Hyung Jae teased with a cheeky smile. I shoved him playfully but gave him a peck on his cheek anyway.

 

“Thanks. My baby brother is finally listening to me orders. What would I do without you?”

 

He chuckled and ruffled my hair but froze midway when he stared behind in my direction. His face had turned emotionless and cold. I turned back to see one of the EXO guys frozen in shock and confusion on their face. I faced my brother and told him to quickly leave before they could remember his face. He left with a quiet goodbye, his eyes never leaving Chanyeol. I sighed and walk back to where the said giant was. He noticed me approaching and looked nervous.

 

“Ah, uh.. I came to get you since you took a while.”

 

I nodded silently and walked past him, back to the cars. Everyone was waiting and we entered the cars after I told them I was ready. I was going to enter Baekhyun’s car but Luhan and Nari immediately rushed to me and pushed me aside to one of the others saying they want to talk with Baekhyun some more. Giving a suspicious nod, I said that there were four seats so I could join. Luhan still pushed me to a different car, Kai’s car, saying that he brought a lot and needed to keep them safe so the seat is taken.

 

I huffed but didn't say anything else. I got into the shotgun of Kai’s car, a shocked Chanyeol with his hand held in midair that was supposed to be for opening the door. I glared and just sat quietly. The rest made their way in side in the backseat, one of them being right behind me because they had to fit four people in three seats safely.

 

The ride was quiet, whispers every so often. I could tell it was about me though considering they called out every one of my aspects but I pretended to not notice. I decided to not give the three idiots any dinner when we got to the villa since I'm the one most likely making dinner. Unless Nari says something because she usually joins me while cooking.

 

“So, Nari. Tell us more about yourself.”

 

I glanced at Suho, the person who asked me. I cleared my throat and answered them vaguely.

 

“I'm a university student and work.”

 

“Where do you work?”

 

I eyes Sehun who asked me this time. Its the first time he's spoken to me in a while actually without being harsh or cold. But that didn't mean I wouldn't do the same. I mean, wasn't he the one who just suddenly disappeared on me every time we talked. I could say the same though.

 

“A restaurant.”

 

I quickly say, not bothering to explain further. I think he got the message because he seemed to not say anything else and neither did his friends. We arrived there after what seemed like forever. I got out of the car and grabbed my bags from the trunk. I ignored everyone else and went straight to the villa. Unlocking the doors, the fresh scent of the cold beach breeze reminded me of my younger summer days with my family. I dropped my bags at the door and walked inside, exploring the old villa. I went to the patio in the back, basking in the beautiful night sea air and it's warmth. I closed my eyes in pure bliss, wanting to just relax here for a while.

 

“You seem to be relaxed now. That's good.”

 

The deep bass in his voice made me shudder. It was nice to still hear it again, but I don't think I'm up for a talk with him now. He's always coming and going as he pleases.

 

I turn around to face him, his sharp features immediately meeting with the setting sun. His eyes glowed with the same orange with the horizon reflecting across his orbs. The lopsided smile etched on his face have me some mixed feelings, ones I shouldn't be having in the first place. He body leaned against the door frame, arms crossed together. God, he looked so perfect.

 

“You're pretty hard to figure out sometimes, Oh Sehun.”

 

His perfectly shaped eyebrows raise and his arms let themselves go to his side as he walks forward suavely.

 

“How so, Park Nari?”

 

“You're nice one second and the next, you talk to me as if I did the most horrible thing in the world. You ignore me for days and then come back like it's nothing.”

 

I walked past him when he stopped the moment I started. Before I completely left him alone, I whispered in his ear.

 

“And I know you don't function like that, Sehun-ah.”

 

 

 

 


 

“Listen old hag, just give us the money, or you're gonna get hurt.”

 

The teenage boy held a gun to Nari but she just looked unfazed. I stood, watching her deal with this herself since she wanted to take at least one of the cases herself.

 

She looked at him with a bored expression and held a bag of white and green substances. She looked at them like they were nothing and sighed out heavily.

 

“Little boy, it's the other way around. You give us our money or you will get hurt. But I don't need money. I need information.”

 

She pulled out her gun and twirled it around her fingers. The other teenage boys surrounding us looks terrified. But the boy who had threatened her was glaring at her.

 

“Its our business, so let go and give us the money.”

 

She scoffed and walked over to him in a slow pace, so each step she took was placing a hint of fear on him.

