Diva in (obvious) denial

Just like you wanted

Hangeng took in the sight of the frozen man standing at the foot of the stairs, and cocked his head in amusement. It was quite a change from his previously screaming and borderline crazy demeanor. Did this happen often? If so, then Hangeng could expect the near future to be quite interesting.

"So... You're Heechul, right?" He tried again, trying to hide his smile, though he was pretty sure he was far from being inconspicuous. Seeing no response from the other, the ends of his mouth only curled up more as he contemplated calling for Jaejoong. It was pretty drastic, but it seemed almost necessary. Just as he was about to make a move for the stairs, he caught a flicker of movement from the corner of his eye.

"What?"

Straightening up to look at the other who'd finally responded, Hangeng simply smiled before giving him a reply. "I said, you're Heechul, right?"

"Y-yeah I'm Heechul, that's me yeah..." The other stuttered as he tried to mask his blush at Hangeng's smile. Not that he was flustered, no of course not. Finding Heechul's actions cute, Hangeng let out a soft chuckle while Heechul averted his eyes, looking anywhere but in front of him as he silently cursed in his mind. Damn Jaejoong, this was all his fault.

"Well, I'm Hangeng, if Jaejoong hasn't informed you yet. I'll be working with you on your webtoon, or at least that's what your brother told me." 

"Uh... Yeah... I think. That's probably right." Heechul replied awkwardly, his brain seemingly unable to form comprehensive words.

"Probably right?" Hangeng repeated, raising an eyebrow in amusement. Whatever had gotten into the man before him, he had no clue.

"Well, that idiot Jae never actually told me you existed until just now." Heechul retorted, wrinkling his nose while Hangeng let out a chuckle. "I see."

"Yeah. So anyway, hi I'm Kim Heechul and it's nice to meet you Hangeng." Heechul replied boredly as he addressed the man in front of him. Hangeng honestly couldn't process the change in this man. First he was screaming and loud, then he proceeded to freeze and stutter, and now he suddenly regained just about all of his previous confidence. Then again, Jaejoong did warn him about Heechul's antics, so Hangeng decided to let it go.

"Same to you. Jaejoong never did tell me what you were working on, would you mind giving me an idea?" 

"Yeah about that," Heechul started before settling down on the couch next to Hangeng. "I actually have no clue. So no, I can't give you an idea."

Hangeng was mildly shocked. From what Jaejoong had told him, he'd expected Heechul to have a somewhat concrete plan on what his webtoon was going to be, and he would only have to help think of plot lines here and there, but the brunette actually seemed to have nothing in mind. 

Seeing the confusion displayed clearly on the other's face, Heechul let out a sigh. "Okay, what did my stupid brother tell you?"

"Well, he said--" Hangeng started before he was cut off.

 

"I told him my idiot brother was an artist who wanted to create a webtoon but at anything other than drawing. Being the nice guy he is, Geng agreed to help." Jaejoong smirked as he appeared on the stairwell. 

"YAH!" Ignoring his brother's indignigant cry, Jaejoong let out a short laugh. "I'm not stupid."

"I never said you were, Hee." Jaejoong continued smugly as he grinned at his seething brother. It was always amusing to rile him up.

"Oh yes, be a smartass now why don't you." Heechul groaned in reply while Hangeng watched the scene in front of him unfold in amusement. The brothers were quite an entertaining sight, even if he didnt dare say it out loud.

"But really, Hee, I did think you had at least some idea."

"Evidently I did not." Heechul replied, rolling his eyes. "See, this is why you should have bothered asking me beforehand, brother dearest." 

"Don't call me that idiot, it's disgusting." Jaejoong retorted in annoyance. 

"That's the whole point."

"Oh shut up." Jaejoong grumbled as he glanced at Hangeng. "Well then, since you have no plan are you actually gonna make the webtoon or am I going to have to buy Hangeng dinner as an apology for making him waste his time coming down here?"

"I'll think of it." Heechul replied so quickly that the other two occupants in the room turned to him immediately. He'd even shocked himself. Darn, was that embarrassing. "I mean, I do want to make a webtoon so why not?"

"Sure, Hee, sure." Jaejoong replied as he scanned his brother up and down. What just happened was less than normal, even for Kim Heechul. And he was beyond weird. Something was up, and Jaejoong was going to find out. Seeing the look on his brother's face, Heechul let out a scowl, praying desperately that only Jaejoong suspected anything because if Hangeng knew, then Heechul was dead.

 

"Okay then, do you want me to help you or do you just want to contact me when you're done thinking of a plot?" Hangeng asked, breaking the somewhat awkward silence. 

"You can help me. It's not like I have any idea anyways." Came the response, as Hangeng simply nodded in reply. 

"Well then, I should be going now, I have a lunch appointment to get to." Hangeng said as he made to get up. "It was nice meeting you, Heechul. Jae-ah, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah okay, go now." Jaejoong laughed as he waved the other off with a quick hug. "We wouldn't want you late to your appointment, now would we?" Hangeng simply responded with a soft chuckle before waving to the two and walking towards the front door. "Bye."

As he watched the exchange between the two, Heechul couldn't help the scowl that formed on his face. He didn't even know why for sure, he just knew the hug and comfort between the other two didn't sit well with him, for some strange, unknown reason. It wasn't jealousy, definitely not. He hadn't even known the guy for more than an hour. 

As the front door closed signaling Hangeng's departure, Jaejoong turned to his brother with a sneaky smile.

"Now, Kim Heechul, spill."