When your brother is a diva

Just like you wanted

"Yah! Get your lazy down here!" 

The man in the chair groaned as he heard the voice calling for him. He was currently in a very, very comfortable position, and he saw absolutely no reason for him to get up. Twirling his pen between his fingers, he glanced down at the sketches he'd been working on for the past hour or so. He smirked.  Whatever, his brother could wait.

"YAH, GET DOWN NOW!"

The second yell didn't faze him. He remained seated in the chair, more bored than anything. It wasn't anything new anyway, he was more than used to having his brother scream his head off at him. It usually took about four or five calls before the other actually raged. Considering this was only the second, Heechul decided to pay no heed as he stretched lazily from where he was seated. Resuming what he'd previously been doing, the man started humming a quiet song peacefully.


That is, until the door to his room almost fell off its hinges as it was forcefully thrown open and a raging redhead barged in, fuming.

"Do you not understand what 'get your lazy down here now' means?!" The man yelled threatheningly as he glanced at the man on the chair.

"Jae please, I'm busy you know." Heechul replied, rolling his eyes. Whatever his brother had to say could wait. Then again, he never did get this angry before, and it piqued Heechul's interest. "What's up?"

"Busy my foot." Jaejoong scowled before letting out a sigh. "Maybe you'd know what's up if you had just come down like I said."

"Whatever Jae, just tell me what the hell is going on so I can go back to work." Catching a glimpse of the redhead rolling his eyes, Heechul heard some mumbling, but it was far too soft for him to make any sense out of it. "What did you say?"

"I said, I was hoping I didn't have to embarrass myself this way, but evidently it didn't work out." Jaejoong huffed as he glared accusingly at Heechul, who smirked. "What do you mean embarrass? Who could you even embarrass around here?"

"Maybe someone along the lines of your coworker?"

 

"Coworker?" Heechul asked, furrowing his brows in confusion. "What coworker?"

"Hee, you wanted to work on a webtoon, didn't you? Well, I found a writer for you so--"

"What?!" Heechul yelled as his mouth hung open. "Since when did I ask you to-- aish Jae really? You couldn't even ask if I wanted someone to collaborate with?!"

"Shut up, I saved you from having to do the work okay?" Jaejoong retorted as he once again rolled his eyes at his brother. Such a drama queen. 

"Excuse you Jae, what if I can't work with him? Didn't you ever consider the prospect of me not getting along with someone I'm supposed to work with?" Heechul groaned as he glanced at his brother. This was insane.

"I think it'll be fine, he's pretty patient." Jaejoong said, waving Heechul off. "Well, plus he seems like he doesn't mind your diva antics, I did warn him after all."

"But--"

"It's not like you're great working with anybody, what difference would it make?" Jaejoong smirked deviously as Heechul went slack-jawed, offended. "EXCUSE YOU?!"

"What? It's true." Jaejoong shrugged nonchalantly as he flicked his brother's forehead. "You'd probably drive them away before they even agreed to collaborating. Be thankful, you diva."

"YAH! That's not true!"

"You know it is." Jaejoong smirked. "Now if you're ready, your highness, he's been waiting downstairs for the past 15 minutes and I'm sure none of this has left a very good impression on the guy. He'd probably appreciate if you hurried, provided he hasn't left already."

"Argh this is all your fault!"

"Says the one who ignored my calls. I wouldn't have resorted to this if you'd just come down obediently, you know?" Jaejoong replied as he dragged the other out of his chair. "Now hurry up and follow me."

"What if I say no?" Feeling the inclination to smack his brother on the head, Jaejoong settled for simply rolling his eyes for the umpteenth time that day before dragging his trashing brother out of the room and down the flight of stairs.

 

"YAH JAEJOONG YOU IDIOT! LET GO OF ME YOU--"

"Sorry for the commotion, Hangeng, hope it wasn't too much for you." Jaejoong mumbled apologetically as he addressed the seemingly amused man sitting on the couch. "Someone was being an annoying today."

"It's okay, Jaejoong." Hangeng laughed slightly at the scene before him. Yes, Jaejoong had warned him about his future partner before he'd arrived, but seeing the man dragging his brother down the stairs was honestly all too amusing, even if it did mean sitting around for a good 20 minutes or so. Not that he'd minded, his phone proved to be a pretty good source of entertainment.  

"I'm still sorry you had to see this." Jaejoong replied as he dumped his brother unceremoniously at the bottom of the stairway. "Anyway, this is Heechul, or should I say an insane drama queen?"

"YAH!" Heechul cried indignigantly. "I am not insane! Drama queen I admit, but insane no."

"Sure sure chul, keep thinking that." Jaejoong replied dismissively, ignoring the protests sounding next to him. "Now shut up and go get acquainted with your new partner." With that, Jaejoong headed upstairs without a word as Heechul stared daggers into his back before turning to the man in their living room.

"So, you're Heechul, right?"

Before he could say anything snarky in reply, Heechul froze.

Damn, was that guy hot.