 

“Let me tell you a story, kid.”

 

She tossed the bags to the ground and grabbed one of the boys from the outer end.

 

“There was a boy about your age. He was everyone's spirit. But one day, he just got hooked.

 

 

She played with the kids hair using her free hand while holding the scared boy with the other along with the gun.

 

 

“He had a Noona who made him promise to never go the wrong direction. But he ended up just like this. Under a city building, with other boys just like him. And you know what happened?”

 

 

Nari placed her hand on the boy's head and shook it a little.

 

 

“He went mentally ill. He made his life full of drugs to the very last drop. His mentality was so ruined that he almost killed his Noona. The Noona he loved so dearly before any of that happened. His Noona loved him too much to see him in pain. She wanted to let him free. But in the end, guess what happened?”

 

 

She asked the boy who looked fearless before but was now scared. Scared for his life.

 

“His Noona shot him.”

 

Her gun went off and the boy in her arms went limp. His blood drenched her shirt but she payed no attention to it. She dropped the boy and walked over to the now feared boy who threatened her.

 

“Now, little boy, what were your orders? Noona is going to only ask once before she repeats her history.”

 

The teenage boy was terrified for his life. Even though the other boys around him told him to say nothing, He looked undecided. He looked over at me for a second before gulping and looking at the ground.

 

“He told us to act as if we were dealers to attract someone. He said he wanted us to do so until a girl with a fox tattoo came.”

 

My face hardened at the orders and so did Nari’s. The surrounding boys groaned quietly, probably going to get a beating from Chen or s for spilling information.

 

I walked up to the outer circled boys and knocked them down one by one, making sure they hit amnesia. I faced the boy Nari held, holding his chin up.

 

“Tell him to come at me instead of being a little wuss like the little boy he is.”

 

I knocked him out like the rest, but made sure that he didn't have amnesia so he can remember to tell Chen.

 

Nari and I walked out from under the deck and headed back to the villa. I glanced at Nari to see her in the emotionless state she is in as she was 6 years ago. I was reluctant to bring her with me but she just insisted. Remembering the events of her brother is painful.

 

 

 


 

 

 

I got out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around me, hoping no one was near me. After getting all bloody and what not, it felt nice being able to smell like my coconut scent. I made my way to my room, pretending to be a ninja, watching out for any of the boys so they won't see me. But when I turned to corner, looking opposite direction, I bumped into something, making me fall back. I closed my eyes, ready for the fall but I felt arms wrap around me instead and pull me up. I opened them to see a blushing Baekhyun turning his head away from me. I let out a breath of relief, not sure why because I should be mad that my plan failed for letting any of them see me in only a towel.

 

“C-careful next time.”

 

He coughed out stuttering. I silently giggle to myself and pat him on the shoulder before walking past him and into my room. Before I could close the door all the way, he intercepted his hands through the door.

 

“Wait! Uh, actually.. I need to tell you something. Ah, maybe I should let you get dressed first. Yeh, you go do that. Ohkay.”

 

He turned away robotically and walked a few steps before I pulled him in and smirked. He's so cute when he's embarrassed.

 

“Just wait here while I change.”

 

I turn around and bend down to rummage through my bag for clothes. I haven't got the time to unpack any of my belongings. I wiggle around, knowing full well that he is staring right at me - at my actually. God, he really is a byuntae. I stood straight after finding everything and turned to him.

 

“Hey Baek, can you turn so I can change?”

 

He blinked a few times before nodding like no tomorrow and turning. I could see His ears turning red. If anything, I think Baekhyun will be staring and drooling over me on this trip. I’m just so fabulous.

 

I quickly changed into one of my cute outfits, consisting of a dark blue snapback, white baseball jersey, denim shorts, black thigh high socks and a pair of my favorite Vans high tops. All of us were meeting in an hour to go explore a forest beside the beach on the far end of the place. I called for Baekhyun to get out of my room. He was  little red on the face still which I found cute in a way. Even he can act like this.

 

We both sat down in the living room waiting for everyone else to enter. Nari was out to do some grocery shopping since she is the one who will be cooking on this trip. The EXO boys were somewhere off on their own. Speaking of which, that Sehun is a little irritating isn’t he. I mentally scoff at his little act of coldness towards people and intimidating aura. There’s something that boy is hiding and I’m willing to find out by all means. And by all, I mean by all.

