Little, meaningful things

What Do You Know?

Jongup now knows from A to Z. He took out a beige handkerchief from his pocket and wiped my tears with it. The gap between us was long gone and I now have my head placed on Jongup's shoulder. I knew I could count on him. I knew I could trust him. I knew he's worth it.

The whole time I told him my story, Jongup would give small but meaningful reactions. When I cried, he pulled me closer and patted my back softly. When I was angry about how unlucky I am, he grabbed my hand and rubbed it smoothly. When I told about my mom's sickness, he entwined our fingers and squeezed my hand a bit.

He is the one. I suddenly felt a spark every after he did those little things. Jongup, he's special. I don't ever want to lose him. He is the one. He definitely is.

Story after story I told him, we came to silence and enjoyed the view where the playground was lit by small post lights and the crescent moon was bright with few stars surrounding it. We did not realise how time flew by and it was almost 8PM. I had to admit I was hungry, I had not eaten anything since I left college other than I drank water. I looked up to Jongup. I got a closer view of his flawless features and I cannot help but I think I fell for him for real this time. I fell hard. Just like how I fell on the track last time. I chuckled to myself and grabbed Jongup's attention.

Instead of asking what has gotten into me, Jongup just smiled. A small but soothing smile. He looked back into my eyes and we did not dare to break the contact. We stayed like that for god knows how long until the sound of crunchy dried leaves been stepped on broke our eye contact. We both giggled and I sat up straight, in case his shoulder was sore from the weight of my head.

"You have beautiful eyes," Jongup said and I was shocked that I turned my head to him only to find that he was still looking at me. I was too shy to look back at him so I turned my head away. My blood was rushing to my cheek and its getting hotter. To make things worse, my stomach grumbled so loud that I can sense Jongup was tittering. I hugged myself, hoping to lessen the sound. Goodness!

"Do you want to go get some food first?" He offered. I looked around to see which shop was nearby but as far as I remember, the nearest bakery was at the previous corner, quite far from where we were sitting. I shook my head, I was afraid that I might trouble him in any way.

"It's late, I can just cook something for myself later. Aren't you going home?" I asked Jongup, hoping not to offend him for rejecting his offer. Suddenly he got up on his feet and stretched his body in front of me. Freaking in front of me! Oh my! His shirt lifted a bit and I can see his fair skin! I looked away and tried hard to content my feelings. He let out a super annoyingly hot sigh and turned back to me.

"Come on, let's eat. I don't want to send you off with an empty stomach and plus, I'm starving too," he flashed his angelic smile but then he hung his head low in embarrassment. He looked so confident just now and that made me giggled. I stretched my legs before I got on my feet since we have been sitting down for so long and made our way to the nearest shop which was the bakery I was saying.

When we reached the corner, the bakery was just across the street but instead, Jongup walked to the right. I was about to call him but when he turned back and saw me frozen, he grabbed my hand and walked into the direction he went just now. Our skin made contact again and I blushed. I thought Jongup would pull me the whole walk but his pace became slow until we were walking side by side again. He did not let go of my hand which made my cheeks to grow even more red.

Jongup looked at me over his shoulder and smiled. I was too shy to look back into his eyes so I pretended that I did not see him staring at me. I feel like darting his attention back to the road instead of me but I had to admit I like the attention he gave me.

 

*******************

 

Jongup then halted, making me to stop as well. I looked up to the surrounding and notice we reached a restaurant. He nudged me a bit until I looked at him and signalled me to enter. I could not move because I don't think I have much money to pay for it but Jongup insisted to go inside and we eventually did.

It was not a fancy restaurant though. Just a normal 2 star restaurant with affordable prices so I was kind of relieved. We sat at the 2 seated table next to a window and a waiter approached us with 2 menu books. Jongup took both of them but he didn't hand me the other one. He looked into the menu, whispered his order to the waiter and the waiter smiled while jotting down the orders.

"Very well, sir," the waiter grabbed the menu books from Jongup and winked at him. What does this mean?

"What was that?" I asked but Jongup pretended he did not hear me and pulled out his phone, tapping the screen multiple times. I was so curious that I craned my neck to peak. Jongup noticed so he showed me his phone by placing it on the table. We always do this back in college. I noticed Jongup must have fully trusted me but I was the only one who have trust issues. I should have known he was worthy.

I pulled his phone closer to have a better look. It was a text message between him and his mother. The first text was earlier this evening, must be the one that rang when we were at the playground. 

 

Mother: When can I meet her?

Jongup: Soon mom. I am with her right now.

 

Confused, I looked at him and wondering what does this mean. Were they talking about me? Why would his mother wanted to meet me?

As I opened my mouth to dart him my questions, the waiter arrived with our foods. My eyes widen at what Jongup ordered for me. He ordered himself some meat, which was his favourite food and I have spaghetti meatball, my favourite food too! I may be weird for being happy over foods but I can't help it. I unconsciously grabbed my fork and I eat up the spaghetti with my eyes. Jongup chuckled at the sight and knew that I would be pleased.

I thanked him for ordering my favourite food. He laughed because I always do that. I always thank him for the little things that he did or gave me. Because to me, one day, these things might be gone or may never happen again so I shall not waste any of it and enjoy it to the fullest.