the worry of relationships and class 3-a animals

❝ senioritis ❞ // REVEALING CHARACTERS
REVEAL 007
( "they ransacked the snacks like wild animals" )
SEPTEMBER 16, 2015
Nam Huiryoung sat at her usual desk in class 3-a, nose burried in a book. The class was empty, as it was every day, since she was always the first to get there. She was reading “The Fault In Our Stars” and despite the whole thing being in English, Huiryoung still managed to read the book without any problems. She was immersed in the book to the point that she didn’t realize someone was walking in.

As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep. Slowly, and then all at once.

“Huiryoung, Huiryoung. Thank the lord you’re here. I need a favor from you.” A loud voice interupted her reading. Seungkwan had ran straight to her desk and placed both elbows on it, clasping his hand together in a pleading motion.

Huiryoung looked up at him with a raised eyebrow. “Is it about Jiwon again?” She asked before her eyes went back to her book.

“No, what? Why would I ask about Jiwon?” He let out a nervous laugh, when she gave him another look. Seungkwan sighed. “Okay, fine. It’s about Jiwon.”

“When is it not about her? You’re obsessed with her, Seungkwan.”
 

Seungkwan’s jaw dropped, almost in a comical way. “Wha- I, I am not.” He cleared his throat. “I am not obsessed with her. I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

Huiryoung rolled her eyes, but let him continue. 

“Okay, so here’s the thing. I was sitting next to her earlier, right? Eating breakfast and all that . We were talking and all that, but she kept texting throughout the whole time.”

“Seungkwan.” Huiryoung interupted. “Are you sure you are just making a big deal out of things?”

“Yes, I’m sure, now don’t interupt me. Anyways, she kept conversation up and everything, but then she started blushing and giggling at her phone. And all I could think about if she had like some sort of secret boyfriend or something. “

“Seungkwan, what’s the point of this conversation?” Huiryoung put her book down, which surprised him. She never does that. But he snapped out of it.

“COULD YOU FIND OUT IF SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND? OR ELSE YOU’RE SETTING YOUR OLDEST FRIEND UP FOR HEARTBREAK BY CHASING A TAKEN GIRL.”

At that moment, more of class 3-a entered the room, including Jiwon. She walked in talking to Junhui and Chan.  Huiryoung and Seungkwan witnessed as she laughed and messed around with the two of them. Seungkwan gave Huiryoung a pointed look. But before she could answer, Mr. Lee walked in.

“Alright, everyone in their seats! The bells about to ring.”

Dejected, Seungkwan walked to his seat. Huiryoung, on the other hand, imediately picked her book back up and began to read again.

Hours passed and it was time for their break. Huiryoung was still stuck to her book like glue and was going to remain there until class started again.

“Hey, Huriyoung.” She looked up and met Jiwon’s kind eyes. “Do you want any snacks or something? I was gonna make a run to the student shop for everyone.”

Huiryoung just stared up at her for a while. Her mind traveled back to the conversation she had with Seungkwan earlier and decided she should be a good friend and help him out.

Much to Jiwon’s surpirse, Huiryoung put her book down and stood from her seat. “Actually, I’ll go and help you. Can’t have you doing a class food run by yourself.”

The long haired girl smiled. “Thanks Huiryoung.” Jiwon looped her arms through hers and began to pull her along. “Let’s go.”

Throughout the walk there, Jiwon managed to keep talking most of the time. Huiryoung listened, not wanting to be rude. By the time they got everyone’s snacks, which took up three bags because let’s face it class 3-a can eat for hours, and were walking back, she hadn’t found a good time to bring up relationships.

“You know, Huiryoung. I saw Seokmin staring at you before we left.” Jiwon giggled at her comment before continuing. “I think he wanted to talk to you or something.”

She wasn’t too sure how to answer to that. She could feel her ears heat up, before changing the topic. “What about you Jiwon?”

“Hm? What about me?”

“I heard you were all smilely and stuff at breakfast.” Huiryoung tried to make it as casual sounding as possible. Luckily for her, Jiwon didn’t suspect anything.

“Oh that. I was texting my brother. He kept texting me stupid puns and being stupid. Wanna see?” Jiwon carried the two bags of snacks in one hand and pulled her phone out for Huiryoung to see.

On the screen, she saw someone with the name “Yeollie Oppa” and many subsequent texts with lame puns and jokes. A smile made it’s way onto her face when Jiwon took her phone back. The two of them conversed the rest of the way, well Jiwon mainly talked, and made their way to the classroom. When they got there, the other students ran up to them and ransacked the snacks like a pack of wild animals. Huiryoung grabbed a chocopie and was going to sit on her seat, but someone pulled on her arm and dragged her outside. 

“Did you talk to her?” It was Seungkwan, eyes wide and full of curiosity.

“I did,  and you worried for nothing you idiot.” Huiryoung hit him on the top of his head with the chocopie. “It was just her brother, she even showed me. So calm the down.”

“Oh thank god.” Seungkwan pulled her into a hug, but she just awkwardly stood there. “You really are a good friend, Huiryoung.”

She smiled at his words and patted his back a little. “I know.” She jokingly said.

Seungkwan let her go and the two of them entered the class again. Huiryoung sat down at her desk and began to read once again.

When will I ever get to finish my book? 
author's note
( bunny ) : finally, another reveal done! so happy new years to you guys! i hope you had a fun first couple days of 2016. i hate to say this but i'll be going on a small hiatus until the end of january sometime in the next week. i have S.A.TS AND finals coming up so i have to focus on those, but afterwards i'll be back and running again! so yeah! only three more plotlines and the two other characters to reveal and the story will be going! i hope you guys liked this and congrats to missk0610!