the competitive siblings

❝ senioritis ❞ // REVEALING CHARACTERS
REVEAL 003
( "aye s.coups here's the baton man!" )
SEPTEMBER 08, 2015
Mr. Na placed his hands on his hips an looked out on to the field. He took in a deep breath and sighed.

“Another year to go through again.” Mr. Na turned around when he heard the teens chattering behind him.

Class 3-a made their way towards him, pushing each other and messing around. The 28 kids were all dressed in their sports attire. The girls in black shorts, white shirt, and a matching black jackets and the boys in their matching attire but with pants. Mr. Na smiled at the sight of the pretty class. He was one of his favorites, since they were full of athletic people.

“Alright! Class 3-a! We’ll be doing a relay race I set up. 7 groups of 4. Groups yourselves, you’re all seniors!” Mr. Na clapped his hands together.

“Yes, Na-seonsaengnim!” The 28 teens began to group off and five minutes later, they were all paired up.

“Line up at the starting line, kids! I’ll hand over the baton. So here’s how it’s going to work. The first two runners will do a single lap, while the last two will do two laps. Simple, right?” Mr. Na explained while passing the batons out. “You all get five mintues to stretch, then I’ll be calling time.”

Immediately, all the students started to stretch. If class 3-a seemed competitve with other classes, they were especially competitve within themselves, especially a certain pair of siblings.

Chwe Jaehwa was stretching her legs out in a professional manner, like any dancer should.  She twisted and turned, only to catch the eyes of her younger brother, Hansol, who was right next to her. Her lips turned up in a smirk.

“Ready to lose, little brother?” Jaehwa said in a bit of a mocking tone, and began to stretch her arms.

“Me? No, because I’m not gonna lose. But I hope you are.” Hansol retorted.

“Puh-lease, Hansol. We all know that I’m gonna beat you. Right, Jaehee?” Jaehwa knew of her brother’s crush on the tough girl, who was on her team.  So it was only natural that she could bring her into the conversation.

Jaehee side-eyed the Chwe siblings and sighed. “Leave me out of your sibling fights. This is between the two of you not me.”

Hansol glared at Jaehwa who just giggled. Hansol was about to say a sassy comeback, but Mr. Na blew his whistle.

“Alright! Everyone into positions!” At the front of the lines were mainly the girls. Jiwon gripped the baton in her hands and Seungkwan, who stood behind her gave her an encouraging squeeze on the shoulder. 

All the groups got into postion and when Mr. Na blew his whistle again they were off. The students who weren’t running yelled and screamed encouragements to their team’s runners.

“C’mon Heejoo! You can do it!” Jaehwa screamed from her spot.

Soon enough, all the first runners finished their lap and the second runners began their lap. Jaehwa and Hansol kept looking over at each other, both determined to beat the other. Jaehwa looked over her shoulder and saw Jaehee in the lead. In a blink of an eye, Jaehee passed Jaehwa the baton and she began to run like her life depended on it.

She was fast, good on her feet. Jaehwa didn’t stumble and she finished her two laps faster than her brother did, which was very surprising. When Jaehwa finished her two laps and handed the baton to Chan. She sat down on the floor panting.

“Aye, S.Coups here’s the baton man!” Hansol yelled when he reached Seungcheol.

“Yah! I thought I told you to stop calling me that!” He yelled at Hansol over his shoulder.

Class 3-a laughed, at least the ones who weren’t out of breath did.

“I told you, little brother. I did beat you.” Jaehwa muttered. She lied down on the floor, totally out of breath from running so fast.

“Yeah, yeah. Shush, Jaejae.” Hansol replied, a smile on his face, which showed that he wasn’t that annoyed by her.

Jaehwa made an attempt to get up, when a hand appeared in front of her face.

“Need some help up?” Jaehwa looked up to see a boy with silver blond hair.

Shyly, Jaehwa nodded and took his hand. Once she was up on her own two feet, Jaehwa pulled her hand away and brushed her hair behind her ear. “Thank you, Minghao.”

“It’s no problem.” He gave her a sweet smile, before walking over to his friends again”

Jaehwa didn’t even notice when Mr. Na announced her team as the winners of the relay race. She was too occupied staring at the Chinese boy who managed to catch her eye. 

 I have a feeling this year is going to be a good one.

author's note
( bunny ) : hey everyone! and merry x-mas to those who celebrate it! I wasn't doing anything at my family xmas party, so i decided to write up the next reveal! congrats to you-gave-us-a-galaxy and her character Chwe jaehwa. i really like writing this chapter. i hope you guys like it too~ I know a lot of you guys applied for the dancer plotline, but don't unsubscribe! because remember i'm adding two extra characters! AND SIDE NOTE, DID EVERYONE SEE SOME OF THEM DYED THEIR HAIR AGAIN, OH MY FREAKING GOD, JEONGHAN WITH RED HAIR KILLED ME.