Chapter 4

You turned up the love in my heart

Gary finished showering and put on his clothes. ‘Ring-Ring-Ring’

He heard her phone ringing and picked up. “Hello.”

“Hello,” Jihyo answered but she didn’t know how to proceed the conversation. “I think you are the owner of the phone,” Gary started. “Oh yes, I am, I dropped my phone yesterday at the club and was worried that it would be lost. But I am now relieved to know that you kept it. Thank you so much,” she was talking non-stop.

“It is okay, then, how can I give your phone back? Where should I come?” Gary said. “I will come to you instead. Please choose a place where you are comfortable with?” Jihyo replied.

“Let’s meet at the X coffee shop around 9am. I will wait you at a long bench table situated near a big window.” Gary said excitedly. “Okay, thank you so much for keeping it,” she said. “You are welcome” Gary replied and they hanged up.

“He is a male,” Jihyo talked to Kwang soo in her mong face. “What a destiny!” he but ended up got hit on his shoulder by her sister. “Your answer is not agreeable this time,” she said and went into her room.


The next morning, Gary was waiting at the coffee shop.

“Hi, my name is Kang Gary. You are so beautiful,” he said, “what a silly comment!” “How about, Hello, I am Gary and wink!” While he was practicing his dialog, “excuse me,” he was drawn back into reality by the voice. “The phone,” Jihyo said shyly. Gary then stood up and greeted, “Hi, my name is Kang Gary,” he bowed.

Jihyo did the same and introduced herself. “I am Song Ji Hyo, nice to meet you, thank you so much for keeping my phone. I was there to catch my little brother and unknowingly dropped it.” She explained the situation.

They sat down and Gary handed the little bag with her phone inside it. “Kang Gary-ssi, do you have time tomorrow? I want to treat you as a thanking gift,” she said with her prettiest smiles. “But you don’t really need to, it…,” before he finished his sentence, she cut it in, “Please don’t say no to my offer.” Jihyo said in her cute voice.

“Why is she talking cutely.” Gary thought feeling like his heart was about to melt. “Well, I will accept it then,” Gary agreed. “Are you free tomorrow evening? Please give me your phone number so that I can call you where to meet,” she handed her phone.

While he was typing his phone number, he heard a male voice calling Jihyo’s name. Jihyo also heard it  and looked up to where the voice came. “Dong wook!” she was surprised. “What are you doing here? He is Kang Gary who kept my phone when I left last night.”

“Nice to meet you, I am Lee Dong Wook,” he bowed. “Is he her boyfriend?” Gary thought himself. “Kang Gary-ssi, he’s my friend” she said. “Nice to meet you too, I am Kang Gary,” he said and shaked hands.

"I will get going then Kang Gary-ssi, please free your schedules tomorrow,” she requested and said goodbye. “You didn’t bring your car, right? I will drive you to work. Here’s your favourite Americano. I came into the shop to buy you coffee and saw you were here,” Dong wook then handed her the coffee and they left the café.

In the studio, Gary was restless walking back and forth which made Gil annoyed. “What a relief he’s not her boyfriend! But why did he have to buy her favourite coffee?" Gary asked himself. “Am I getting jealous now? Come on, Kang Gary, don’t say you are in love at first sight. This kind of love only exists in dramas. Stop thinking nonsense. But why did my chest can feel something beating so fast when I saw her.”

Her smile, the way she talked, the way she walked, her incomparable beauty and her easy going personality made Gary fall in love her. But Gary still couldn’t figure out he was in love with her or not.

“She is my type,” Gary mumbled to himself. “Who is your type?” Gil who was eating noodle on the table beside Gary seemed to scent the love blooming in Gary’s. “Nothing hyung, Aww hyung, please clear every schedule of mine for tomorrow because I have something important to do,” Gary told Gil. “What, dating?” Gil teasingly laughed.


The next evening, Gary was at a restaurant where he and Jihyo agreed to meet. Gary reached earlier. Then Jihyo came into the restaurant, in her olive green dress with a grey long coat that fitted her in perfect figure. She put on a light make up and with a pink gloss lipstick on her soft lips and her hair in a light curl. Gary couldn’t believe his eyes. Her light steps in her black high heels walking towards him were like a fairy that came down to meet him. “She is the goddest of beauty,” he praised her in his heart.

She bowed and sat in front of him. He was wearing a white shirt with long sleeves rolled up which showed off his strong hand and half of his tattoo revealed on his hand made him ier. “He is so handsome!” she screamed in her heart. “I am sorry to make you wait,” she apologized. “No, I was only a few minutes earlier than you.”

“I didn’t think we will meet like that when we were at a coffee shop,” jihyo recalled their first time meeting at a café. “What do you do? I am a designing manager at my dad’s company,” she said. “I worked as a musician and a lyricist. But I keep my profile low so media rarely recognize me,” Gary answered.

“Do you usually go to that café? I sometimes go there to get inspiration on my music,” he asked. “I do go there every Monday because I don’t have to go to work early at that day so I usually go there and sit at the long bench table to enjoy the morning with a sip of morning coffee,” she replied.

They chatted and asked about how their life and laughed together to some jokes. While jihyo was pigging in her food, Gary saw a red sauce on her left cheek and he told her but she kept whipping the other areas on her face. He then stretched out his hand and cupped her face with his right and whipped the sauce on her soft cheek with his thump.

Jihyo felt blushed and her cheeks turned into red tomato. “I am sorry it is on your face, so,” Gary also unknowingly did this and he also felt shy. After they finished their food, Gary then offered her to drive her home back cuz she was trying to catch a taxi.


On the way in his car, Jihyo fall asleep after a few minutes because she was too full that her eyes gave up to open. Gary took a few glances at her at the traffic or when there were less cars. They arrived at her home and jihyo was still in dreamland.

He decided to wait her till she awake cuz one thing was he didn’t want to disturb her sleep and the other thing, most importantly, he wanted to have more time beside her. Gary couldn’t take his eyes off from her. He pulled back a strand of her silky smooth black hair behind her ears so he could see her natural glowing face.

All these actions of Gary were watched by someone with his fierce dark jealousy eyes inside the car across the street.


 Sorry for my bad grammar and english and thanks for reading my fanfic. Thank you so much. Really thank you.