the wish for normality

❝ senioritis ❞ // REVEALING CHARACTERS
REVEAL 002
( "SHE'S SO SAVAGE!" )
SEPTEMBER 08, 2015
Mr. Lee stood in front of class 3-a. He stared out at the group of teenagers and sighed as they constantly chattered and talked. He knew of these students, everyone in the school did, including the faculty. Since the students were kept in the same classes all throughout their high school years, this group of 28 students have been together for two years already. Dubbed the pretty class amongst the students, class 3-a was full of the heartthrobs of Baek Ho.

“Everyone quiet down! I’ll be doing role call!” The 26 year old male called out to them. Some students quieted down, but others continued to talk. Mr. Lee raised a hand to his temples and was about to slam his hand on the podium when one of the students beat him to it.

The female student in the seat right in front of him picked up her notebooks and dropped them on her desk. All the other students calmed down at the loud noise and turned towards her.

“Guys, Lee-seonsaengnim is trying to speak. Be respectful and listen to him.” Her voice was leveled, but held an authoritive tone. It was like she knew exactly what to do and what to say.

“Yes, class pres!” The class choursed.

Mr. Lee flashed her an appriative look. “Thank you, Heejoo.” She gave him a smile back.  “Now, let’s start role call.”

The morning meeting and the first two periods of the day go went by smoothly. Class 3-a had their english class as well as their Literature class with the butterfly teacher, Ms. Kang. It was their small break before they saw Mr. Lee again and most of class 3-a ventured into the hallways to talk to other studets.

Jang Heejoo was one of the students who stayed at her desk. She quietly pushed her non-persciption glasses up and began to look over her notes from earlier. As she was reading over her notes on English poetry, Heejoo felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked up and saw Jaehee standing over her.

“Hey, Jaehee. What’s up?” She looked at the taller girl, who had her arms crossed and bubblegum in .

“Junho from class 3-d is looking for you. Don’t know why though.” Jaehee cooly blew a bubble and quickly popped it.

“Junho? Like Nam Junho?” Heejoo’s voice was laced with confusion.

Jaehee just shrugged. “He just told me to come and get you.”

“Alright. If Lee-seonsaengnim gets here while I’m gone, please tell him I’m in the restroom or something. And spit that gum out, Jaehee. You don’t need to be getting more demerit points, it’s only the first day.” Heejoo stood from her seat and lightly patted Jaehee’s shoulder as she walked by.

Exiting the classroom, she stuck her head out slightly and caught sight of a tall, blond male leaning against the wall. At the sound of a door opening, his head turned. When he saw that it was Heejoo, his lips quipped up into a smirk.

“Hey, President Jang. Over here!” He yelled, even though he was only three feet away from her.

“Nam Junho. What do you want?” Heejoo said, already bored from the conversation. Her eyebrows were raised as Junho made his way towards her. She let out a gasp when he gripped her wrist and trapped her between the wall and his body.  Heejoo glared at him, but made no move to get away, curious from what he had to say.

“So, I heard from Sang-seonsaengnim the senior classes are going to have early exams to see what we remember from last year. I bet that 3-d is definitely going to do better at 3-a this time around.”

“Really, Nam? Is this all you called me out for? I have responsiblities as a class president to get to, ones that you should be doing as well. So please, release me and be on your merry way.” Heejoo unintentionally sounded sassier than she meant to, making students who were listening in on the two class presidents conversation scream in uproar.

“Daaang, she’s so savage!” Heejoo recognized that voice as one of the boys from her class.

“Chan! Lower you voice, damnit!” Typical Jiwon, Heejoo rolled her eyes her voice.

Junho was about to reply, when a hand landed on his shoulder and pulled him back.

“You heard the lady. Hands off.” It was Junhui, the boy she helped back in their first year.

Junho glared at the other boy. Anyone could tell he really wanted to say something. But he stopped himself when the sound of someone clearing their throat could be heard. Everyone’s head turned and saw Mr. Sang, the dean of students, standing near the end of the hall.

“Shouldn’t you all be in class?” He asked, eyebrows quipped up in a threatening manner. That single sentence made all the students, except for the two boys glaring at each other, as well as Heejoo, run back into their classrooms.

“Nam Junho. I believe you have an afternoon class meeting to run. You too Jang Heejoo.” Mr. Sang turned around and began to walk away. The students took that as their cue to go back to class, not without the two class presidents giving each one last glare.

Heejoo walked into the classroom first, with Junhui right behind. Thankfully, Mr. Lee hadn’t shown up yet, so she had time to situate herself.

“You’re welcome by the way. I expect you to thank me by having lunch with this handsome guy.” Heejoo turned to look at Junhui, who had a finger pointed at himself.

“I didn’t need your help. I was handling him just fine.” Heejoo abrubtly turned back around, right when Mr. Lee walked in.

And I was hoping for a normal senior year.

author's note
( bunny ) : Welcome to class 3-a jang heejoo! and congrats to booyouwhore for having her wonderful character chosen to be our class pres! i was having a lot of fun writng this chapter. i don't know why. maybe because it's 5 in the morning where i live. anyways, if there's any mistakes, tell me! because, like i said, it's 5 in the morning. so yeah. also check out the faculty and facility page! i added many pics for you guys to see~