And so the devil strikes

Just like you wanted

Jaejoong sighed as he climbed up the stairs, tray in hand. He grumbled out of frustration and annoyance as he approached his brother's room before stopping just a few inches away from the large piece of wood. If he could, he wouldn't hesitate to vent his frustrations on it, but that would only mean being on the receiving end of Heechul's rage as well as earning himself an injured foot.

Evidently, he wanted neither of those.   

"Aish, why am I doing this?" Jaejoong mumbled to himself as he ran a hand through his hair, making it even more of a mess than it previously was. "Stupid Kim Heechul, stupid unappreciative diva." 

After a few minutes of near-silent ranting to himself, Jaejoong reached out for the door at the exact moment Heechul opened it. He almost fell into the room, and the thought made Heechul smirk. "So, dear brother, to what do I owe the pleasure?" He asked in a mocking tone.

"Stupid diva." Jaejoong cursed under his breath as he held out the tray he'd been holding. "You're an , but I figured I couldn't have you starve and rot in the house." Heechul stared at the food before turning to his brother, one eyebrow raised in suspicion. He'd been avoiding his brother for almost half the day without proper reason, and yet he was getting food?

"Is this poisoned?"

Jaejoong rolled his eyes as he looked at his hyung. "Don't be an idiot, didn't I just say I wouldn't let you become a corpse in this building?"

"That's true." Heechul hummed as he received the food. "Plus, if I wanted to kill you I'd do it with spices not poison." Jaejoong added as an evil grin formed on his face. "But don't worry, I didn't bother."

"Whatever." Heechul replied as he went back into his room and lay down the tray on his desk, haphazardly dumping the papers that previously occupied the space onto the floor. Watching in amusement, Jaejoong entered after him, the fact that the door was open meant he was welcome anyways. 

"Nice sketches." He commented as he picked up the papers that were now scattered all over the floor, observing them while admiring his brother's works. Heechul really did have some talent in the arts. Said man only rolled his eyes before leaning back in his chair. "Don't patronize me, Jae."

"I'm not." Jaejoong replied matter of factly. It was true, he did think the sketches were pretty good. 

"They ." Heechul groaned as he crushed one of the drawings he'd been working on. "I have absolutely no inspiration, no ideas, no nothing."

"You never do." Jaejoong teased before he caught Heechul's death glare. "Okay okay, I'm sorry."

"Whatever, I can't deny it. It's true." Heechul grumbled in defeat as he tossed the crushed paper into the bin. Hours and hours of drawing, thinking, and researching hadn't given him even the slightest form of inspiration, and it annoyed Heechul to no end. Firstly, he hated that he wasn't being creative. Secondly, he needed an idea to present so Hangeng would work with him. And lastly-- "Wait, what?"

"What?" Heechul commented as he heard Jaejoong's confused tone. "What's wrong?"

"Did you just-- never mind." Jaejoong replied dismissively as he waved his brother off. "No, Jae, tell me." Heechul countered, not willing to back off. If Jaejoong was confused about something that was related to him, then Heechul was hell bent on finding out what it was.

"No, it's nothing major, it's just..." Jaejoong's voice trailed off as he glanced at Heechul, eyebrows raised. "You..."

"For heaven's sake, Jae, just spill already!" Heechul near-shouted in annoyance. He wasn't one for playing games, and he hated living in suspicion. He didn't care if the curiosity killed the cat, he needed to satisfy his curiosity, and this was getting on his nerves.

"Nothing, you... Think about it hyung, I think you'll realize soon." Jaejoong mumbled as he got up to leave. "Cya in the morning hyung, now eat up. You didn't eat lunch."

"What... YAH KIM JAEJOONG! YAH!" Heechul yelled after his brother, but the latter was already long gone. Reverting to his grouchy self, Heechul picked up his fork and stabbed it into his meat. Stupid Jaejoong. After a few bites, Heechul knew something was up. Jaejoong was never this nice...

And he was right. 

 

"JAEJOONG YOU IDIOT WHAT DID YOU PUT IN MY FOOD?!" The yell resonated through the house as the culprit stifled his laughter back in his room, the only place that Heechul had no access to. Suffice to say he was safe, at least for the time being. 

"PEPPERS HYUNG, PEPPERS AND SPICES AND LOADS OF CHILLI." Came the response, though the older paid little attention as he was currently in a frenzy, rushing up and down the house in search of milk or water, anything that would help soothe his burning tongue. Jaejoong was a devil, and Heechul would kill him for it later. For now, he had to save his tastebuds.

"OH AND SOME CAPSAICIN TOO, I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!" Jaejoong smirked to himself as he flipped the pages of his book, laughing at the sound of his brother tripping and falling down the stairs.

 

"Stupid... Stupid idiot Jae..." Heechul huffed between gulps of milk as he tried to curb the numbness in his tongue. It was helping, but it wasn't enough. "I should've known. That devil of a brother... ."

As he leaned on the kitchen counter, Heechul thought back to their earlier conversation. What exactly made Jaejoong give him that... That look of suspicion? Confusion? Heechul wasn't sure. After racking his brains for 15 minutes, Heechul came to the conclusion that the only thing which could have such an effect would be something related to Hangeng, but Heechul was quite sure any possible thoughts he had about him, they never left his mouth. He was pretty sure Jaejoong wasn't psychic. Unless...

Realization dawned on Heechul as he almost coughed up his 6th glass of milk.

", I said it out loud."

 


And there you have it, Diva Time once again :D okay but for real I really love their bromance (devious Jaejoong is devious) so hey, bear with the lack of OTP moments for now, I promise they'll be appearing in the upcoming chapters to make up for it cause let's be real, we all need these moments to spazz over XD 

Hope you're liking the story so far, do drop me a comment if possible, I'll reply to every single one of them  and hey, maybe we could spazz over our ships as well! I love reading them soooo :D *hint hint* 

Till the next chapter!! Thanks for reading <3