006

The Guy Opposite My Window [HIATUS]

 

'Are you free later?' - Iseul

​Not even a minute has passed and Iseul has already gotten a reply.

'If you wanna have fun then no. If it's a study date, I might squeeze in some time for you.' - Bomi 

Iseul snickered at her phone. This girl absolutely has no chills when it comes to mid terms. Or literally any exam you can think of. 

'2nd option seems fine. 130 at the usual cafe?' - Iseul

Of course Bomi agreed to it. She wouldn't say no to studying. Besides, mid terms was just a week away. 

"You going somewhere?" Woohyun asked as he pointed at the mess she made just to pack her bag for later. "Gonna study with Bomi." Iseul said. 

Woohyun chuckled, "Are you sure? It's studying you're talking about." 

"Don't be such an ." Iseul rolled her eyes and threw her pillow at him. 

Picking up the pillow which obviously missed him, Woohyun threw it back to her bed as he left his sister alone to get ready for her "study date" with Bomi. 

 

*****

"So what subjects are you studying today?" Iseul asked. "Math and science." Bomi's eyes literally lit up just by mentioning those subjects.

"That's great. I brought completely different things to do." Iseul sarcastically said. 

Bomi's forte was actually math and science. Though she knew she doesn't have to pay much attention to them compared to her other subjects, she just enjoyed doing them. 

While Iseul on the other hand, excelled in languages. Speak to her in any language, she could probably understand you. 

And that's not because she took those languages as an subject in school. Well.. maybe except for English and Chinese, the rest was purely based on watching a whole lot of dramas. 

Just barely before reaching the 30 minute mark, Iseul gave up on studying and was practically scanning through the cafe's menu and the customers. 

"Should I have cafe latte or latte macchiato?" Iseul tapped her pen onto Bomi's textbook. "Latte macchiato." Bomi said while shooing Iseul's hand away.

"Then I'll get cafe latte." 

Bomi shook her head and got back to work and at the same time, Iseul got her wallet out from her bag and was ready to order her stuffs. 

"Do you want anything?" She asked. Bomi declined which meant, she'll probably just eat what Iseul had ordered. 

While Iseul's about to order, she heard a familiar voice that made her turn towards his direction in an instant. 

Byun Baekhyun. 

Iseul's lips curled into a smile the moment she saw him, but soon faded when she saw him laughing along with his girl friend. She obviously knew Baekhyun had a girl friend since forever but it was hard for her to brush her feelings aside.

Iseul also knew who she was. Certainly it was those guys from Baekhyun's clique whom had so much to blabber about their relationship. 

Baekhyun's girl friend was none other than Kim Taeyeon. 

They met and got together in middle school but she enrolled into an art school instead of their school. It was perfectly fine, Taeyeon wanted it so bad and Baekhyun understood. 

She was shorter than him, obviously. Which made them look cuter overall. 

Iseul shrugged as she finally got her order, she picked them up and headed to her table which was at the other corner from Baekhyun's. "Hey, I thought you got latte macchiato?" Bomi raised her brows.

"Never mind, you always get the exact opposite of what people suggest." Bomi added. 

"Yah, do art schools have mid terms too?" Iseul asked while munching on her waffle. "Guess so? Probably their test is about singing or whatever. Why?" Bomi finally place her pen down for a break.

"Baekhyun's here. With Taeyeon." Iseul half heartedly smiled. "Baekhyun's smart enough to give himself a break and still do well in exams." Bomi rolled her eyes. 

"Anyway, did you say hi?" Bomi took a sip of Iseul's drink. "Are you crazy? He's with Taeyeon." 

"Please, he didn't even see me." Iseul added. "Then will you stop thinking about it and get back to work? I didn't come here to listen to your problems." Bomi nagged. 

For the next hour and half, Iseul surprisingly managed to get a few old test papers done. She was now bored with language so she had Bomi exchange with her their textbooks.

 

Just when Baekhyun was leaving, he recognized the two girls studying near the entrance of the cafe. He went up to them to chat a little. 

"Need help?" Baekhyun jokingly offered. "That's fine." Bomi immediately refused, making Baekhyun chuckle. 

Bomi was known for snapping at guys. She didn't exactly dislike guys but she just prefer her sports and books over guys. Not to mention, a few guys were already turned down by her. 

"It's alright. But it'll be great if you're able to lend us your notes." Iseul said. "You. Not us." Bomi corrected. "Oh okay, fine." Iseul shot her a look. 

"Oh right. This is my girl friend, Taeyeon." Baekhyun slung his arm over her shoulders while introducing her. "Nice to meet you~" Taeyeon smiled. 

Iseul was taken aback for a moment, "Her voice sounds so good. Oh god, I sound like a ert."

"Nice to meet you too! Anyway, last long with this guy right here." Iseul smiled and patted Baekhyun's arm. "We will. We'll leave you guys to study now. By the way, if an unknown number texted you.. That's Sehun." Baekhyun flashed a smile before leaving. 

"What's that all about?" Bomi smirked. "Beats me." Iseul shrugged.