Chapter 8

You turned up the love in my heart

Gary’s POV

We were not able to meet up at the café like usual as we were both busy. Seeing her here after a long time of missing made me surprised as well as delighted. I saw her shaking from the cold weather and so I took of my jacket and put it around her since I was worried that she might catch a cold. From a close look, she was very beautiful and I was like “Oh my, am I seeing an angel?”

Her milky white skin face is glowing under the reflection of street’s light. I couldn’t move my looks from her. When she lifted her head up, our eyes met. Her big round eyes staring at me were like stars sparkling in the night’s sky.

 Unknowingly, I cupped her face with my one hand and caressed her soft cheek. I moved closer. Our faces just inches apart. I could feel her breath. I moved a little closer till our nose tips touched. I then slowly closed my eyes and moved in a bit closer to kiss her light pink soft lips.



“Ring- Ring- Ring” gary’s phone rang.

Both were woken up by the sound. Their brains started functioning again after a moment of romantic time travel. Both were blushing away.

“Jihyo-a, I am sorry,” Gary said in low shy voice scratching his head.

“Oppa, your phone is ringing,” jihyo said lowering her head.

“Oh, please excuse me for a minute,” gary picked up the phone.

“Gary-ya, when you come back, buy tteokboki, please,” gil on the other end of the phone said.

“Ya! You are calling me to buy this at that moment. I am busy now. bye,” gary quickly hanged up the phone.

“Jihyo-a, I am very sorry for my disrespect behavior. I didn’t do it intentionally, I mean, I did, no, I just, that is…,” gary lost words to explain.

Then jihyo cut in. “Oppa, have you finished your dinner? I haven’t. I am hungry,” jihyo said shyly.

“You are hungry? What do you want to eat? There is a restaurant that sells good spicy sea food. It is not a fancy restaurant. Is it okay with you?” gary asked.

“I am okay with everything. Let’s go oppa.”


During their meal, they didn’t say a word. Jihyo avoided eye contact with him because she was too shy to face him. Gary would steal a few glances at her sometimes. They would comment on how tasty and how delicious the food was but after a while, the atmosphere became awkward again.

After their dinner, gary accompanied jihyo to where her car was parked. “This is my invitation card to my fashion show oppa. Please don’t forget to come,” jihyo handed the card to gary.

“I will definitely come. And about earlier I am very sorry. I know just saying sorry is not enough. How can I express my apology towards you? I am afraid you won’t ever contact me again and our close relationship will be broken off,” gary said.

“I accept your apology oppa. And we will still be friend and sibling. Here is your jacket oppa. Thank you for the meal. I will go now. Bye oppa,” jihyo said.

“Drive safely,” gary said and went back to the studio.


“Gary-ya, did you buy the tteokboki?” gil asked when he saw gary entering the studio. “Why are you looking at me furiously?”

“Ya, you little ra…,” gary almost cursed. He then grabbed the sofa cushion and hit him. “If you didn’t call me at that moment, I was about to…..,” he kept hitting and gil kept screaming. “I am leaving now,” gary said and left the studio leaving gil and other in confusion.

“What did I do wrong?” gil asked Miwoo, a new artist of their company.“I have no idea either. Maybe because you called him when he was in the middle of romantic drama scenes?” she said. “I think you are right,” gil mumbled.


Gary entered the house and went to sit beside HaHa in the living room.

“Hyung, you are back? Joon kook hyung invited us to come to his sister’s fashion show next week,” HaHa said.

“You mean this?” gary said holding up the invitation card.

“You met with joon kook hyung?”

“No, I received it directly from his sister,” gary said proudly.

“Do you know her? How do you,” haha was confused.

“There are a lot of things you don’t know bro!”


Jihyo threw herself onto the sofa in living room as soon as she arrived home. “Have you finished your dinner, noona? Hyung and dad are coming late today since there is a meeting with the directors of the company,” kwang soo who was playing game on the opposite side of the sofa asked.

“Omm I had finished, a sweet and romantic dinner…,” jihyo muttered still lying idly on the sofa with a bright smile on her face.

“Kwang soo ya, do you believe in love at first sight?” jihyo got up immediately and asked. “Why are you asking this suddenly?” kwang soo was confounded. “I just want to know,” jihyo said turning her head slightly towards the TV in front.

“Well, of course, there is. One of my friends, he also met his girlfriend accidentally and they also fall in love at first sight and now they are the best couple I have ever seen. Many of the relationships start from one sided love maybe. They will meet each other coincidently and then they become close and their love will grow up. That is what I think. And I believe love at first sight is real although I have never experienced,” kwang soo said.

“And what does it mean when a boy try to kiss a girl? Is it a kind of confession?” jihyo asked in her curious tone.

“It is kind of a confession though. For a normal boy, who will love sincerely to his girlfriend, he will attempt to kiss her because he wants her to know how much he loves and how much he cares for her and how much he wants to make her happy. For a play boy, he kisses a girl just he wants that… you know it right? I am afraid my answer may not be the right to your question since I am not a professional at this field,” kwang soo said

“Now I had answered every question of yours and now is my time to ask you back. Who is that mystery boy? Dong wook hyung?” kwang soo asked curiously. “No, I am just asking you because I have seen in a drama?” she said. “Look how red your cheeks are. Tell me noona. Who is the man who shakes our noona heart? I will keep this as a secret noona…,”

“I am tired. I am going to bed. Good night,” she said and went into her room. She sat on the edge of her bed and replayed back the scence.

 “Why my heart is still beating too fast whenever I think about it? Is gary oppa a playboy or the one who sincerely loves her girlfriend? How about you, song jihyo, are you also falling for oppa? But my heart feels twitching when he comes closer to me,” she said to herself.

“And my heart beats always fasten whenever I meet with him. Is it because I love him? Should I ask what the reason he try to kiss me? No, no, lets wait and see. Wait and see for what? Are you looking forward to his confession? Aishhhhh, I don’t know,” jihyo was asking the questions non-stop to herself and scratching her head from confusion at the same time.


On the other hand, someone was wearing the jacket that he put around jihyo and breathe in to the perfume smell that was left on it. “Ohhhh, her perfume smell is so good. I wish this scent won’t ever disappear. I think it is about to confess to her. But what if she didn’t accept and even our close relationship will end?” gary thought.

 He knew he loves her but if he confessed, he was also afraid of losing her. He was in between the two choices, to confess to her or to just stay like friends forever, these were hard to choose for him.


What will he choose?