Chapter 12

You turned up the love in my heart

Gary was waiting at the parking lot of jihyo’s company and when he saw jihyo turning her car key, he walked straight to her and grabbed her wrist that made her startled.

“Let’s talk,” he said tightening his grip on her wrist.

“I have none so let go of me,” jihyo said sharply.

“But I have,” he said and pulled her towards his car. With his one free hand, he opened the passenger seat’s door in front and forced her in. He too paced his steps to the driver’s seat and got in the car.


“What are you doing?” she asked with her eyes wide opened confused of what he was doing now. But he gave no answers, instead he step on the lever and drove on with high speed out of the parking lot.

“Where are you going? Stop the car right now!” she uttered in a sharp voice. No words were still spoken from him.

“Then I should call the police that someone is kidnapping me,” she took out her phone to dial the police station but before she could reach to touch the numbers, gary snatched the phone from her. Jihyo was startled.

He opened the message box and sent a text message to someone before turning it off and throwing it violently towards the back seat.

She was numb with shock to see his action and most importantly his serious face. He was really a caring and a sweet man throughout their friendship, but now to her, she wondered if this is the real side of him. He didn’t say a word. A tight grip on the steering wheel, eyes fixed on the road. She maintained like a statue for a minute.

“Oo…Oo… ooppaa, why are you doing this? What do you want from me? Where are you going?” she stuttered.

She waited for him to talk back but seeing there would be no response, she frowned and glare at him. She moved her gaze from him towards the car’s window beside her and looked out of it. Street lights, people in their colourful coats in the cold weather walking along the pavement, cars’ honking, these were still alive in her vision before her eyes got heavy and slowly shut down.


After an hour, she woke up from a nap in the car. The moment she looked out of the car’s window, the night view was totally different from what she saw earlier. Less cars, widened road, no pedestrians. It seemed like they were on the high way road.

“Omo! Did we just left Seoul? Please oppa, just tell me where we are going?” she asked in a dreadful voice.

“To get some air,” gary answered gruffly without giving a glance at jihyo.

“Pardon?” she went mong.


After an another half hour drive, (already 9:30 pm)

They arrived at somewhere outside of Seoul. Jihyo opened the car’s door as soon as it stopped. The moment she got out of the car, she felt her shoes sunk into some gritty particles. She looked around. A total darkness but with the lights from the lamp-post that wasn’t too far away and with moon’s light shining, she could see a very calm sea was in front not a very much distance from her.

The calm sea was falling on the sand with such tiny ripples that it made hardly any sound. Then she realized she was on a sandy beach. She was confused why he brought her here in this cold winter as well as frightened of what he might do to her. She turned to face gary who was behind her.

“Why did you bring me here?” she yelled. She was really upset with the photos and now he brought her when she already had said she don’t want to see him anymore. Feeling of anger plus feeling of betrayed exploded. Without knowing herself, she lifted her right hand about to smack his face. Her temper now sparked like damp firewood.

Gary caught her hand and pulled her into his embrace. She struggled to free herself from him. But the more she tried so, the more he tightened the hug leaving no gap between them.

“I am sorry, jihyo-a,” he said, “sorry for bringing you here. Because… this is the only place I can talk with you alone.”

“I already said I have nothing to talk about. So please let me go,” she said while struggling herself in his embrace.

“Please believe me… , I have no girlfriend and I never lied to you. My feeling towards you is sincere. Please believe me. Please don’t misunderstand me.”

After a while, gary released her from his embrace. He put each of his hands on either side of her arms holding them. They were now looking at each other.

“That photo you saw, this is misunderstanding. I don’t know where you got the photos and who showed you these but I can explain it to you jihyo-a. That day, after I hung up the phone with you, I got a call from miwoo and went to the studio immediately. There, gil, got drunk and he came back to the studio together with that girl. She asked me for money as a payment and I gave as she told. I accompanied her to the outside of the studio and that was when she grabbed my shirt collar and kissed me on my cheek. I don’t know who she is, maybe probably from the club. I swear she isn’t my girlfriend,” he explained with his eyes begging for forgiveness. She was just staring at him vaguely.

“I… I… I admit I flirted with the girls when I go to the club. But starting from the day I met you, I cut off this habit. Because you have taken place in my heart. You are the one who turned the love in my heart. Though I had said several times, I have to repeat this. Please don’t misunderstand me, I never played with your feeling. Please don’t ignore me, I feel like my heart about to break up into pieces,” his eyes about to get watery.

She looked him into his eyes. She felt she could see the sincerity in his eyes. She felt she could see the true love of him to her in his eyes. She saw no lies in his eyes. She also loves him and she was just afraid to trust him. Now that all the sincerity and love were shown from him, she felt more secure and she was no longer upset with him. She even fall deeper into him with his frustration that she might not believe him and ignore him.

“Oppa…,” she softly spoke.

“You still can’t believe me? How can I … prove … Oh…. Yes… you can call gil or miwoo to ask. I swear I don’t lie jihyo-a,” his voice sounded shaky with fear that she might not believe him.

 He released his grasp on her arms and reached to his pockets to pull out his phone. She pulled his hand and held his in her hand which was as cold as ice. She again looked into his eyes lovely.

“Oppa, I believe you now. I love you,” she finally confessed the love which was already willing to show to him. At the same time, soft white snowflakes started falling through the air. The first snow of winter had fallen from the dark sky.

“Did… did… you just say you love me?” he couldn’t believe his ears.

“You didn’t hear? don’t make me say it twice. I am shy,” she said lowering her head down blushing away. Blood run through her soft white cheeks turning them pink.

“You are so cute when you blush,” he said and pulled her again into his embrace with one hand around her waist and other around her shoulder the smooth hair of hers. She, too, instead of struggling like at first, she put her hands around his waist hugged him back.

“It is just that I can’t believe my ears,” he said inhaling the scent of her perfume that drifted up to him.

“The first time I saw you, my heart whispered ‘that’s the one’. I think about you more than you could ever know. I feel like,…, like I am on top of the world when I am with you. I love you,” he said in his charismatic voice.

“Oppa,  have you ever said these words to any other girls? You sound like a love expert,” she giggled. She pressed her head into his chest and tightened the hug.

After a while, he broke the hug to face her.

“Believe me. I have never said these words to any other girls. Only you.”

With his icy cold left hand, he caressed her soft cheek. He slightly lifted her chin up and moved closer to her. They could feel each other warm breath. She closed her eyes. His lips met hers. He pressed his lips gently onto hers. Their hearts beat together in sync. Their mind connected as one by strong love bond.

“I love you. I will never leave you,” he whispered after a soft touch kiss.

“I love you too,” she replied with the cutest smile that made gary fallen deeper again.

He removed the snowflakes that were on her silky hair and again moved in closer. Kissed her with the most passionate deep kiss which she responded by circling her arms around her neck pulling him closer for a deep soft kiss. Their first kiss, a deep and passionate kiss, would remain in their hearts as an unforgettable memory for them. Despite the cold weather, the romantic love confession and romantic kiss happened on a sandy beach with the first snow of winter falling through the air.


I am sorry for my late update. hope you enjoy it.