SM Entertainment

It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kangin calling…

“Answer your phone Jiyong. It’s irritating,” Top said blatantly whilst focused on his tablet working on a song.

There was an established rule that when the eldest talks, the younger ones had to follow. But for some reason Jiyong was not in the mood to do that. Answering his phone meant that he’d have to deal with the nonsenses of his childhood friend over something he really want to forget. Kangin had been bothering him for days and sure enough Jiyong just knew what he wants.

“If you will not answer the damn phone, better turn it off,” Taeyang said, taking the initiative to turn off the ringing phone. Jiyong muttered thanks but did not look up from the computer and continued to focus on his composition.

The day was an unusual day since the group had no idea as to why they we’re all working in one room instead of going to their own individual studios like their usual work day routine. It was odd for Jiyong that their group manager did not even bother to inform him if there was a group agenda today and then just suddenly drag them into one room and just told them to stay there together. Jiyong wasn’t even aware if they had to do anything or reach a goal or something by the end of the day. He should’ve known if they had something. Shame that he didn’t.

“Hey hyung, you’re being summoned to the top floor,” Seungri said looking up from his phone as he caught all their attention.

“Why not call me personally?” Jiyong asked.

Taeyang smacked his head a little hard. “I just turned it off a minute ago because you don’t want to be disturbed. Try to focus,” he said.

Jiyong scratched his head and smiled sheepishly. They should be already used to the fact of him falling out of focus when doing work. He muttered a meek apology and stood up to go to the president’s office as requested.

“Before you go there,” Daesung halted his exit. “Because surely you’ll talk about that article, have you read about the trending celebrity news?” He asked which made Jiyong’s brows furrowed to a frown.

“You know that I don’t indulge myself to such kind of news because some of them are only loads of trash and unfounded gossips. It’s hard to distinguish the difference between the facts and the rumors. What is it about this time?”

Daesung briefly looked at the guys which also looked up to meet his eyes before he answered. It’s a wonder if their eyes really met knowing Daesung’s little eyes.

“Better see it for yourself. Open your phone and type your name. I’m pretty sure you’re still on number one as of this time,” he said then get back to his work.

These guys really knew the deed to make anyone anxious. They had been acting different since they met up this morning and had been avoiding to engage JIyong into conversation. Even Seungri’s been acting a little strange.

“Whatever.”

He grabbed his phone and resumed his excursion to the top floor and while walking he turned it on and opened a reliable news website. As the website loaded he noticed the top 5 list of trending search word at the side. His eyes opened wide in shock and he double checked if his vision was not faltering and if he was only seeing things. He couldn’t believe that there he saw G-Dragon, his name obviously, next to the name of Kim Taeyeon and a couple name as he suspect, G-Tae, and then there was the name of that cool kid, Baekhyun, and the next one was Kiko, which made him curious why people would search her name. At the top front of the news site there was a link to the trending news and so he clicked it and completely stumbled on flat ground as he enter the president's office.

“What the is this hyung?!” He asked as he straightened up, eyes wide facing Yang Hyunsuk.

“Oh you just saw it. Figures. I was waiting for you to come up to me about that,” he said not even looking up from his paper works.

“What the hell is this? Who made this up?” Jiyong was outraged. The article was a baseless rumor, of course, but in the eyes of the many it’s something controversial and something worth talking about. A wave of shock run through his spine and a tinge of fear was clearly reflecting in his eyes. The news article got him off his socks when he also found out that the news was already trending world wide and he’s helpless to do anything about it. He was afraid for himself, and for Taeyeon as well. And ever so slightly, he was afraid of and for Baekhyun.

Jiyong was always careful when it came to his issues with Taeyeon. He always made sure that nothing could ever link them together. And it was always an easy job to do since they’re on different companies and with different reputations. Ever since he met that woman he made a promise to himself to protect her from media attacks and dangerous sasaeng fans. With confidence, he was successful in keeping that promise until recently when she was out of his control and dated the EXO kid and been the center of media criticisms and hate comments from the fans. From there he failed. And now, he’s sported another failure.

“What do you want me to do?” Hyunsuk asked.

“Well, it’s obviously false and for sure SM will deny it. She’ll deny it. So just go with the flow and deny it after they do. Answer it with a laugh if you have to,” He said. He looked at the article again.

Jiyong felt really uneasy, though. How did this happen? There was never an interaction between them that he could think of, especially this past three years because they always made sure to avoid each other, but if otherwise he’s sure that he would definitely remember. It was like embedded in his system that he needed to avoid Taeyeon because surely that’s what she’s going to do and he didn’t want to be seen chasing after her with all that YG’s reputation he had to uphold. Of course, reputation was just one of the reason. She hates him, that’s really what bags the money.

Three years ago, Jiyong was trapped by the fact that Taeyeon was his. She was the angel that tamed the devil that lives inside him and he was the moth drawn to her flames. She had always been the light he kept in the dark and in that darkness she was contented and stayed there. But that was then before he made the biggest mistake and because of that mistake, she fled was gone. And of course he admit it was all his fault.

Everything fell apart in Jiyong’s life the moment Taeyeon stepped out of that door one night when she came to say good-bye. Of course, the immature part of him did not made a move to follow her. All because of his pride. But surely afterwards, when she was already gone, realizations hit him hard and made him realize that that night he just made the biggest regret in his life and he can never reverse back time to change it. That always happen in dramas and movies when it’s always too late and that clichéd s.

“Well, that’s what I was expecting you to say but not what I wanted you to do,” Hyunsuk said as he stood up from his chair and walked to the opposite side of his desk and leaned to face Jiyong.

Jiyong sighed heavily. “Not you too. I’ve had enough of this already! Why are you all pushing us to reconcile when it’s already too late and it happened three years past already! Why now? Why just now?!”

Hyunsuk looked at him sternly and stood straight and calmly said the words that came forth from his frank mouth. “Think Kwon Jiyong. Do you think you’ll be able to fix anything in that span of three years when you were busy cherishing your mistake with that Sailor Moon?”

 That silenced him.

“Kwon Jiyong, you’ve just woke up from that horrible nightmare. I’m not sorry if what I’m saying will offend that girl because it’s true and of course she’s not here to hear it anyway. You were just freed from a witch’s spell. Don’t you think it’s the right time to do something about it? It’s in the nature of human beings to ask for forgiveness, repent on one’s mistakes and reconcile. We think it’s time for you to be human again and redeem yourself because, for all we know, you’re living a hermit’s life and in the brink of transforming yourself to a zombie. It’s time to wake up and correct your mistakes now when it’s not too late,” he said sitting back on his chair to continue his work as if nothing happened.

Jiyong just answered him with silence,utter silence.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter