004

The Guy Opposite My Window [HIATUS]

 

"Aish, I'm running late again." Iseul paced around her house. "Who told you to sleep late again? Let me guess, 3am?" Mr Nam raised his brows. "Ah dad, I slept earlier alright.. 2.58am." She sheepishly smiled.

The moment Iseul found all her stuffs she needed for the day, she shoved it into her bag and rushed to the gate to wear her shoe. "BYE!" She greeted as she slammed the gate shut and hurried to the bus stop.

'You have about 2 minutes or so to get to the bus stop!!' - Bomi 

Iseul gasped at the message and placed her phone into her pocket. She groaned at the crowd in front of her, blocking her way. "Excuse me!" She raised her voice each time she tried to break through the crowd. 

Unfortunately, today wasn't her day. She missed the bus that Bomi was in. Which also meant that she'll be late by the time the next bus arrives. "Can this day get any worse.." She rolled her eyes. 

'I'll probably be late by the time I reach the bus stop near school so get to school first. See you later~' - Iseul 

Iseul closed her messaging app and went onto the net to check for the latest gossip news about those stars from the entertainment line. "Are you kidding me? She went for plastic surgery again?" She mumbled to herself. 

By the time Iseul boarded the bus, it was already 7.15am and she was supposed to reach school by 7.20am. She decided to take it slow since she was already late. What's the point of rushing? She just hoped that she wouldn't get any detention or so. 

 

 

"Nam Iseul, late for 5 times. Detention or Running?" Mr Kim said as he scanned through her information. "Are you kidding me?" She muttered under her breath. "I'll go running." 

"10 rounds around the field. You can go now." Mr Kim gestured her to get started while he dealt with other students. 

Iseul placed her bag beside the goal post and started her run. As she was running, lots of thoughts came to her mind. For example, since when the field was this big? 

Eventually, she was too caught up with her thoughts till she didn't realized Junhyung was now right beside her, calling her name. "Eh." He used his elbow to nudge her. "Huh? what? where?" Iseul blurted out. 

"Since when you're beside me?" Iseul pointed at him. "Since forever." He rolled his eyes. "Nah, I was gonna choose detention but I saw you running so I've decided to join you." He said.

"Aww. I have such a nice friend." She patted his head. "Yah! I spend 1 hour doing my hair..." Junhyung pouted and touched his hair slightly to fix it. "You do know.. you're running now right." Iseul grinned. 

While the Iseul and Junhyung were bickering with each other as usual and enjoying the run, two student's weren't enjoying the scene they saw as they looked out of the window. 

 

*****

Iseul carefully knocked onto the door and opened it big enough for her to go through it. "Sorry Mrs Park. I was late and I had punishments to do." She bowed and explained. 

Mrs Park simply nodded and told her to take a seat. "You don't look like someone who will be late." Sehun whispered as he took down notes. "I overslept alright." Iseul frowned. "Guess you're a night owl." He concluded.

She rubbed the back of her neck as she chuckled awkwardly at the spot on remark. "Oh please, don't tell me you're not." Iseul said. Sehun shrugged his shoulders and shot Iseul an look before going back to whatever he was doing. 

 

 

"Why were you late this morning?" The owner of the voice folded her arms as she watched Junhyung pull out his chair to sit. "I lost track of time and missed the bus." Junhyung sighed, hoping this wont lead to another argument. 

"Oh really? or were you trying to avoid me?" She raised her brows. "Hara. Believe me or not, I really missed the bus today and it wasn't my intention to ignore your calls." 

"Look at you raising your voice right now. Sorry for ruining your mood from just now." Hara flashed him an insincere smile. "You're being unreasonable again." Junhyung slammed his book shut and walked out of his class. 

 

*****

After school, Hara bumped into Iseul just like she wanted to. "Nam Iseul." She called out as she waited for Iseul to turn towards her. "What?" Iseul had her resting face on. 

"I've told you to stay away from Junhyung didn't I?" Hara said. "Why? You jealous about your boyfriend being comfortable around me?" Iseul smirked. "I have nothing to be jealous about. I've warned you, so better stay away from him." Hara pushed Iseul away with her shoulders. 

"This ." Iseul cursed as she looked back at her. 

"Iseul ah!" Mark called out as he ran towards her. Iseul stood still and waited for him, "What's up?". 

"I wanted to ask you out for lunch today. Plus, we have the class project to start on." He reminded. "Oh right.. the project, let's go then." She smiled. "By the way, where's Bomi?" Mark casually asked. 

"She's having extra lessons today. It's probably your first time seeing me alone huh?" Iseul chuckled. "Sort of. I have to say, you guys are inseparable." Mark said. 

The two headed to the nearest fast-food chain to grab a bite before heading to a cafe to start on their project. Mark sighed in relief at the fact that he got paired up with Iseul this time round. 

That's because, Iseul wasn't like those (fan)girls who loved volunteering themselves to be his partner, just to give a shot on getting Mark to be theirs. 

And she was able to work well with anyone she was assigned with and her personality made things so much easier. Besides, she has tons of lame jokes she could always share to lighten up the mood. 

Also, Mark hasn't been in Korea that long enough to actually be fluent in Korean just yet and Iseul was someone who took English and was pretty fluent in it so there were no problems when it came to communicating. 

"So entertainment industry it is." Iseul finalized as she circled it out among the other business industries. "I bet a few others would also touch on this so we'll just have to be better than them." Mark said. 

"Hm, what do you know about our entertainment line?" Iseul asked. "It's getting popular worldwide and people from other countries would also try their luck to audition. It's a tiring job but I guess the end product of it is that the idols themselves are satisfied at their hard work which paid off after the long run." 

She nodded in agreement as they continued with their discussion. "Have you ever thought of auditioning?" Mark questioned. "Of course. It certainly looks more fun rather than studying." Iseul sighed. 

"Then have you tried to audition?" Mark wondered. "I haven't, but Bomi suggested to try out for Acube next month." Iseul said. "What about you?"

Mark was already a trainee at JYPE. However, he had to keep it to himself or maybe at most.. let his parents know about it. "I've auditioned several times and nothing seems to work out." He laughed dryly. 

"There's lots of people trying to get into the companies so there's a lot of competition going on." He added.

For the next hour, they spent their time talking about auditioning and stuffs eventually throwing their project aside. Though it may still count as 'researching ' on the topic. 

It was also getting late so they decided to meet up another day to finish the project. The conversation with Mark made Iseul more determined to practice her dance and singing during her free time.

 


 

A/N: Updated with cameo appearances from Beast's Junhyung & Got7's Mark :). Do feel free to request any appearances from any idols or any scene that you would want in this story~