001 - The Nerd

The Bad Boy's Good Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Bad Boy’s Good Girl

001 -  The Nerd

HaNeul P.O.V

 

I stayed on the floor as the students came and walked passed by me.  Some girls giggle at me and some guys whispered, loud enough to make me hear it. One of them came and decided it would be fun to kick around and stomp on my homework. He kicked my hand when I tried to take my papers then picked the homework up and smirked as they were ripped to shreds.

 

They all laughed at me and walked away when the bell rang. After all the people left to their class, I quickly went back to regain my focus and I picked up all my homework on the floor. This was an everyday thing, I always be shoved to the wall or locker, being pushed around and almost tripped as I walked through the hall or classroom. 

 

Majorities of the teachers know about the bullying - some of them were stupid enough to notice- and everything that happens to me but even if they did notice it happen, they wont do anything. If the teachers did actually ‘try’ to help me, they're scared that they’ll make it worse.

 

“Hello there, Nerd” I heard a familiar voice. I looked up and saw Joo Young with her minions smirking at me.

 

“Hello to you too, Joo Young.” I quickly stand up, facing her. One of her minions, came and grabbed me by my collar, pinning me to against the locker making me drop all my homework once again. 

 

“I forgot to greet you, MinJi. Hello” I said and she smirked. 

 

“Do you think I care about your greetings??” She snickered. She glared at me making me stare at her dark cold brown eyes. The girl came closer to me, inches away from my face. 

 

‘I hate you’ she mumbled. 

 

“You can stop all this drama now.” Joo Young whined loudly whilst rolling her eyes and suddenly MinJi let go of my collar, making me crash on the floor with a wince. They all laughed at me and walked away, stepping on the remains my papers.

 

 

 

Maybe you thought that I’m going to cry, Hmm No! 

 

 

 

Because this is the average day of me. Baek HaNeul. A good girl who always score straight A’s in every exam. I didn’t do anything wrong, I may be lying a few times but they choose me as the nerd, they choose me to be the perfect victim everyone can hurt mentally and physically. When anyone has a bad day, they just come to me and I just let them come to me because even when I fought back, they just laughed at how pathetic I am and bully me again in the next day. This bully thing happen to me for about 3 years.  

 

And I only have one more year to survive. Even I’m not at school, I get bullied. Bullies followed me everywhere. School, mall, public pool, sauna and even at public toilet. 

 

 

 

I definitely love them.

 

 

 

And the weird thing is, I, the nerd, used to be friend with the popular, Joo Young and her minion. When I say friend, I really mean it. We used to be really close. We walked to school together, ate at the cafeteria together, went to the gym together and even at toilet together until one day. I tripped when a foot magically appeared  when we were walking to our usual place in the cafeteria. I accidently spilled all my food at Joo Young who just bought her new skirt a few day ago. All the people laughed at me and maybe because of me, my old friends felt embrassed. They started to stop talking with me and stop walking with me. Stopping everything they always did with me. 

 

One day, MinJi and Joo Young come personally and talked with me about a few ‘things’. 

 

 

“You know, because of you,everyone laughed at us.” Joo Young said aggitatedly. I looked up at her, stupid enough to think that they’d still be friends with me again. 

 

“I’m sorry. It’s not my fault. Someone put their foot when I was walking and I suddenly tripped.” I responded, almost like pleading them to forgive me. Nahh they won’t.

 

“Really?? It’s not your fault?? And who said to the school all of my secrets and who gave them all my picture when I'm in kindergarten?? All I know is you are the one who have the photo at the time.” Joo Young spat while pointing at me.

 

“When did I did that?? I didn’t even know that happen??” I said, defending myself. 

 

MinJi laughed and suddenly throwed a picture to me. A picture of me walking into a photo shop with a brown envelope. I took the photo and saw a date at the ended of the picture. 23 Nov 2012. 