 

I blew a raspberry and grabbed the control of the PS4 placed on the table and to what I hoped what would be in there. When my favorite song of all played as the opening menu came up, I cheered in joy and lay back to rest while I scrolled down to the ‘Load File’ selection. Baekhyun sat next to me and looked quite interested as if he had never played or seen this game before. He finally asked what I was paying after 10 minutes into the games as it started to show another scene to the plot.

 

“Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue.”

 

 

“What’s Kingdom Hearts?”

 

I froze my body and slowly turned to him with a look of shock and disbelief. He did not just say what I think he said. He seemed purely curious which made me almost have a heart attack. How could he not know what Kingdom Hearts is?! Dear lord, what kind of human being is he? I paused the game, and fully turned to him with my leg crossed over the other and hands intertwined together.

 

“Byun Baekhyun. As a person, you hurt me. How could you not know what Kingdom Hearts is? It’s the best series of games ever!”

 

“Actually, I’m more of a Marv-”

 

“I’m sorry, did I ask for your opinion?”

 

I snapped sassily and he stared at me like I was something oddly new. I took the controller and saved the game as it went back to the menu screen. I selected the ‘New Game’ option and waited as it played the opening scenes as it usually does for every other series of Kingdom Hearts. I gave the controller to BAekhyun and waited for him to do something. He only looked at me with confused eyes but I nodded at him and the controller saying he is going to play the game.

 

After a few protests and me threatening him, he obliged to play for only a little bit before giving it back to me. Hah, lies. Because an hour later, he is totally focused on fighting one of the Organization XIII members in the House of Oblivion. I kept shouting at him too make different moves when he does the absolute opposite and screaming that he doesn’t know what to do.

 

When he finally beat Xehanort, the both of us jumped up in the air as the screen showed him disappearing. We cheered to ourselves and each other that we even hugged. Hugged. I didn’t even know until there was a cough at the other end of the room where the door was and everyone else stood there with amused looks. Nari walked further holding grocery bags with Kyungsoo. She wiggled her eyebrows giving me that I-know-what-you-did look. I stopped her look when I gave a stern look to her. She continued into the kitchen with Kyungsoo. Everyone else looked at us with questions needing to be answered. But I shrugged it off and sat back down, grabbing the controller and continue playing.

 

“Stop with those stupid faces of yours. Are we going or not?”

 

“Actually.. We have something to talk about. Privately.

 

I glance at Baekhyun seeing as he stiffened and then nodded along while walking to his friends. They called for Kyungsoo and all headed up the stairs together. I waited for a sound to signal that they are somewhere in an enclosed space before getting up and heading to the kitchen where Nari was already starting to prepare tonight’s dinner.

 

I leaned against the counter next to her as she chopped carrots and cabbage. She looked really focused on cooking but I knew something bothered her.

 

“Feeling any better?”

 

She stopped chopping for a little bit before nodding and resuming. She also gave me a reassuring smile, knowing I was talking about earlier. I silently helped her in the silence, cutting pieces of the meat laying on the counter. In the plastic bag. Today, we’re having japchae, - one of my favorite foods - samgyetang and fried oysters. It’s a weird mix but all of our favorites in one.

 

She started talking to me about what I did when we came back from our task earlier in the day. I told her what happened, leaving the part about Baekhyun and me inside my room while I was half out. She got a little heart attack just like me when I mentioned that Baekhyun had not known of Kingdom Hearts at all.

 

Another thirty minutes later, almost all of the food was ready. The samgyetang was taking the longest to cook so as Nari prepared the japchae and fried oysters, I went to go get the boys as it was starting to get passed dinner time. I silently walked up the steps trying to figure which room they were in. I passed by all of them until I ended up at the very last one. I was about to knock when I overheard something I really didn’t want to hear. It made me freeze just by hearing it come from their mouths. How do they even know?


“This is going nowhere. What are we gonna do about Sleepy Hollow? They’ve crossed the line. Chen has crossed the line.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello Loves ^ -^

I HAVE FINALLY UPDATED.
HELL YEHHHHH.

I would like to thank for the few new subbies for taking a new liking to this story.
All thanks to the discovery of After Lights Out.
Totally not advertising my new story line

This story is almost reaching 100 subscribers and it really means a lot to me
because I never had this much before and I'm totally not freaking the out.

*HYPERVENTILATES TO THE MAX*

Back to the note ~
I just want to say thank you guys for still reading this after so long and yeh.
You guys are love.

Bye Loves ^- ^