Obligations

Just like you wanted

Once the door closed shut with a loud bang, the smile slipped from Hangeng's face as he furrowed his brows and closed his eyes, hand reaching to hold his head as he sat back down. Yunho watched from the side, deciding it would be better if he left his hyung alone for a while to calm down. After a few minutes, he broke the silence. "Hyung?"

"Yes, Yunho-ah?" Hangeng replied tiredly, eyes still closed as he felt the onset of a headache. Noting the other's silence, Hangeng let out a sigh. "I had no choice."  

"You could have asked for an extension." Yunho stated, frowning slightly. "14 days isn't enough, and you--"

"And I know it, yes." Hangeng continued dismissively. "But I had no choice, you heard him. He said 14 days, and thus 14 days I have."

"That's just Siwon speaking, for all you know he might just be trying to make things harder for you." Yunho continued, trying to argue his way through, though one look from Hangeng prevented him from making any further comments. "You know, Yunho. You know how the boss is like."

"That doesn't mean I have to like it." Yunho grumbled as he lay back in his chair, scowling out of frustration. Hangeng merely cracked a weak smile. "Neither do I, but what can I do about it?"

"You should just quit already, it's not like you're getting the recognition you deserve." Yunho continued, the feeling of injustice he felt for his hyung overtaking his emotions. He knew, they both knew how Hangeng was treated, but he couldn't help him, and it made him feel useless.

"Yunho..."

"It's ridiculous, this entire thing is ridiculous. What does he expect of you even? 14 days is way too short, even I know that." 

"Yunho."

"Talk to him, negotiate something. You can quit, you know? It'll be better and--"

"Yunho." Hangeng said with such finality that Yunho could do nothing but stop talking and let out a huff in annoyance. He hated it, he hated it all. His hyung didn't deserve this, none of them did. He ruffled his hair in frustration. "I know what I'm doing."

"I never said you didn't, it's just that--"

"I know." Hangeng cut in, smiling sadly at the younger. "I know, Yunho."

"Argh this is so frustrating. I don't like any of it." Yunho groaned as Hangeng watched in slight amusement, or at least whatever little bit of humor he could muster at that moment. If Hangeng could prevent it, then he would never let Yunho be affected by his problems. He would do anything to keep it off his dongsaeng's mind.

"Come on, let's go somewhere." Hangeng said suddenly, a small smile trailed on his lips as Yunho glanced up at him. "What?"

"Let's go somewhere, I don't really want to stay here."

"You don't have to do this, hyung."

"It's not just for you, Yunho, even if that's a big part of it. It's for me, too." Understanding what his hyung was implying, Yunho only nodded as he stood up as well. 

"I'll help you, hyung." Yunho added as Hangeng flashed him a weak smile accompanied by a look which carried the message across clearly.

"You know I'll do it anyways." Yunho laughed quietly, not missing the look in Hangeng's eyes. It didn't matter, he would always be there for his hyung, even if it wasn't very well-received by the other. He decided to change the subject. "Well then, where are we going?"

"If I were to be honest, I have no idea." Hangeng laughed, genuinely this time. 

"You never have an idea." Yunho replied as he hooked an arm around his hyung. "Wanna go grab some food?"

"Weren't you eating a while ago?" Hangeng asked, lips curled into an amused smile as he eyed the younger.

"I'm never too full for food." Yunho laughed in reply as he dragged his hyung out of the door. "Come on, let's go eat."

"Fine." Hangeng agreed as he followed the younger out. He was, and forever would be, thankful for Yunho. 

"By the way, hyung, you never got to the story about Jaejoong and his brother." 

"Right. I'll tell you once we get there." Hangeng laughed, shaking his head. "It's a long story."

"Then start now." Yunho said as they got into the car. "We have a long way to go."

 


Oh my god have you guys heard? I can't believe it Hangeng's leaving the music industry soon omg I can't T____T damn I'll be missing his songs... 

But anyways here's the update for you guys !! I felt like I couldn't really capture Yunho's personality here, idk but I'm working on it haha things will get better !! Hope you guys like the chapter, do drop me a comment and I'll definitely reply HAHA thanks for reading !! :)