Chapter 5

You turned up the love in my heart

Dong wook was in front of Jihyo’s house and when he was about to get out from his car, another car came in and stopped in front of her house. He saw Jihyo with the man with a familiar face in that car.

He then recognized the man was Gary who Jihyo introduced and the one who kept Jihyo’s phone. He went back inside the car and watched them.

Jihyo was sleeping soundly and then he saw Gary was pulling her hair back behind her ears. Dong wook hit his car steering wheel with his fist violently in his enragement.

His innocent brown eyes were suddenly darken into fierce ones by jealousy exploding in his heart.


Gary took out his phone and captured Jihyo’s sleeping face. “I want to keep this moment forever,” Gary whispered. Jihyo moved her head from which was facing Gary to the other side. She seemed to be waken by the captured sound of his phone.

 Gary quickly moved his gaze from her and acted like he was using the phone. Jihyo slowly opened her eyes and “Oh my, how long have I been sleeping in your car, Kang Gary-ssi?” she was shocked to see herself still in Gary’s car.

“For about 30 minutes since we left the restaurant?” Gary replied. She felt shy and kept apologizing for causing him trouble. “I am sorry and also thank you for driving me home,” she said and get out of his car.

“It is okay,” Gary said calmly. “Jihyo-ya, what are you doing outside at this late hour?” Dong wook called out her and went closer to her.

 “Oh, I had dinner with Gary-ssi, you remember him right? He also drove me back home,” jihyo said. Both men bowed each other and Gary then excused himself and got into his car.

Dong wook put his arm around jihyo’s shoulder which made jihyo flustered but she quickly retreated.

 “What are you doing here?” jihyo asked. “Why are you asking me like a stranger when we are more than friends. It is not like my first time coming to your home.” Dong wook said slightly raising his voice. He did this in purpose to let Gary know how close he was to jihyo. Gary heard it, also saw his actions but pretended he didn’t and drove off.


“More than friends, not the first time coming to your home,” the words Dong wook said couldn’t fade away easily from Gary’s mind. He gulped down his drinks and frowned.

He was in the club for last 15 minutes trying to relieve his stress, more than saying stress, he wanted to transfer the heat to his body because he couldn’t stand the hotness boiling up in his chest no more.

More than the words from Dong wook, most importantly, he was like that because that day was the last day he met with Jihyo. “Why am I feeling like I had lost my country?” he signed.

Truly, he was, he was like a man with no hopes. “Stress-Stress-Stress!” he screamed but his voice frequency couldn’t penetrate the loud music in the club. Not too long, his face brightened like a room in complete darkness was lighted up immediately.


On Monday morning, Gary was at the X coffee shop and went to where he usually sat. He watched his clock and took a few glances at the entrance of the café. It seems like he was waiting for someone, right?

Indeed, yes, he was waiting for Jihyo. He remembered what Jihyo said at the restaurant while he was gulping down his drink at the club, about that she always comes to this café every Monday. He thought there were still hopes to see her again.

So he got up early, put on his best clothes, called gil that he would be late today and went straight to café. As he was watching the entrance, there she was, jihyo, in her light sneakers and in jean’s shirt and jean’s pants with her hair tied up into a bun.

Gary turned his head back to look out of the window. He was wishing jihyo to sit next to him and she actually did. “Jihyo-ssi,” he said surprisingly pretending like he was here writing his music and accidentally met her.

She was surprised too. “We kept meeting each other, what a coincidence!” she said. They chatted while enjoying the autumn morning together.


Like this, every Monday, Gary would wait jihyo at the café and chat together. Monday became like a fixed day for both of them to meet up and talked about their life, their work and the café became like a place for sharing their happiness and laughter and sadness together.

 They became closer than before. They became like siblings who care for each other and became like close friends who will there for someone when he or she needs. The only thing they didn’t do was talking on the phone what couples usually do.

And the more they met and the more they became close, the love in their hearts started to bloom. Gary fall for her again and again and the love seemed to be locked up in his heart started to jailbreak.

Gary’s straight forward personality and the jokes that gave her laughter every time when she felt low, his caring and his kindness, these attracted jihyo’s heart and was difficult for her not to fall for him.

“Jihyo-a, do you want to listen to my new song?” he the song and give one of the earphones to jihyo and put the other into his ears and listened together.

 “Gary-ssi, it is really good. You rap so well,” jihyo praised. Gary looked at jihyo with his lovingly eyes. “Jihyo-a, we had known each other and you can call me Gary or Kang gary instead of Kang Gary-ssi.”

“Since you are a little older than me, can I call you "oppa" instead? As I call my brother also like that,” she said. “As your wish, madam,” Gary joked while his heart was in fireworks. Jihyo laughed shyly.


Love blossoms finally opened up in the hearts of our couple………………….