“So, what are you going to do now?? Just admit it. We already know the fact you hate us because of our popularity, duh” MinJi laughed. I was about to cry– no scratch that - I was  crying - that’s good. I was left on the room, sobbing and screaming for the whole evening.

 

After this thing happen, I decided to skip school for two weeks. I locked myself in my room crying and crying. When I went back to the school, Bam , the cruel bullying began.

 

 

The bell rang for the first period. I sighed. Great I was late for my favourite class. 

History. I know most of people hate history, but I love it. 

 

I think thats the reason people believe I’m a Nerd

 

After class, everyone had left to the class except for me, I’m usually the only one that is left. I headed to my next class and took a sharp corner when I reached the stairs, only to be bumped into a hard wall.

 

“Ouch!!” I groaned and fell onto the hard floor. But this wall isn’t hard as always. 

 

I looked up and saw a very unfamiliar face looking at me with the Oh-my-god-I’m-so-sorry expression. I was going to stand up when suddenly a face popped up from he’s back and I fell again. 

 

“Gosh, I’m so sorry” he exclaimed while helping me to stand up.

 

“Thanks” His friend came to me and politely bowed. 

 

“Annyeong-haseyeo. I’m Hong Jisoo or you can call me Joshua.” He said. I smiled slightly before took my homework back.

 

“Hello, I’m JeongHan, you can call me JeongHan. Nice to meet you.” The guy who I bumped said. I studied his face and I realised he had long hair. 

 

 

 

What a nice hair you got. 

 

 

 

The other guy smiled at me when I looked at him. “What are you doing here??” JeongHan asked. I was about to turn when another guy popped out infront of me making me stumbled and almost fall. Joshua, who is standing beside me, quickly caught me with his arm. I was closing my eyes, waiting the impact to come, looked up when I heard Joshua coughed and his face was just inches from mine. Most of girls will scream and blush as red as tomato but I just stay rooted and stared at his brown orb.

 

His eyes widened and blushed. 

 

 

 

I need to admit, that kind of cute.

 

 

 

“Who are you?? What’s she doing here??”The other guy asked me then at his friend.

 

“HaNeul, and nice to meet you” I said trying to note my sarcasm.

 

He scracthed the back of his neck apologetically. “I’m sorry, it’s just they don't really hang out with girls. By the way, I’m Hoshi” he said.

 

“What are you doing here, Hoshi??” Joshua asked. 

 

JeongHan came and took my homework. “Let me hold this to you.” I smiled since I was too tired to argue right now. The boys had interesteing hair colors, Hoshi had a dirty blonde while JeongHan had  light purple and Joshua’s was brown. 

 

 

 

Why did they do that?? This school let them dyed their hair??

 

 

 

“Like what you see??” Hoshi said as he smirked. I snorted and decided to not answer his question when beside JeongHan whilst Hoshi was laughing his out. Suddenly, JeongHan seem to be annoyed by the scene, used my homework to hit Hoshi’s head. 

 

 

 

Good Job, JeongHan!! 

 

 

 

I was really satisfied and held my hand toward JeongHan to take my papers back. I already missed two of my class now. 

I spinned my heels, and started walking upstair.

 

“Can I ask you a favor??” Joshua asked as he followed me up. I nodded my head at him. He’s so polite. No one  has ever been this polite to me. They always called me names or just try to hurt me whenever we meet, t’s kind of new feeling for me and in all honesty, it feels great.

 

“What favor would you like from me??” I asked

 

“Can you bring us to the office. We seem to be lost right now.” He awkwardly laughed. 

I glanced at JeongHan’s watch. 9.15 a.m. 

 

I only have 30 minutes more before my class ended. I nodded and head my way upstair. They trailed behind me and started talking about random things.

 

 

 

Why all the new transfer student talked to me??

 

Didn’t they heard anything about me??

 

Didn’t anyone told them, that I’m a nerd?

 

Are them popular??

 

Are they going to pick on me??

 

Is really they’re going to be friend with me??

 

Or am I dreaming??

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter